Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, the story could have been better but the gameplay is really good. havent finished the game but accidentally read about the end.

I already know what happens, which is why i haven't bothered to finish it yet and why i've lost the enthusiasm to

I wouldn't stop there if i were you.I won't say too much,but things will make sense after you finish the story.

oh yes the gameplay is near perfect imo.I enjoy this more than any other stealth game ive played.Splinter Cell Blacklist comes second,but far from what MGS5 deliver.There is one thing i wish we would have the chance to do.Command D-Dog the same way you can command Quiet,if you want him to distract enemies when barking,it would be nice to have the option of sending the dog across the road or ask him to stay while you move to a different location,but he always stay on your ass so it helps little to use him as an distraction,or to be sure he attacks the enemies from behind so he doesnt get shot and extracted from the mission.

There's hasn't really been any spoiler content in here thankfully!

For me personally i love the game play but that's not backed up by anything else so, even the awesome game play fell flat with the repetitive side missions and poorly implemented pacing of the story.

The ending would have been a better fit if it wasn't the last game in the series.

Ah i see.I spent as little time as possible in MGS threads before the ending.There is no way i was having MGS ruined.

yeah and its a bit annoying when DD gets in your way, i tried to snipe a fool and DD got in the way and the bond with him went down a notch.

There's hasn't really been any spoiler content in here thankfully!

For me personally i love the game play but that's not backed up by anything else so, even the awesome game play fell flat with the repetitive side missions and poorly implemented pacing of the story.

The ending would have been a better fit if it wasn't the last game in the series.

The poor pacing in the story makes sense in the end,that's at least what i think.
Spoiler Spoiler:

But yes,not the ultimate ending a MGS fan want.

Yeah after knowing the ending, some of the main story issues were made plausible i do agree

The poor pacing in the story makes sense in the end,that's at least what i think.
Spoiler Spoiler:

But yes,not the ultimate ending a MGS fan want.

Definitely not the way to end it.As a stand alone game,the ending was cool and all,but yeah...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I took the first step and Ground Zeroes was delivered to my house today. Will give that a shot and then try to get TPP for cheap.

phantom pain is way better than ground zeroes so dont be put off by it and give TPP a chance in case you dont like GZ.

Whether MGSV's story is good or bad, I think one of the best things about MGS is that so many story points are ambiguous. It helps facilitate a lot of discussion among fans, and it's the reason why we're so passionate. That's the reason why other franchises like the Star Wars movies are so popular in my opinion. A lot of the depth comes from the amazing creativity, and the loose (write as I go) style of writing, which leaves a lot to the individual audience member's imagination.

I could not be bothered to read nearly 2000 pages but the game is bland being the same location and what not also i love doing side missions but they are basically all the same too , though i do love metal gears solid and MGS4 being the one i love the most im just getting bored of the phantom pain at the momment i just hope when i get to Africa it is better as i have spent over 20 hours on the game doing side missions only on mission 14 itself and expanding FOB.

its basically the same but instead of desert you get the jungle. that being said i do like the gameplay i just wish we would have gotten a better story along with the great gameplay.

I could not be bothered to read nearly 2000 pages but the game is bland being the same location and what not also i love doing side missions but they are basically all the same too , though i do love metal gears solid and MGS4 being the one i love the most im just getting bored of the phantom pain at the momment i just hope when i get to Africa it is better as i have spent over 20 hours on the game doing side missions only on mission 14 itself and expanding FOB.

This might be the most padded AAA game ever made, with the same monotonous missions over and over.

I'm putting a lot of hours into it, just building up my two FOBs. But once I get the Plat, it's going in a drawer forever.

Done mission 46. Im, im just going to say I enjoyed the skull fights and the first shalenthropus or whatever fight. Second one was real ****e. Will trade it in tomorrow along with Arkham Knight, the other AAA disappointment this year.

In terms of gameplay, Africa is no different than Afghanistan. The environment looks different with all of the bushes and trees. But, that's all there is. The game doesn't even make use of the forests. The pretty textured trees are just there so you can run through them and enter a base area. It doesn't even come close to the level of immersion from MGS 3. You can also run through a swamp like you would on normal ground, and Venom Snake doesn't even struggle to move through it, as Naked Snake did in MGS 3.

I hate how the indoor buildings are also significantly smaller than anything you can conceive from MGS 1 to 3. There are several large enemy base environments, but they're padded with very small buildings that don't even have a basement level, or a third floor.

On another note, I've had to re-evaluate what I previously said about MGS V having the "best" gameplay. It simply doesn't. The immersion suffers tremendously compared to previous titles in the series. The control mechanics have improved, but you're just using them on bland, lifeless environments.

It's funny, I remember when I first played Splinter Cell in 2004, I thought, "Wow, the controls for this are buttery smooth! Much smoother than MGS 2." But, guess what? After one day of playing it, I never touched it again. MGS offered a unique gaming experience, that just immerses you into its universe like no other series. However, with MGS V, it seems like Kojima had to strip this game of its MGS identity, in order to cater for two large open-world environments. It's nothing less than a watered-down MGS experience.

Last edited:
Yeah apart from the fact the game is simply a copy and paste platform with the same bland environment they could have added detail , like when crawling through the shrubs they actually move and flaten instead of you going through them , and steping over the bodies like you do in MGS4 , various locations would have been amazing or one location with city levels , forest levels , water levels and desert levels , im just dissapointed i spent £100.00 on the collectors edition , also lots of the same crappy dialouge and the fact that you capture soldiers with great A++ stats and you hear , your extracting him? And he dies not get added to your FOB base properly , just a big loud unenthusiastic MEH!

Back