Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
besides the jokes and the witty posts we make, I honestly think the rating will stay like that because of the haters alone.

People will vote this before even seeing it, and they will vote 1 even if they kind of liked it. Im not surprised

7AnwbEd.png

This.... :lecture
I've been saying this for a year now. :exactly:

Im happy someone else noticed it :clap

The first movie is at 45% on RT so...

TMNT will never be the critical darling. You could make the best version of the story, with the best FX, best fight choreography....and it would still be panned simply based off the fact it's giant turtles.

Nope. At it's core TMNT is a silly idea. YES, you can tell good stories based off a silly idea, but TMNT DOES have a stigma attached to it.

Apes is a good example of how to turn a campy franchise around BUT they also haven't exactly stayed true to what's come before it now has it. You can't do to TMNT what they've done with the Apes franchise.

Don't get me wrong, not saying a movie can't be told, but even a great one wouldn't gain the respect of the critics.

Apes taking over the world isn't silly at all.

TMNT has a fanbase attached. There's a reason the tv show is up for awards. That reason is neither Michael Bay nor Megan Fox.

Gary Oldman > Megan Fox

Some movie critics on youtube kinda liked the movie. That is more than enough to convince me to watch it this weekend. This movie might be good but the sequels could suck, same with the Transformers franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't really rely on critics. I've seen movies that people loved that I thought was a boring steaming pile of **** (oz the great and powerful) but I've also seen movies that I really enjoyed that people thought were terrible. If it looks interesting to me, I'll see it. I won't let critics opinions sway me. For good or bad.

Cinemeblend completely ripped this movie apart and gave it 1/5. Not to mention 38% on rotten tomatoes is pretty bad. I'm still gonna see it however. Worst case scenario, I never watch it again. I'll still have the nick cartoon to watch.

I don't really rely on critics. I've seen movies that people loved that I thought was a boring steaming pile of **** (oz the great and powerful) but I've also seen movies that I really enjoyed that people thought were terrible. If it looks interesting to me, I'll see it. I won't let critics opinions sway me. For good or bad.

Cinemeblend completely ripped this movie apart and gave it 1/5. Not to mention 38% on rotten tomatoes is pretty bad. I'm still gonna see it however. Worst case scenario, I never watch it again. I'll still have the nick cartoon to watch.

I also agree with you. Most critics will throw a lot of hate for this movie. But the fact that there are critics on youtube who are liking this movie, i'll give it a chance. 38% are just the critics rating. It got 78% audience rating at the moment which is not bad, it may still drop, though. It's still a matter of personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sounds like it's just genuinely fun. I think if you can get by some of the changes to their origin and what appear to be boring human characters, the Turtles themselves are in-tact.

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to this.

Hey remember a time when the turtles barely cleared 5 foot? These guys are giants.

Back