Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well im seeing the movie and so will half the internet "haters". People are saying its a fun ass movie and thats what a tmnt movie should be. Tmnt 90s didnt have a super deep plot but boy was it a fun watch and holds up to this day and that doesnt have a good score on RT so **** the critics.

Some movies you go watch despite critic opinions. Like a moth to a flame, i'm going to this regardless.

I recently bought the blu rays for the first 2 movies. The first one is still quite good, but that 2nd movie (which i liked more as a kid) hasen't aged well. 3rd is terrible like everyone knows, and i even thought that CGI 4th movie wasen't all that great either.

So.. meh, if the action is good, and the pace is fast, i can't see it being worse then Secret of the Ooze (where i draw the line of it being OK or terrible).

I don't get why everyone who's on board with this keeps having to defend the fact that you're excited about about seeing it and giving it a go, even to the point that people are now even mentioning that the original wasn't even that good. Every movie thread has it's haters (this thread has a lot more hate going on in it, and for the fans it has good reasons too have the hate).

If you're genuinely up for seeing this movie, stop trying to defend that fact that you are to the haters. It's feels like deep down you may know it will end up sucking anyway...

;)

I still find it hard to swallow that Shredder is essentially wearing a full suit of armor and is still incredibly agile. I hope they explain this.

I still find it hard to swallow that Shredder is essentially wearing a full suit of armor and is still incredibly agile. I hope they explain this.

Shredder is essentially wearing a mech suit which makes him incredibly agile.

BTW, I have confirmation that Cineplex up here have the Special Edition 3D glasses. $10 a pop.

*crappy googled pic*

Ninja-Turtles-3D-Glasses.jpg

I don't get why everyone who's on board with this keeps having to defend the fact that you're excited about about seeing it and giving it a go, even to the point that people are now even mentioning that the original wasn't even that good. Every movie thread has it's haters (this thread has a lot more hate going on in it, and for the fans it has good reasons too have the hate).

If you're genuinely up for seeing this movie, stop trying to defend that fact that you are to the haters. It's feels like deep down you may know it will end up sucking anyway...

;)

Same people in every thread that just cant deal with apparently everyone not sharing the exact same likes or dislikes. Puny ego, insecure, whatever it is, its like they come here to worry about what every other poster thinks rather than discuss the flick. :lol

;)

Because Dekard.

That's it, it's just because of him coming to cause trouble :rotfl:rotfl

I know some of the review are not positive, but I'm still going to watch it on Friday. I don't care. As long as the action is good and they get the personalities right, it should be ok. If I think it sucks, I will come here and say it sucks, but if I like it, then I will not be afraid to admit it :lol

I have to say this,

the original movie did not have a great plot, the plot was very basic.
Even the action wasn't any good, the reason we all love the movie is because of the turtles. If you took the same plot but made the movie with random humans instead of the turtles the movie would have flopped.

the people hating on this movie really are doing it out of the hate for Bay, and I get it, Transformers 4 was a piece of crap, I get that.
but when Transformers 1 came out I at least gave it a chance,

Back