Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you defend it? I've been returning to Mother Base back and forth between missions.

Meanwhile I finally got Quiet to join me in the field. The game...just didn't even explain how to use her, and I had to google. Pathetic :ohbfrank:

You get an alarm that you got an invader on your iDroid and you go from there. I don't know how many times their awful server just boots me from even getting in to defend it.

never got one........

gonna assume it happened when I wasn't even playing

That happens, a lot. I hate when I get a security alert, and one of my supporters go to it before I did... and they end up failing.

wait, is it an audio alert too? Cause I remember hearing the alert a few times when I was doing random stuff, and had no alarm triggered

It's a sound, so it doesn't take you there immediately. You need to open the iDroid and go to the right section of the menus by pressing R1 or whatever it is on Xbox. Like where you go to select missions? It would be at the top.

why doesn't the game explain this stuff? It takes so long with everything else....

I don't think you get invaded much unless you invade other FOBs? Look under the tab Intruder in Fob Missions to see the last 10 people that invaded and it'll show the time and date as well.

Does anyone know what happens if you dispose of a nuke while someone's invading? I just got a nuke today after about 10 tries, go for my first defense.....and, yep......failed to create session. Got frustrated and just disposed of it lol. It says the player stole it, so I guess it creates a new one?

I don't think you get invaded much unless you invade other FOBs? Look under the tab Intruder in Fob Missions to see the last 10 people that invaded and it'll show the time and date as well.

Yeah, your own invasions do speed up the time frame between getting invaded.

Does anyone know what happens if you dispose of a nuke while someone's invading? I just got a nuke today after about 10 tries, go for my first defense.....and, yep......failed to create session. Got frustrated and just disposed of it lol. It says the player stole it, so I guess it creates a new one?

You had one nuke, and they stole it... but you started the process of disposing it? It probably duped.

Yeah I believe so, it's a good way to make the best situation of not loading to defend. I did screw up with that strategy today though, a player that stole nukes twice from me before, invaded my FOB twice today and it wouldn't let me defend, but he failed both attempts. I figured I should at least dispose of them because he get's to your nuke before you can deploy. I asked him a couple days ago how he was so fast, he sent me a picture showing he has disposed of 575 nukes lol.

^Same player just invaded again while I was going for my 2nd nuke on an easy FOB. He failed again surprisingly, now I have 2 nukes! Woohoo lol. Are the nukes going to be on the same Command platform beside each other?

Edit: Just saw that they are right beside each other. How does it work if you have 60, pturtle lol? Are they only on Command platforms?

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Yea they should be beside each other. I disarmed over 100 now actually. As soon as I steal a nuke I disarm, I've never actually had more than 3 at one time, but all 3 were on my base at the time.

I would love to see what it looks like if a base has like 10 nukes :lol

Lol when you said you had 60 I thought you meant at the same time. I've seen people with up to 16 at a time, maybe the limit at once? I have 4 currently, haven't played in 2 days and I'm really surprised I didn't lose them to first time retaliators lol. I love the extended blockade, I had no idea it increased with nukes. I haven't played since Sunday and my blockade is up for 3 more days. Also helps with the PF battles, I got in 2nd place without using any missiles.

Someone I played online said that each command platform holds up to 4, I'm going to find out if that's true if I can get another one without losing these haha.

I am just afraid to play it again after not playing for a bit...bases must be in shambles by now. :(

Nah, I doubt it. It seems if you don't play you don't get invaded really. My brother hasn't played in months and he has a ton of soldiers and materials. Actually just checked, he has the same amount of staff he had 13 days ago.

I never got into the online stuff. The tutorial kept crashing on me and this interrupting the regular game. Also the idea of someone jacking me when I'm not in game doesn't sound fun

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Lol when you said you had 60 I thought you meant at the same time. I've seen people with up to 16 at a time, maybe the limit at once? I have 4 currently, haven't played in 2 days and I'm really surprised I didn't lose them to first time retaliators lol. I love the extended blockade, I had no idea it increased with nukes. I haven't played since Sunday and my blockade is up for 3 more days. Also helps with the PF battles, I got in 2nd place without using any missiles.

Someone I played online said that each command platform holds up to 4, I'm going to find out if that's true if I can get another one without losing these haha.

Yea, FOB is the pretty much the ideal stealth experience. I just recently found out that in order to infiltrate someone's base and not cause a blockade you have to make sure you don't kill, steal, or damage anything.

The most nukes I had at one time were 3 only. Yesterday I infiltrated a guy's base that had 8 nukes on it, by the time I was able to get to his nukes he joined in and fultoned all his nukes so I didn't even get a chance to see what it looks like unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok, I have 7 currently and went to visit my FOB. It only holds 4 nukes per Command platform, so it looks like it's only possible to steal 4 which is good for me lol. I bet I'll lose them from 1st time retaliators though. If I keep them I should dominate the PF virtual battles, I have 360,000 offensive capability and 304,000 defensive capability right now lol.

Edit: Went for my 8th and got it, but someone stole 4 of mine in the process lol.

Back