Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on technodrome and sombody posted concept art of the turtles. They don't look bad but the armor is stupid and shredders mask looks good. I'll wait for the February trailer but after everything from all these rumors I'm on edge. Why make shredder a white buissman. Why don't these idiots realize that what made 90s tmnt so great was it's ties to cartoon and mirage which had a huge Japanese influence.

What gets me all the time is how the costumes hold up to this day. No equal has recreated how perfect the look of the turtles were in the 90 movie. The third movie pretty much took a **** on everything jim hensen created with the first film.

First film will always be my definitive ninja turtles look. Damn that movie was great.:clap

Nobody can say they DON'T hold up. I can still watch it and not have it in my head they're fake. Practical effects > CGI forever and ever.

And back to this POS film. When I first heard Shredder was White, I nearly lost my ****. Like why even ****ing bother?

There was a poll at the technodrome asking members their age and I found it interesting the majority was something like 27-30something. Most of the built in fanbase knows the 80s cartoon and comics. And with the current success of the Nick show most of today's kids also know a pretty faithful version of the Shredder/Splinter story.

I really have no idea who they're trying to appeal to with this "new" direction like white Splinter/Shredder. :dunno

To this day it's one of the most faithful comic adaptations ever. I loved how dark the first film was.

https://youtu.be/Nz5rx6o6Vt8
:exactly: :goodpost:

It was an almost perfect starting point for a potentially iconic live action series.

What gets me all the time is how the costumes hold up to this day. No equal has recreated how perfect the look of the turtles were in the 90 movie. The third movie pretty much took a **** on everything jim hensen created with the first film.

First film will always be my definitive ninja turtles look. Damn that movie was great.:clap
Yep. :cool:

Time & time again, these 'next Gen' imaginings show just how barren Hollywood is of anything new or ground breaking. That interview with the actor in the new film - what he said was less than reassuring. It just makes the whole thing sound worse now. :lol

We can add this one to the list of recent wtf redos. :monkey4

Nobody can say they DON'T hold up. I can still watch it and not have it in my head they're fake. Practical effects > CGI forever and ever.

And back to this POS film. When I first heard Shredder was White, I nearly lost my ****. Like why even ****ing bother?

At least they got a decent actor playing him.

Do we KNOW for a fact that he's cast as "The Shredder/ Oroku Saki"

Or did he get cast as "the Bad Guy" and people assume "the bad Guy " will be the shredder?

He's Shredder and there is no Oroku Saki. It's not a secret trick, he's simply Eric Sachs, a rich white version of Shredder which is why they say he hasn't been done like this before. He's a "gentlemen and diplomat" according to Fitchner... :cuckoo: This is confirmed by Fitchner, on set extras who witnessed Shredder being interviewed on tv by April, and by Will Arnett who plays a version of Vernon Fenwick, April's cameraman and was in a fight scene with Fitch/who he refers to a "Shredder and the foot".

As I pointed out Splinter is also white, and a midget which has many worried that if they are doing mocap, Splinter will also be a dwarf's size.

Yet Karai has been cast in this and is Japanese. :dunno

What's sad is both Fitchner and Arnett have no idea what they're talking about and it's painfully obvious.

They both say outright in recent interviews they never watched anything TMNT related, and yet they also both say you've never seen Turtles this "dark".

Bull****. Theres not gonna be blood or Turtles hacking off Foot Clan limbs in this one. Even the recent Nick Cartoon has massively bigger ***** than this movie so far. Nick did the entire Shredder murdered Splinter's wife and baby girl storyline only to reveal the baby is in fact Karai, alive and being raised by Shredder to kill Splinter, that's about as dark as TMNT gets.

Typical Bayism anyway using names you know on People/robots that don't resemble anything of the character you once loved.

So he's playing Oroku Saki.... As a white guy... are they planning extensive makeup?

no.

evil-laugh-gif-tumblr-23.gif

Back