Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Plisken nailed my other main problem with the PW, all of the characters outside of Kaz were pretty dull. Still though, I do take into consideration the platform it's on, I don't expect a psp Metal Gear to be on par with the console versions in anyway.

I liked Amanda, Zadornov, Dr. Strangelove, Paz (actually hated as a villain), Coldman and even Chico, dumb as he was.

Huey was Otacon, which I didn't care for and Cecile was literally pointless.

But that shows how good it is, when it's compared to all the main console titles being a PSP game.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

I liked Amanda, Zadornov, Dr. Strangelove, Paz (actually hated as a villain), Coldman and even Chico, dumb as he was.

Huey was Otacon, which I didn't care for and Cecile was literally pointless.

You know what I forgot about most of them, yea I actually liked Chico, he was annoying as ****, but that was intentional. Strangelove and Paz were probably my two favorite characters.

There was one of his art works (I think someone was crazy enough to post it in the collectibles thread), that had a woman squatting down and peeing in an old, balding man's mouth >___>

There was one of his art works (I think someone was crazy enough to post it in the collectibles thread), that had a woman squatting down and peeing in an old, balding man's mouth >___>

Oh that's nothing, ****er included a dildo in one of his last toys.

JJMiyu.JPG

I'm sure you'll love Rising. It's in the storyline canon, but it takes place years after MGS 4, so you can enjoy it as a standalone, too!

I love Ashley Wood's MGS work :lol. I don't care for his other pervy art, but his art style is pretty unique.

Well, that sounds good at least. How do the graphics compare to TLOUR? And... how's the difficulty compared to GZ?

How do the old games hold up in terms of gameplay? I'm mainly talking about Metal Gear Solid. Also, I read that Kojima wants to remake the original Metal Gear?

How do the old games hold up in terms of gameplay? I'm mainly talking about Metal Gear Solid. Also, I read that Kojima wants to remake the original Metal Gear?

The controls for MGS 1 are pretty archaic and might take some getting used to (it also makes use of an isometric, top-down perspective). MGS 2 has fixed camera angles (like MGS 1), but it actually works well for a lot of indoor scenes. MGS 3's controls (with the "Subsistence" version) are more up-to-date and feature a fully rotating camera. It might be worth noting, that you can't run and shoot at the same time with MGS 1 to 3. MGS 4 has the smoothest controls of all the games so far, and it feels like a modern third-person shooter. I'd say in terms of gameplay, each game feels like an evolution over the previous titles.

I think MGS1 controls are still perfect and simple.

Absolutely! But, I just think for someone who's planning to get into the series now, they might find it somewhat difficult to get used to.

JJMiyu.JPG

I bet one of his fanboys from the ThreeA board bought that and stuck it up their a**.

I can't disagree about the characters, they're completely irrelevant, most of them, but I liked the story.

And I loved Ashley Woods cutscenes.

Skipping based Wood's cutscenes.

eFTblUp.gif

inb4 it's not Yoji so puke.gif

Although if it was co-op I would've done it too :lol

The cutscenes were at least drawn better than MPO.

I think Plisken nailed my other main problem with the PW, all of the characters outside of Kaz were pretty dull. Still though, I do take into consideration the platform it's on, I don't expect a psp Metal Gear to be on par with the console versions in anyway.

But even MPO had characters that I didn't find so dismissive, like Python and Null (even though I found it silly to make Frank a ninja as a kid)

So far my only negative about TPP is the graphics, Ground Zeroes looked a lot better to me, but the gameplay is a 10/10 so far.

That popped up in a review I think. I like GZ graphics, but even that seemed too polished. Not saying they were bad, but seemed too artificial.

JJMiyu.JPG

8YlynL1.gif

I think MGS1 controls are still perfect and simple.

This. Perfect for what's needed, and doesn't give you an giant advantage over the game like you do in the later games... but the later games have a more realistic mechanic with the over the shoulder/FPV

Absolutely! But, I just think for someone who's planning to get into the series now, they might find it somewhat difficult to get used to.

I bet one of his fanboys from the ThreeA board bought that and stuck it up their a**.

You mean you don't want one of your figures wearing a shirt with a girl that has a yeast infection?

ViSKVyC.jpg

Well I can't cancel my LE from Gamestop since I stupidly waited too long... ugh. Hopefully they get it to me on the 1st, I did choose one day shipping.

Dude, even pturtle doesn't want to reply Peace Walker (but, I think his reasons were for the gameplay and level grinding) :lol. I enjoyed it for the gameplay, co-op and online - like I said a million times before. The gameplay was fun, but the storyline and regurgitated "Peace" theme was atrocious and patronizing.

I'm not sure what the story elements are for MGS V. But, if it has anything to do with the creation of the Patriot satellites (and nanomachines to suppress language and thought), I'm sure it will tie into MGS 2 and 4 in some way. It'll be disappointing if it doesn't, since this game is supposed to close the loop on the entire timeline.

I agree that for the Story to really mean something that its going to have to tie in with the creation of the patriots. The entire series was built and then molded around them and their effect/importance in the world of Metal Gear Solid. ***Spoiler*** Big Boss kills Zero at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 bringing to a close a history of bitter hatred and misrepresentation of the Boss's will that began decades earlier. As much as this game should be about Big Boss's descent into villainy and losing his ideals so should it be about the Patriots and their attempt to regulate and control society. I think one of the main themes of Metal Gear Solid is that these incredibly powerful men and women are at the end of the day pawns in a never ending cycle of war which the Patriots would likely have perpetuated for all time if not for the unbreakable will of a lone soldier.

Taken to the extreme... MGS3 got pretty weird, but it didn't go into the Japanese Hokeyness of PW... not even close. MGS3 is endearing, mainly due to the era it's set in.

The only tie ins with MGS1 this is going to have, is the force fed nods because Kojima can't do a MGS without reusing old assets over and over.
MGS 3 was weird...really was at times. But it does work, at times.
Dude, even pturtle doesn't want to reply Peace Walker (but, I think his reasons were for the gameplay and level grinding) :lol. I enjoyed it for the gameplay, co-op and online - like I said a million times before. The gameplay was fun, but the storyline and regurgitated "Peace" theme was atrocious and patronizing.
Among other things but yeah, this is my thoughts on PW. I still wish you, Ryan and I did co-op over Skype. :lol

Skipping based Wood's cutscenes.

eFTblUp.gif

inb4 it's not Yoji so puke.gif

Although if it was co-op I would've done it too :lol
Have to point this out, that seems like a gif a futanari would post :lol

Out of curiosity, would I be confused as **** if this was the first MGS game I played?

Hey Batfan, the answer is probably yes. Though I can't say for sure until I get game in hand.

I wonder if they'll ever do a complete collection or something. My problem is that I don't know how far back to go. Metal Gear Solid on PS1? The original Metal Gear from way back in the day? There's just too much!:lol

As Soludus said, the Legacy Collection is all you need. As for the order of the games you'd like to play, it will be:

1) MGS1 (Do check out the summary of the previous two games in the SPECIAL menu.)
2) MGS2
3) MGS3
4) MGS4
5) Piss Water
6) Ground Zeroes
7) MGSV

I'd say the series is damn well worth the money and investment. Despite some guys like myself giving the newer entries a hard time, the gameplay of the entire series has been nothing short of sublime.

When Ryan and I were doing the story and Extra Ops, we skipped all of the cutscenes.

Well, I don't like to self inflict torture to myself. :lol

Back