Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130723-091603.jpg

Eh.. looks cartoony.

They're going to ruin any chance of this film having some cred. :lol

It's a movie about talking mutant turtles. I swear ever since Nolan put his pretentious crap in the batman movies everyone wants every comic property to be dark and brooding . It's ok to have something unrealistic once in a while and if its cartoony then that's just fine. This movie should be a little cartoony.

Last edited:
It's a movie about talking mutant turtles. I swear ever since Nolan put his pretentious crap in the batman movies everyone wants every comic property to be dark and brooding . It's ok to have something unrealistic once in a while and if its cartoony then that's just fine. This movie should be a little cartoony.

I think they could've toned down the look a little .. all I'm saying.. :)

Unless these turtles are 300ft tall and fight and fly like Gamera...no thanks

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of superheroes and tmnt were my childhood heroes. It pisses me off that Michael Bay wants to change my childhood heroes. :gah:

i dont mind the set photos quite honestly. especially raph in the trenchcoat. but the casting on this thing is ridiculous.

dont like fox as april, dont like that dude as shredder, certainly dont like mos def as baxter....danny woodburn as splinter is interesting at the very best and its got whoopi goldberg in it. uggggggh.

maybe its crew behind this thats tainting the casting decisions in my eyes, but this will most assuredly be terrible. because i willing to be that the writing, dialogue, jokes and overall plot are going to be standard bay/liebesman trash.

Which is a great point because when people hate Transformers and criticize it they NEVER blame Spielberg. Ever.....

So to blame Bay for everything wrong with this movie is not really fair.

Speilberg has lost basically all his credibility. Everything he's been attached to has been so dry and predictable.

He no longer takes risks as a filmmaker.

Yeah I can't lie. I love the turtles a lot but it is difficult to get excited about this movie cast wise.

Also their shells look massive!! So big it looks like it would throw their centre of balance out.
How do they sneek around being that big your Manholes must be enormous over in the U.S. :lol
Anyway I hope they prove me incredibly wrong.

Last edited:
certainly dont like mos def as baxter....

First time I heard this! If this is true, I actually don't mind Mos Def as Baxter. Baxter was African American in the Mirage Comics, and changed for the 80's cartoon.

And I'm digging the Turtle Van personally.

Still cautiously optimistic this will all work...

*edit - Looks like the Mos Def casting is fake.

Last edited:
First time I heard this! If this is true, I actually don't mind Mos Def as Baxter. Baxter was African American in the Mirage Comics, and changed for the 80's cartoon.

And I'm digging the Turtle Van personally.

Still cautiously optimistic this will all work...

*edit - Looks like the Mos Def casting is fake.

is it? its on the imdb page...

i know baxter was black, but it just reminds me of when like dmx was getting roles. or miley cyrus. :cuckoo:

and maybe if this was being handled by anyone i even remotely had faith in, i could hang with it. nothing against mos def. i like him as an artist. and maybe he can jamie foxx it. who knows. but the judgement of the braintrust involved to bring him on board leaves me prepared for the worst if it is true. especially considering making the lone black actor the rap artist. i can only imagine the sterotypical jokes coming.

is it? its on the imdb page...

i know baxter was black, but it just reminds me of when like dmx was getting roles. or miley cyrus. :cuckoo:

and maybe if this was being handled by anyone i even remotely had faith in, i could hang with it. nothing against mos def. i like him as an artist. and maybe he can jamie foxx it. who knows. but the judgement of the braintrust involved to bring him on board leaves me prepared for the worst if it is true. especially considering making the lone black actor the rap artist. i can only imagine the sterotypical jokes coming.

The Mos Def 'casting' was started on NewsGeeksWant.com which is a fake news site. It's like the Onion only...geekier. Problem is, no one who reported it as news actually took the time to read the article. At the bottom there's a whole 'But will it happen?' paragraph where they say that is probably won't..since you know, they made it up. (that article is even linked as a reference on his Wiki page)

And Mos Def is actually a pretty damn decent actor who's been gaining lots of critical praise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mos_Def#Acting

:lecture

Back