Metroid: Other M

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm keeping an open mind. At this point there have been enough of the traditional-styled as well as Prime-style games that a new, unconventional approach is welcome, in my book.

Anyway, some new vids:

A very cool Metroid: Other M retrospective backstory vid narrated by Samus herself
<object classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="https://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/439adeb9" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="https://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/439adeb9" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

New live-action trailer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_CZqO5Z5uxU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_CZqO5Z5uxU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I haven't played any video game except Mario Kart Wii in over a year but when I saw Metroid had gone back to the old-school 3rd person element, I had to get this. The $20 Amazon deal sealed the deal.

I haven't played any video game except Mario Kart Wii in over a year but when I saw Metroid had gone back to the old-school 3rd person element, I had to get this. The $20 Amazon deal sealed the deal.

Does this mean you never played the Prime series? Because those were some of the best games like ever created.:dunno

That vid recap + live action commercial were AWESOME! :hi5::yess::clap :rock

I havent been this excited for a game since... since... I cant even remember! :blissy

Does this mean you never played the Prime series? Because those were some of the best games like ever created.:dunno

Replaying Super Metroid in emulation about six years ago is my last Metroid experience.

I do not generally like first-person games. I prefer games like Zelda or Mario. I do realise this new Metroid has first-person element at times.

Replaying Super Metroid in emulation about six years ago is my last Metroid experience.

I do not generally like first-person games. I prefer games like Zelda or Mario. I do realise this new Metroid has first-person element at times.

Gasp. This makes me sad...If your a metroid fan you need to own all 3 prime games. You never even gave them a chance? A lot of people and fans weren't sure if retro could pull it off, but damn those games are some of the best I've played in the past 15 years.

I've played and loved ALL the Metroids, including the DS and VirtualBoy pinball ones. Other than the Resident Evil series, no other series has been this consistently good. Other M was a day 1 blind-buy the second it was announced, so all this great media is just extra icing. Aug 31 can't get here soon enough! :banana

I consider myself a Metroid fan but to be honest I never bought Prime 2 & 3 when they were originally released individually. It wasn't until very recently that Ive come to own them as part of the Trilogy set for Wii.

I do own practically all of the 2D games though, including the pinball game released a while back.

I'm looking forward to adding Other M to my collection. Too bad there isn't a Collector's edition of any sort.

I consider myself a Metroid fan but to be honest I never bought Prime 2 & 3 when they were originally released individually. It wasn't until very recently that Ive come to own them as part of the Trilogy set for Wii.

I do own practically all of the 2D games though, including the pinball game released a while back.

I'm looking forward to adding Other M to my collection. Too bad there isn't a Collector's edition of any sort.

yeah, Nintendo doesn't seem to play into that business much. :dunno

I'm a funny metroid fan being I never owned Super Metroid, just rented it once and didn't get very far. Many years while in highschool I picked it up from Gamestop when they still sold old games. And I've never even played the first one for the NES, granted I was 1 years old when it came out. Prime was the first full Metroid game I owned, and sat down and actually played start to finish. So to me Metroid is Prime.

All those fond memories people have the first few games, I really have none. Just a few for Super Metroid, but that's it.

I've played and loved ALL the Metroids, including the DS and VirtualBoy pinball ones. Other than the Resident Evil series, no other series has been this consistently good. Other M was a day 1 blind-buy the second it was announced, so all this great media is just extra icing. Aug 31 can't get here soon enough! :banana

Metroid Virtual Boy???

Yep! Galactic Pinball had a full blown official Metroid Pinball table in it. It was the precursor to the DS pinball one. It's one my favs on the ol' VB. :)

I don't own a Virtual Boy, but I wish I had that pinball game in my collection anyway. :lol

Yep! Galactic Pinball had a full blown official Metroid Pinball table in it. It was the precursor to the DS pinball one. It's one my favs on the ol' VB. :)

Ahh, I see. I just got myself a used VB a few months back, guess i'll have to pick this and wario land up. :lecture

I'll just sit it out hoping Nintendo ports all of the old VB games to the 3DS. I don't own any VB stuff, and I want to keep it that way. It's a slippery slope. I don't want to end up with a pile of impulsively-purchased Virtual Boy crap in my house. Granted, there are some good games on it, but I really don't need to spend money so frivolously, what with so many games coming out this fall...Like Metroid Other M!

I'll just sit it out hoping Nintendo ports all of the old VB games to the 3DS. I don't own any VB stuff, and I want to keep it that way. It's a slippery slope. I don't want to end up with a pile of impulsively-purchased Virtual Boy crap in my house. Granted, there are some good games on it, but I really don't need to spend money so frivolously, what with so many games coming out this fall...Like Metroid Other M!

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Virtual Boy ports are a given on the 3DS. Write that down!! :impatient:

Back