Mezco new 15" Chucky Doll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are very subtle differences but this doll looks way off to me. It's not terrible, but it's not the clean Chucky doll I've been hoping for.

It just looks like they stuck a new facesculpt on to an old Sideshow/Mezco body. The body of the actual Chucky doll is way different from that of these 15 inch figures. Just look at the skinny long neck and weirdly shaped body. It just pains me to see companies struggling to replicate the look of a Doll.

review_dreamchucky_3.jpg
8f05526186986a4db3c4ed39cbb74bf4.jpg

Why do these old 12" dolls from Dreamrush still look better?

I own that 12" Dreamrush evil chucky, best chucky replica hands down. The only Chucky I need until someone makes a 1:1 that matches that quality.

Here's mine, I display him bursting out of the box, looks really cool in person:

1264289_432189356895997_1957333881_o.jpg

---

Last edited:
Never been a fan of that face sulpt. I think Mezco did an excellent job of the CP2 "dumbfounded" good guy look.

Never been a fan of that face sulpt. I think Mezco did an excellent job of the CP2 "dumbfounded" good guy look.

It's not just the face sculpt that Mezco's lacking though. Look at how horrible those baggy clothes fit him. Same long arms and hands that can't hold anything. Look at that skinny neck (chucky has a fatter neck btw). Look at those same crappy molded shoes they keep recycling, and they aren't even the right color red.

That Mezco Chucky isn't even in the same league as the Dreamrush lol
chucky_goodguy01.gif

I normally don't like doing stuff like this, but I play around with the proportions in Photoshop just to see how the headsculpt would look with a decent body, I made sure to not touch the face at all, just the body proportions.

I like the headsculpt personally, just the Mezco body is weird... If they make something like this in 1:1 with a decent body, inside the yellow good guy box, I'd totally be down for one.

Mezco_Chucky_proportions_fix.png

----

It's the head sculpt that ruins this. If the HS was perfect and the body was off, I'd still buy it.

I normally don't like doing stuff like this, but I play around with the proportions in Photoshop just to see how the headsculpt would look with a decent body, I made sure to not touch the face at all, just the body proportions.

I like the headsculpt personally, just the Mezco body is weird... If they make something like this in 1:1 with a decent body, inside the yellow good guy box, I'd totally be down for one.

Mezco_Chucky_proportions_fix.png

----

Good changes :)

These Chucky Doll replicas/props are way more proportioned to the actual doll.
Childs-Play-2-Chucky-Prop-Screen-Used-Original-Good-Guy-Doll-3.jpg

chucky-doll.gif

IMG_0680.jpg

128.jpg

tumblr_n7fn8kOAYT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

kbCkfD.gif

tumblr_nz5dozS2RG1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Maybe we can just stuff his shoulders and he will look slightly better.... And his legs too.

Nice try Mezco, but no where close to the screen used doll. The wait continues for a Good Guy Doll.

Back when the original 1:1 came out from SSC, I didn't have much money. So I didn't get it. Sad for sure. Hoping that sales are good enough with Mezco that they keep going and that they give us a 1:1 Chucky. If they do, I'm all in.

I had no idea Mezco had made a talking Tiffany.

Was waiting at traffic lights and seen her in a shop front.

Crazy that you say that... I didn't know either and came across her at the mall yesterday. Of course being in a mall store the box was all beat up, but I was really impressed with her. Even the voices sound good because they're done by the actual actress Jennifer Tilly. Went home and ordered one.

Back