MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly the original mk4 and 6 are still quite impressive but they go for way too much money. I like that ex of the mk4 though with the donuts and glasses, that was genius on HT part.

Having had one in my hands I can confirm it is still a damn good figure. The donut, donut box and glasses are great accessories.

Might just suck it up and see if I can get one for less than £200.

Having had one in my hands I can confirm it is still a damn good figure. The donut, donut box and glasses are great accessories.

Might just suck it up and see if I can get one for less than £200.

I would have bought one already but I worry about ze Dreaded Pink Panties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still quite excited to get this. My first classic armor.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
It seems we're in the minority here, but I personally can't wait for this armor as well. I think it looks great. The lack of ab crunch articulation doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the deficiency of diecast parts.

Same. I love the triangle chest plate and unibeam, and I hope the Mark 6 is next in line!

Instant order for me, even if it would be another Iron Man, as I think a Mk6 is very likely to be at least teased in the next 12 months some tough choices of selling some of the ones I have or will have by then may be in order (I don't have as many as others but with small space for a collection even a small number is feeling like its getting out of hand)

Mark 3 & 6 are the ones that I want to have from the original IM. If they made mark vi, it's instant PO. Posers here are making me double guess on getting the mk3 though. I like the 43 too but for me, the mark 3 looks better with the shiny, clean, classic appearance. I'll wait for more reviews before I decide. Maybe we need a poll for this.

Mark 3 & 6 are the ones that I want to have from the original IM. If they made mark vi, it's instant PO. Posers here are making me double guess on getting the mk3 though. I like the 43 too but for me, the mark 3 looks better with the shiny, clean, classic appearance. I'll wait for more reviews before I decide. Maybe we need a poll for this.
If you want an Iron Man collector's opinion, I think this figure looks great and would make a fine addition to a display, especially if you're looking for a more classic armor.

If you want an Iron Man collector's opinion, I think this figure looks great and would make a fine addition to a display, especially if you're looking for a more classic armor.

So far from the videos & pics it really looks great. The absence of ab articulation bothers me too coz I'm a dynamic poser but I can't wait for another 4 yrs for a re-release of a classic IM.

It seems we're in the minority here, but I personally can't wait for this armor as well. I think it looks great. The lack of ab crunch articulation doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the deficiency of diecast parts.
generally if you like something here your in the minority.

I have the figure and it's great. Limited articulation is relative I suppose. It's got more then Thor and hulk and Cap and widow and batman and superman and terminator and Marty and storm troopers...less then most the iron man armors, but not all. If it's got better articulation then almost every single character I think that's more then enough for me.

Finally watched the review. I'm actually not usually worried about the articulation or the landing pose. However, I don't want an Iron Man 3D puzzle, so goodbye NRD!

This armor will still sell fine, although it is a polished turd. There are so many people out there with an empty bay for a HOA setup that this guy fills. It doesn't need to do ab crunches for that, just stand there and look pretty. Disappointing but a reality of how this figure will be used by many collectors.

Sad thing is it's not movie accurate even for that since the chest plate is not battle damaged. But I am sure they will announce that version in the next 12 months.

45185-254109-523552101521362994653931487968607n1jpg-620x.jpg

For me more articulation means less accuracy so the less the better for me...to an extent. Yes there's the 'this is a figure not a statue' argument, but there are nowhere near as many options as far as 1/6 IM statues go.

Like everything, it's just a matter of personal preference.
For me, I like the MkIII as a suit and want it in my collection. The original version doesn't do it for me as it just looks too off, and while I fully realise these are just toys, it looks too 'toyish' for me.
Sure this new version is expensive, but I am probably not gonna find the original any cheaper these days either. And this one looks a lot better.
This doesn't have the articulation that the other recent suits have had, but it still has some and more than most other characters.
The Mark VII is one of my favourite Iron Man figures so far, but that articulation is pretty basic (as I had the 42 before that it seemed especially poor) but I still wanted the figure and glad I did.

I would prefer it articulated more over the removable chest/ab plates. I would prefer more die cast pieces. I would prefer considering these are both not true, that it cost less. But it doesn't. And no amount of complaining will change that. Hot Toys will most likely never know (or care) what we think as a board, this will still sell.

I think a lot of people are following the negative hype on this one. I am keeping my order for it, as in hand I expect to be perfectly happy with it.

But I hope the VI is a more standard die cast release if/when...

For me, I like the MkIII as a suit and want it in my collection. The original version doesn't do it for me as it just looks too off, and while I fully realise these are just toys, it looks too 'toyish' for me.
Sure this new version is expensive, but I am probably not gonna find the original any cheaper these days either. And this one looks a lot better.
This doesn't have the articulation that the other recent suits have had, but it still has some and more than most other characters.
The Mark VII is one of my favourite Iron Man figures so far, but that articulation is pretty basic (as I had the 42 before that it seemed especially poor) but I still wanted the figure and glad I did.

I would prefer it articulated more over the removable chest/ab plates. I would prefer more die cast pieces. I would prefer considering these are both not true, that it cost less. But it doesn't. And no amount of complaining will change that. Hot Toys will most likely never know (or care) what we think as a board, this will still sell.

I think a lot of people are following the negative hype on this one. I am keeping my order for it, as in hand I expect to be perfectly happy with it.

:lecture :goodpost:

I couldn't have said it better. I agree with every single word.

:exactly: I am keeping mine, i have a couple IM figs that have very little ab articulation so i can live with this and i knew when i ordered it most likely would have very little to none.

Still really looking forward to this. Articulation was never a concern when I ordered, it's going in a museum pose next to my IP. I do get the frustration of those looking for more articulation though.

When I look at my collection, most of my figures have been in the same pose since I bought them. I love to initially play around and tinker for a week with my new buy, but eventually I find an awesome pose and voila.
So with this figure I personally don't see that much of an issue.
And of the two Iron Man figures I do own, they are in awesome dynamic poses and guess what?? No ab articulation was needed:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436889656.911598.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436889676.035841.jpg

So again I don't think I'll be that disappointed in the ab articulation omission. It looks great and I am darn sure I can get him into a very eye catching pose as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like hokie says, this armor is the last one I need to complete my HOA setup. Not worried at all about limited articulation. This will stand in my hoa and just look pretty

Back