Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440779155.879994.jpg

Still can't believe it's here :lol

Feels like we've been waiting forever.

I've got an extra steam code for MGS V if anyone wants to trade for an Arkham Knight steam code. Can still get Arkham Knight codes from cdkeys site.

At face value it seems less advanced and less stable than Rex, Rex was awkwardly designed, but it moved way faster and had better weaponry, it was a freaking tank, Rex would rekt Inbred Rex no problem, but, what really distracts me is obviously the fact that the aesthetic is completely out of place and does look more "advanced", at least more stylized, and the sword, which got me thinking and it suddenly hit me...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I put it in spoiler tags just in case, it's just a theory it occurred to me last time I watched the trailer, it would certainly explain the weird aesthetic and sword.

In fact, It's the ONLY "logic" explanation :rotfl

About the whale, the Hook, Ishmael character and ALL MobyDick references (hallucinations or not) shown in the 2012 presentation and trailer, They have a much greater meaning than meets the eye...Same for 1984 references ( George Orwell Novel)

Skull face however, I believe that has a more simbolic /metaphorical meaning, instead an intentionally induced hallucinations

Last edited:
In fact, It's the ONLY "logic" explanation :rotfl

About the whale, the Hook, Ishmael character and ALL MobyDick references (hallucinations or not) shown in the 2012 presentation and trailer, They have a much greater meaning than meets the eye...Same for 1984 references ( George Orwell Novel)

Skull face however, I believe that has a more simbolic /metaphorical meaning, instead an intentionally induced hallucinations

I have to say, those allusions to Moby **** and 1984 add a true sense of literary art to this game. Never thought we'd be talking about Moby **** in a MGS game. I have to say that's pretty damn fine on Kojima's part.

It certainly sounds like it from the reviews :lol. The series was never welcoming to newcomers. I guess you could still get it, and enjoy it for the gameplay.

I wonder if they'll ever do a complete collection or something. My problem is that I don't know how far back to go. Metal Gear Solid on PS1? The original Metal Gear from way back in the day? There's just too much!:lol

If you want to be completely up to date, yes, you should play everything :lol I can see this game pulling continuity from at least MGS1, PW and MGS3.

Or you could just watch all you need to know in 5 minutes videos and hope for the best :lol

I wonder if they'll ever do a complete collection or something. My problem is that I don't know how far back to go. Metal Gear Solid on PS1? The original Metal Gear from way back in the day? There's just too much!:lol

If you want a firm understanding of the canon, you just need to play MGS 1 to 4. Four games, and they're fairly short. There's also Peace Walker (which was released before MGS V), but I'd recommend you watch a YouTube playthrough, of the ending instead - or, catch up with it on Wiki.

Let's put it this way, Peace Walker was arguably the best game on PSP, but Solidus and a couple others here have a hate boner for it :lol

I didn't play on console but it was definitely the best game I ever played for PSP hands down.

And it's probably way more relevant to the canon than MGS2 and MGS4 right now.

Huh. I'll probably play 'em all...maybe...someday.:lol I'm trying to figure out what to play after I've worn out Arkham Knight. This looks interesting and the gameplay looks great, buttered seems to be too much continuity to roll through right now, for a newbie like me. Lego Dimensions looked cool, but gotdamn, those little ****ers are expensive! As it stands, Mad Max looks interesting, as well, but I'll probably just rent that one. Nathan Drake collection, perhaps?

Let's put it this way, Peace Walker was arguably the best game on PSP, but Solidus and a couple others here have a hate boner for it :lol

I didn't play on console but it was definitely the best game I ever played for PSP hands down.

And it's probably way more relevant to the canon than MGS2 and MGS4 right now.

No one ever said it wasn't fun to play, but the "story" is ridiculous.

Back