MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Oh yes, 1/6 hot toys mk3 was duller when prototype was showed more than a year ago...
2. Satin finish IS THE KEY, not gloss, appart from the red shade of course.
3. Is curious that the pic you mention has a STRONG light source and not even with that light looks close. Lighter than all the rest of the pics, but not close. Is why i suggest you to calibrate your monitor.

Lets go with facts.

im by inigou, en Flickr

No mention to articulation an color...

Funny thing is I never noticed those "errors" until you pointed them out with the comparison. Even with that I still don't notice them if I were to look at the figure by itself.

To me, it is just nitpicking at its best. Even the Mark III armor used to illustrate its 'shortcomings' looks great to me. End of the day, be happy with what you have and enjoy the figure. If you don't like what you see, don't make the purchase. Hot Toys is not going to look here to try rectify because of your rants.

Is he resting against anything? I wouldn't want him to take a shelf dive on you or anything.

There is the TOMBO door in front of it, but he's being fully supported by the dynamic stand, it seems at this upturned angle, it's stable and secure since he's held up from the bottom at his waist.

There is the TOMBO door in front of it, but he's being fully supported by the dynamic stand, it seems at this upturned angle, it's stable and secure since he's held up from the bottom at his waist.

Oh, that's cool. If it were me, I'd be paranoid about putting something heavy on the base of that stand, just in case. :lol

Stable enough for a short photoshoot, unstable for long periods of display.

You might want to secure and tighten the top 'screw' of the dynamic stand, the part where u fix the waist clip. It is only a matter of time that it does an abrupt 180-degree swing downwards due to gravity, after which there is a high chance the clip gives way due to the weight of the diecast.

Stable enough for a short photoshoot. Not a solution for long periods of display.

You might want to secure and tighten the top 'screw' of the dynamic stand, the part where u fix the waist clip. It is only a matter of time that it does an abrupt 180-degree swing downwards due to gravity, after which there is a high chance the clip gives way due to the weight of the diecast.

Good point. :duff dee-dubs, don't forget to bring Mark III back down to Earth when you're done! :lol

It's been done before...

15%2B-%2B1

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I love it

Screw is tight (used real phillips from my kit, not the HT mini-driver), he survived one night so far. The way I positioned the pole/"wire" should support it since it can't bend past a certain point, and there are two points at which this happens. I've pushed him down from his back against the wire and its been holding sturdy without movement so I'm assuming the weight shouldn't be an issue so long as the clasp stays upright, but if it should bend, he should be going down feet first towards that end. He'll probably end up being in the kneel pose since this figure has the unique twisted torso feature, but the flight will probably be my switch-up every once in a while since the standing ones I've been having trouble with finding something that looks good other than the poster shot everyone's doing. I'll keep this experiment going to test it out for a couple more days while measuring the height constantly, in case other people want to do a flight pose in the future without strings or what not, but so far so good. :wink1:

I'm wondering when Hot Toys is going to make an Iron Man where the helmet looks big enough to fit a head?
Based on the proportions and these pics the helmet should be a half a size bigger. I mean it looks ok if you don't imagine half of his skull removed to fit inside it or if he should be robocop!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444396861.056906.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444396873.682660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444396882.584255.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444396890.004016.jpg

His head looks vacuum sealed in that thing!

That's fairly accurate to the practical suit, to keep the heroic proportions the helmets were made as small and tight as possible. The wearer's ears would be pushed right into those circles on the sides of the helmet.

The head has to be TIGHT - there is no way the armored head would be in proportion if a head would really be in it- in "real" life

The nitpicks on this figure and all HT IM armors is funny to me....doesn't bother me from loving them

The red color as usual... Also on salute hand of iron patriot, already turn pink

The red color "as usual"? Post pictures, becuase it's actually not usual. It's only happened on the mk3 (originals) and 4 and some 6. And only on the soft mid sections.

His head looks vacuum sealed in that thing!

As soon as the helmet is made larger on screen. If they made it large enough to actually function like the cgi helmet(and suit for that matter) it would not look anything like it does now. It's a design of the suit issue, not a failure of hot toys.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back