MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is what I anticipated. Not sure what some of you guys expected it to be. Comes with about the same amount as Iron Patriot which is the same price.

I'll probably hold off for a bit on ordering due to the nonrefundable deposit. Going to wait for a couple other preorders to be off my plate and order closer to release most likely. Only thing is I want the exclusive.

As much as I'd like to have all the IM armors in die-cast, I don't think they will redo all the initial ones. I'm guessing the Mark 3 got the die-cast treatment because its probably the most iconic armor. Otherwise, why not start from the beginning if they want to do them all in die-cast? Now if the Battle Damaged Mark 42 ends up being released as a die-cast armor, I'll rethink my initial statement :dunno Regardless, this is an easy PO for me. I have all the clean armor versions of the armors except the Mark 3. That's my only battle damaged armor. The EXC item was previously offered with another IM armor if I'm not mistaken.

Hot Toys just did 2.0 versions of Marks I and II, right? Maybe it'll wait a few more years before doing those in diecast as well, maybe as part of the 10th anniversary. And if you're going to go the diecast route, may as well start with the most famous of them first.

Hot Toys just did 2.0 versions of Marks I and II, right? Maybe it'll wait a few more years before doing those in diecast as well, maybe as part of the 10th anniversary. And if you're going to go the diecast route, may as well start with the most famous of them first.
I too don't see them doing all the armors all over again. They picked the Mark 3 since so many people wanted it to be redone. The announcement even states the following:

The Mark III was a very popular armor among fans and Hot Toys’ release of the 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure is sought after by collectors after its introduction!

The Mark 1 2.0 is perfect as it is. Mark 4-7 holds up extremely well. What I can see them doing is a Mark 3 BD Version and a Mark 2 Diecast since they just need to repaint this one. Maybe in 10 years when they finally get around to ******** out all the armors from Iron Man 3, they'll go back and redo them all but for now I don't think that's what they're focusing on.

I really want to want this armor. It's the most definitive one, closest to the comics. But the loss of articulation is killing me. Plus I think Avengers 2 armor will be diecast and that's pretty close to official. I dunno. Someone help me rationalize buying this lol.

I mean seriously, did we REALLY need to be able to take the chest and ab plates off to reveal some inner skeleton? Was so close to being perfection...

Hot Toys still can't get this armor to look right. I saw Iron Man again the other day, and it made the issues with this product more noticeable. The neck is too long, and the body isn't wide enough.

All the respect to those whose opinions differ, but the Mk3 is THE definitive suit in my eyes. This really is the grand daddy of all the film designs and is a faithful silver screen treatment of the classic red and gold IM comic suit. The Mk4 is second on my list but I'm not a fan of the chunky thighs and narrow shoulders, and it lacks any real action scenes in IM2 unless you count flying into an ensemble of cheerleaders as action... well maybe that counts :wink1: Oh and fighting Rhodey but that was kinda silly rock 'em sock 'em robot fighting. With the Mk4 one can also argue Meinerding took Granov's Mk3 design and built it up from there.

The Mk6 lost what little appeal it had to me when the Mk33 came out. The triangle RT is the Silver Centurion's signature look and we now have the film version of that suit, albeit with negligible screen time. To me the Mk3 and Mk33 are the 2 definite comic-inspired suits from the MCU. I'm actually tempted to sell my Mk7 after I get the diecast Mk3 in hand but the 7 does come with a bunch of add-ons, makes it a tough decision. Probably end up keeping the 7 but may not display it all the time. My permanent display will likely be the Mk3, Mk33, and WM Mk1 :rock

I too don't see them doing all the armors all over again. They picked the Mark 3 since so many people wanted it to be redone. The announcement even states the following:

The Mark 1 2.0 is perfect as it is. Mark 4-7 holds up extremely well. What I can see them doing is a Mark 3 BD Version and a Mark 2 Diecast since they just need to repaint this one. Maybe in 10 years when they finally get around to ******** out all the armors from Iron Man 3, they'll go back and redo them all but for now I don't think that's what they're focusing on.

I could see them doing that. They could space out their diecast releases over several years. But either way, it's a license to print money. There's always new collectors coming on board who missed out on the first releases and it isn't too difficult for Hot Toys to just replace 40 percent of a figure with diecast parts, repaint some Tony Stark head sculpts and throw in an "exclusive" accessory with each release. And you can hear reviewers on Youtube rave about the feel, and heft, of diecast over plastic.

And I'd love a Mark II in diecast. All of the first seven, really. And, one day, fingers crossed, a Midas!

Nothing's a sure thing, but how can Hot Toys not re-release Mark IV? It'll be producing Iron Man figures at least through Avengers 3, right?
I'm 99% sure they will, but you never know. Besides that, I really do like the Mark III, in addition to the exclusive, and am kinda sick of waiting, to be honest. This is most likely my final IM purchase (have MILK War Machine, WM MK II, Iron Monger and Whiplash Mark II on order), so I'm kinda just glad to close off this franchise.

I'm 99% sure they will, but you never know. Besides that, I really do like the Mark III, in addition to the exclusive, and am kinda sick of waiting, to be honest. This is most likely my final IM purchase (MILK War Machine, WM MK II, Iron Monger and Whiplash Mark II on order), so I'm kinda just glad to close off this franchise.

Sadly, I'm not getting it, but Whiplash Mark II looks like it's gonna be BOSS.

so its official 36 points of articulation???
meaning torso articulation?

I really wish this came with a tony stark head sculpt similar to the first mech tech plus improved BD parts. I can understand them not improving the waist articulation, but this figure just seems a little light. I bet they release a BD version with a great tony head sculpt.

Maybe in 10 years when they finally get around to ******** out all the armors from Iron Man 3, they'll go back and redo them all but for now I don't think that's what they're focusing on.

You are forgetting there are at 3 or more armors in AOU, that should make it more like a 15-year run...

I want my BD Mark III armor now! Right now! I'm perfectly happy with my VI & VII and looking forward to the XXXIII! So no interest in any other Diecast.

Back