MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
assuming this doesn't come out before the 1st of august, i'm going to cancel this on the 1st and have sideshow put the deposit towards the mk43. The mk43 will be my avengers IM.

the gaps aren't even the problem, the problem for me is that they purposely made this figure less articulated cause of that chest reveal. It clear they did it just so they could sell that stupid mk3 construction. I just feel you're not getting your monies worth, i mean its not even a diecast hardly at all.

the gaps aren't even the problem, the problem for me is that they purposely made this figure less articulated cause of that chest reveal. It clear they did it just so they could sell that stupid mk3 construction. I just feel you're not getting your monies worth, i mean its not even a diecast hardly at all.

Good points just a letdown of a figure unfortunately.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

yeah I'm going to try and get my NRD and the $61 in points I used go towards a different figure. Luckily I have never done this before so I hope they will do it. The fact that there is hardly any diecast at all really bothers me and the lack of articulation. I was so pumped for this figure because I love the look of the Mark III. I can see this thing sitting around getting seriously discounted.

yeah I'm going to try and get my NRD and the $61 in points I used go towards a different figure. Luckily I have never done this before so I hope they will do it. The fact that there is hardly any diecast at all really bothers me and the lack of articulation. I was so pumped for this figure because I love the look of the Mark III. I can see this thing sitting around getting seriously discounted.

You should get the NRD but you will not get the points back, once used they are gone.

Well to be honest we knew that chest reveal was going to cost the figure ab crunch, but damn no movement at all! I think most of all i just dont feel its worth the money, it is barely diecast so it should have been some degree cheaper i think.

Well this is depressing. Waiting for years, getting so close and then it all seems to fall apart?
No way. I'm sticking with it. I only want one Iron Man and dammit, this is it!
The first IM film is the best, this the most iconic armour... I don't need it to do sit ups, crunches or yoga!

Well this is depressing. Waiting for years, getting so close and then it all seems to fall apart?
No way. I'm sticking with it. I only want one Iron Man and dammit, this is it!
The first IM film is the best, this the most iconic armour... I don't need it to do sit ups, crunches or yoga!

exactly by buying this figure despite the flaws its like telling HT were ok with what they've done. I'm sorry but i'm not spending 300+ on this.

Coming from an Iron Man collector, if you want an Avengers IM figure, I'd personally recommend the Mark 45. Like Motuxmen said in the post above, it looks like it'll be a fantastic figure. It's certainly shaping up to be my personal favorite IM figure yet.

View attachment 196810

He does look amazing, I just worry that he's not 'classic' looking enough. If my pls to swap Avengers Cap for AoU then I think I might just go for the 45. Both will look good with DW sleeved Thor.

exactly by buying this figure despite the flaws its like telling HT were ok with what they've done. I'm sorry but i'm not spending 300+ on this.

This is a very sensible way of looking at it. If this figure ends up being a massive seller purely because 'it's the one from the first and best Iron Man movie', that gives Hot Toys carte blanche to cut similar corners with any future diecast do-overs of the older armour marks, like the Mk IV or VI. Frankly, after owning a few of the other diecast figures they've made and seeing the huge leaps in articulation engineering they made over the older plastic suits with them, that's just not acceptable.

The Mk IV's my holy grail, but after being burned on an Ebay purchase of the original release I'm waiting now to see if there's any announcement of a diecast version. If they announced it lacking the features figures like the Mk 42, Mk 43, Iron Patriot and '87 Robocop all incorporated I'd be extremely unhappy.

yeah mk4 and mk6 are what i'm waiting for, though if i had to choose i would take mk6 cuz i just love that triangle chest.

Looove Mk VI. Hope it's the next one they redo

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Same, I think we're in the minority of triangle chest fans :lol

The Mk IV edges it for me though because I prefer the colour scheme. That perfect mix of red and gold with no gunmetal accents is beautiful.

Honestly the original mk4 and 6 are still quite impressive but they go for way too much money. I like that ex of the mk4 though with the donuts and glasses, that was genius on HT part.

Back