Mezco new 15" Chucky Doll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anybody else received theirs? I got mine today and he only says two lines.
"Time to play" and "You know what they say, just can't keep a good guy down"
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I thought there were like 5 different phrases.

So has anybody else received theirs? I got mine today and he only says two lines.
"Time to play" and "You know what they say, just can't keep a good guy down"
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I thought there were like 5 different phrases.

Hi mate stupid question but have you opened it? Sometimes these talking Dolls are set on a Try Me setting and you have to take them out of the box to change the setting. It is to save battery life when they are on a shelf in a shop as customers will keep pressing it,it drives me mad at times in my shop with talking toys usually Ted.

Hi mate stupid question but have you opened it? Sometimes these talking Dolls are set on a Try Me setting and you have to take them out of the box to change the setting. It is to save battery life when they are on a shelf in a shop as customers will keep pressing it,it drives me mad at times in my shop with talking toys usually Ted.

Thanks for the reply. No I have not opened it. I wanted to keep this sealed. You may be right though. Hopefully this can be verified soon, as I'm holding out on sending back for a replacement. Hopefully others will chime in as well. I will feel around for a "try me" switch and report back. Thank you

*update* Yes. You were correct! I was able to find the switch without opening it. Now I just feel stupid. I was unaware of such a switch. Been forever since I have bought a talking figure. Thank you so much. Saves me the headache of returning it. Thanks again!

What else does he say? Mine comes Monday.
It's perfect for keeping in box. I may get another. I have two of the scarred version.

He also says
"Time to play."
"I hate kids…"
"You know what they say, you just can't keep a good guy down."
"Hi, I'm Chucky and I'm your friend to the end! Hidey ho! Ha, ha, ha!"
*maniacal laughter*
"Ade due damballa! Give me the power, I beg of you!"

The quality of the sound is really good too. Overall I'm really impressed with him

Where was the switch located? I don't plan to remove mine either.

It's on his back close to the sound button. You don't have to open it to get too it. I just noticed someone put a review up for it on YouTube today, in case you want to hear it talk. I love this figure and think Mezco is doing a great job with the Chucky line. I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany is next.

Oh sick I'm going to check it out.

A Tiffany would be great. Jacket and Wedding Dress variants plz

Update for UK collectors he is in stock on Monday/Tuesday in my shop so he should be hitting all your favourite shops and e-tailers from this Monday.

I sent mine back after seeing it in person. It really does look like the promotional pics, which is good - it just doesn't look quite like Chucky from the film (Any of them). You wouldn't think it'd be so hard to make a doll of a doll, but apparently it is. If they ever make one using Yagher's molds, I'll be all over it, but for now I just don't have the space for something 'close' to Chucky. :dunno

Yea.....Sideshows Chucky molds always looked off to me. Medicoms looked so much better. Not enough attention being applied to this license. Hopefully Mezco gives us a Lifesize version. I'm tired of seeing Spencers version. lol

I sent mine back after seeing it in person. It really does look like the promotional pics, which is good - it just doesn't look quite like Chucky from the film (Any of them). You wouldn't think it'd be so hard to make a doll of a doll, but apparently it is. If they ever make one using Yagher's molds, I'll be all over it, but for now I just don't have the space for something 'close' to Chucky. :dunno

I don't like Sideshow's Seed of Chucky, I REALLY like Mezco's Chucky though.

Cancelled my BBTS and ordered from EE instead. I got store credit but I saved $9.

One thing about Mezco is even though they are using the same sculpts as Sideshow, they're at least giving us the Yellow Box instead of some generic looking one. LOL
Just wish the talking one didn't have that Huge "I CAN TALK" on the front.
I don't like Sideshow's Seed of Chucky, I REALLY like Mezco's Chucky though.

Back