MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cracked open the polystyrene coffin for the Mk 42, and indeed the fisted hands have started turning pink. Everything in the Mk 33 box seems to be fine.

I'll post some pictures later, once I've had a chance to take my figures out of their cabinet and examine them further.

Looking at the stark figure next to the MKIII, it looks like the MKIII is about the right size for him to fit into ( if anything, maybe slightly too tall ) and all the others suits would be too tall for him. :dunno

short5.jpg

Sadly no. Actually fellow collectors in my country also suffered from the same issue. The hands and mark 42's panties aren't diecast. Also, you can also see the rubber part on the wrist of mark 42 turn pink. Here's the pics

I'll try take better pictures if those not clear enough

I just cracked open the polystyrene coffin for the Mk 42, and indeed the fisted hands have started turning pink. Everything in the Mk 33 box seems to be fine.

I'll post some pictures later, once I've had a chance to take my figures out of their cabinet and examine them further.

Just great ****ing Hot Toys :cuss

Thanks heubert. I'm just trying to point out that HT still haven't figure out how to solve those problem and from my history people can see I've never trolled even once in ssf.
cheers

Dont worry about it nightsurf, some people can be ignorant of the fact that Hot Toys still screws up. Thanks for sharing and sorry for the figure. This fading paint issue is ridiculous,Hot Toys needs to get their s*it together smfh.

Midget of a figure.

:lol

I think mine faded a little also. I haven't looked at his butt since I bought it and I do keep it out of sunlight. At least it's behind the fig.

Last edited:
That's not a fade issue. At least not with the crotch area. The old pink panty issue was a reaction becuase of the material used. The material used in that piece is plastic not soft rubber/vinyl. It's hard to tell from the photos texactly what is the issue. But it's not the the same issue from the early armor.

I think mine faded a little also. I haven't looked at his butt since I bought it and I do keep it out of sunlight. At least it's behind the fig.

But My MKVI never faded

This also isn't a pink panty issue. That's not a fade issue. That section just has less gloss top coat and a more satin finish.

This also isn't a pink panty issue. That's not a fade issue. That section just has less gloss top coat and a more satin finish.
Thats what I was thinking that the paint is on a different surface and not glossy. It does look lighter but Ive never seen another mk42 so I wasnt sure.

Thats what I was thinking that the paint is on a different surface and not glossy. It does look lighter but Ive never seen another mk42 so I wasnt sure.

Yeah that would be my guess.

And to clarify, I wasn't trying to say there's no issue or anything. Only that if there is it is not caused by the same pinky panty issue of old. The old issue was caused by the material and it's reaction with heat or light and how that altered the paint. The diecast 42/43 does not have the same material so it's not the same issue.

As for the other comment about having a thing for Howard chan. This from the guy who posts in a forum and threads that he does not collect...how about you figure out your own issues before you start making diagnosis of others.

Just becuase I do not think spreading or continuing false assumptions is the right move does not mean I have any feelings one way or another about Howard Chan. And since everyone in this site, except for you which shows how strange you are, collects and has a passion for hot toys..or they wouldn't spend time and money on them...most people who don't collect would say the same thing about everyone here.

Here's the fist hands lined up with the repulsor hands. It's less obvious in the photos than it is in-hand, but the fists have definitely faded to a more pinkish red than the colour they were when I first bought this figure about a year ago.

DqmXUQB.jpg

For some reason the inside of the fist hasn't been affected as badly.

B3zWCOC.jpg

Mk 42's posterior looks the same as when I first unpacked it. It's always been slightly lighter than the other red sections on the figure.

hSGAFMK.jpg

Bonus:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's the fist hands lined up with the repulsor hands. It's less obvious in the photos than it is in-hand, but the fists have definitely faded to a more pinkish red than the colour they were when I first bought this figure about a year ago.

DqmXUQB.jpg

For some reason the inside of the fist hasn't been affected as badly.

B3zWCOC.jpg

Mk 42's posterior looks the same as when I first unpacked it. It's always been slightly lighter than the other red sections on the figure.

hSGAFMK.jpg

Bonus:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The fists, if I recall, are a softer material. So it's possible that's why. I'll have to dig mine out. But the body for iron man was intentionally changed after the mk6 becuase of the chance of the pink panties. Even the softer material (often called rubber but is more of a synth blend) was changed to try and prevent this from happening. And there's been little to no reports of it after the mk6, at least at ssc and hot toys.

The best thing to do to prevent any of the older pink issues, and maintain the rubber of other figures, is to keep it cool and dry(not super dry but low humidity). Below mid 80s temp wise. Anything over that can cause issues. Just a tip.

The photo looks cool though. Well done

That's pretty neat!

Is the head inspired by The Secret Master? :lol

I think I actually drew that before Secret Master was released. I've been ripping off Ben Mauro and Aaron Beck long before Devil Toys started doing it :lol

The fists, if I recall, are a softer material. So it's possible that's why. I'll have to dig mine out. But the body for iron man was intentionally changed after the mk6 becuase of the chance of the pink panties. Even the softer material (often called rubber but is more of a synth blend) was changed to try and prevent this from happening. And there's been little to no reports of it after the mk6, at least at ssc and hot toys.

The best thing to do to prevent any of the older pink issues, and maintain the rubber of other figures, is to keep it cool and dry(not super dry but low humidity). Below mid 80s temp wise. Anything over that can cause issues. Just a tip.

The photo looks cool though. Well done

I'm pretty sure the repulsor hands are made of something soft, the fingers are quite flexible - wouldn't surprise me if the fists are made of the same stuff, they feel like they are.

I actually had some of the styrofoam stuck onto my fists on the 43, I wonder if it's the sealer or the paint that's causing it.

I actually had some of the styrofoam stuck onto my fists on the 43, I wonder if it's the sealer or the paint that's causing it.

Could be either. They may have not been totally dry and set when it was packed.

And one of the issues is the shipping. From China to SSC they are on the cargo ship in a container and those can get pretty warm. That can cause the top coat and or paint to soften, and it's capable of starting that fade reaction.

There's always going to ba a 5-10% failure rate on any mass produced item. Sucks but it's not really avoidable.

If you look at those line up shots with Iron Patriot- it is clearly stretched too tall in the body/torso section- the new MK III is actually proportional to a real body fitting in there! Look at the two and the IP torso much too long/tall

If you look at those line up shots with Iron Patriot- it is clearly stretched too tall in the body/torso section- the new MK III is actually proportional to a real body fitting in there! Look at the two and the IP torso much too long/tall

I feel the same way as you. Maybe it's just my imagination.
The first iron man I bought was mark vi. I always felt past iron man not proportionate enough. despite many nitpicks on articulation of mark 3. I like his proportion the most followed by mark 42.
Right now he has no paint issue and I hope it will stay that way🍺

Back