Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

So far my only negative about TPP is the graphics, Ground Zeroes looked a lot better to me, but the gameplay is a 10/10 so far.

Sheesh for reals? GZ looked like ass with the playdough like textures and pop outs. Are they back?

True story, but I had some buddies last night and they came when I was playing GZ. Few minutes later I switched to Arkham Knight and the guys said "Wholly sheaat! Is that PS4 graphics? It looks night and day compared to GZ!" It took me a minute or two but I though yeah, they might be on to something.

Point it, GZ is nowhere near as pretty as I remembered it thanks to games like Arkham Knight and Driveclub. I was hoping TPP looks nicer.

Sheesh for reals? GZ looked like ass with the playdough like textures and pop outs. Are they back?

True story, but I had some buddies last night and they came when I was playing GZ. Few minutes later I switched to Arkham Knight and the guys said "Wholly sheaat! Is that PS4 graphics? It looks night and day compared to GZ!" It took me a minute or two but I though yeah, they might be on to something.

Point it, GZ is nowhere near as pretty as I remembered it thanks to games like Arkham Knight and Driveclub. I was hoping TPP looks nicer.

Got to say the visuals aren't all that. Framerate is pretty sturdy apart from when next to a waterfall.

Just from playing GZ, I'm pretty disappointed that the graphics from the new Fox engine, aren't up to par with many current-gen games. Traditionally, every MGS title has had the best graphics upon release. I think it was the editor from Jeuxvideo, who said that TPP shows its "cross-generational" roots (being that Project Ogre was being developed on PS3 prior to Phantom Pain).

As for Arkham Knight, even on PS4 it looks spectacular. And I'm saying this as a PC gamer. The game has amazing character models, textures, and the water detail is unbelievably good. It's quite possibly the best looking console game I've ever seen, and it truly shows off the level of detail that the PS4 is capable of rendering.

That being said, it's funny how Kojima never even made a Tweet about Arkham Knight, huh?

Got to say the visuals aren't all that. Framerate is pretty sturdy apart from when next to a waterfall.

At least the frame-rates are good. I'll pick it up for PC when it's on sale.

Got this via the PS Forums:

From Konami's Twitter:
Notice to all customers purchasing the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V:

The Phantom Pain: Please be aware, the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain code for DLC was not included within the physical package during manufacturing. This issue does not affect the Day One Edition product or any other platforms. All customers who purchase the PS4 Collector's Edition through the following retailers will automatically receive the DLC codes at the time of purchase on receipt or via email: Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, EB Games, Game Planet. For all other customers, voucher codes may be obtained by contacting KONAMI customer support at https://konami.parature.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp with proof of purchase.

That being said, it's funny how Kojima never even made a Tweet about Arkham Knight, huh?

It's unfortunate. I really love to hear Kojima's opinion on the Batmobile. Sure, it was overused but the core mechanics of the machine, the sense of speed and the absolute raw power you get is unrivaled in gaming. I have sneaking suspicion that Kojima would like to implement that in a MGS game, should he be privy to playing AK, with you controlling a mobile drone or something.

It's also pretty unfair to compare the graphics of AK with MGSV, but one still might be tempted to do so. On the surface, both games are open world stealth games. It's just that I can't find any bad textures on AK whilst that cliff 15 feet beyond me in GZ looks like putty. If anything, Kojima shouldn't be "depressed" by GTAV, he should take note of AK.

It's unfortunate. I really love to hear Kojima's opinion on the Batmobile. Sure, it was overused but the core mechanics of the machine, the sense of speed and the absolute raw power you get is unrivaled in gaming. I have sneaking suspicion that Kojima would like to implement that in a MGS game, should he be privy to playing AK, with you controlling a mobile drone or something.

It's also pretty unfair to compare the graphics of AK with MGSV, but one still might be tempted to do so. On the surface, both games are open world stealth games. It's just that I can't find any bad textures on AK whilst that cliff 15 feet beyond me in GZ looks like putty. If anything, Kojima shouldn't be "depressed" by GTAV, he should take note of AK.

The best way I can think of to describe the Batmobile is as a wild stallion. It's a rearing, powerful beast of a thing, but once you break it; once you grab the reigns and take control of your now trusty steed, you'll never find anything more majestic.

Last edited:
eed2ac697027b2b854cc45999d6a2781.jpg

Just got woke up by the postman

Your goddamned right it is

Worst thing is I can only play it for a couple of hours I have to go away for the weekend

I'd come to terms with the fact I was most likely getting it Tuesday, Monday at the very earliest so now it's here I'm not prepared :lol

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

you sons of bitches! I got my dispatch email late last night. Right now would be perfect since, to recive it since im busy from Tuesday on :gah:

Edit: never mind. V has come to!

Not sure if the puppy appears randomly or not, but if you hear barking just look around and catch it. It's so tiny. :lol

Back