Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest gripe with the AI in this game is that they seem to be telepathic.

MGS2 had it perfect, you see a guy, he see's you and he goes for his walkie talkie and if you take him down quietly before he manages to speak its all fine. In this game, ive cleared out 5/6 camp members, then ill trigger reflex mode on the 6th and somehow while he is in shock he has managed to get out a message informing them we are under attack.

They are psychic. I was playing episode 49 yesterday, and i got spotted, hid in a building. Exited the back of the building, crawled and crouch walked about 200 metres away to a completely new area (this took over 5 minutes), i stuck my head up out of cover and and theres bullets whizzing past me.

Completely accurate. Somehow the alert system has gotten worse. I also hate that the skulls just migrate to the area you are in no matter if they saw you or not too.

That's a strange ranking system, when you're not basing them on the same criteria.

I know I write too much sometimes, so I was trying to just rattle off some quick thoughts (I went back and wrote a bit more context if you were interested). If I was to break them down, I'd do a list like I did earlier in the week. My opinions have definitely changed since writing that.

I just finished the game, and I agree with pturtle about the cassette tapes. Unfortunately, the story-telling was dampered a bit for me from the Skullface episode on-wards. Many of the cassettes should have been cut scenes, since the audio is tuned out by others talking or cut off while in a mission. Plus they aren't much of an incentive to listen to when you're having to go back and forth to that menu in the middle of being timed to get a good rank. Cassettes should help build background for fans, and not have vital story points. I had to listen to them while doing nothing, which defeats the purpose of them. I love the cassettes, but that's just my complaint.

Having said that, I love the game, but Metal Gear Solid 3 is still my favorite game. I think I'd rank them MGS3, MGSV, and MGS for my top 3 favorite games of all time. They're very different games, so it's tough to compare.

MGS3- Favorite melding of story and gameplay, favorite boss battle line-up, and favorite character piece in a video game (MGS still has a better overall cast, but I like the relationship between Big Boss, The Boss, Eva, and Ocelot the best).

MGSV- The most enjoyable gameplay experience that I had in my life. I mentioned the Souls games being my previous favorite, but it's not even close to how much I enjoyed MGSV.) I want to rank it higher, but I have too many story issues to do so (Not that MGS3's story was by any means perfect). Plus it didn't have any emotional highs of MGS3 and MGS.

MGS- Favorite plot, music, and atmosphere in a video game. While I need story to be invested in a game, deeper gameplay mechanics help me get into a game more, and this game had one of the weakest of the series. They aren't bad, but when I play it, I only play segments of the game and end up watching parts of the youtube movie cuts with the gameplay segements I'm not fond of. I didn't want to write anything negative, but I guess I had to if anyone was confused why I'd rank the games the way I did.

Alright, spoiler time:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

My biggest gripe with the AI in this game is that they seem to be telepathic.

MGS2 had it perfect, you see a guy, he see's you and he goes for his walkie talkie and if you take him down quietly before he manages to speak its all fine. In this game, ive cleared out 5/6 camp members, then ill trigger reflex mode on the 6th and somehow while he is in shock he has managed to get out a message informing them we are under attack.

They are psychic. I was playing episode 49 yesterday, and i got spotted, hid in a building. Exited the back of the building, crawled and crouch walked about 200 metres away to a completely new area (this took over 5 minutes), i stuck my head up out of cover and and theres bullets whizzing past me.

Really? I haven't had any problems with it, if you run too much they can spot you from great distances, even more in day time if you don't mind the line of sight.

Also, there's always 2 communications between a soldier and CP when they spot someone, if they radio they saw/heard something and go look for, if they find nothing they'll call back and say that, if you take them out in-between they'll send more units to investigate and you'll get an alert status since CP didn't ge a confirmation callback.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What I wrote were my immediate thoughts right after completing it, so I didn't get a chance to digest it. I don't know how I'd rank it in the series, especially since I haven't played it after I finished the end cut scene, so that was very pre-mature. I completely agree with everything you said.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with the fast travel. I've collected delivery point invoices but when I go onto a platform equip and box and try the prompt i get a 'cannot comply' double beep. Don't get it

When is the courtesy period going to be over for spoilers in this thread? It's been over 2 weeks since a lot of us have had it and nearly 2 weeks since the official release and i dont want to be whispering and tip toeing around the actual meat of the discussion indefinitely.

yeah, i never read that thread and decided to and didnt realize that it was spoilered up. damn. should have came here first. i just defeated quiet and shes in motherbase now, thats as far as i got.

yeah, i never read that thread and decided to and didnt realize that it was spoilered up. damn. should have came here first. i just defeated quiet and shes in motherbase now, thats as far as i got.

Ugh, sorry man, I should've wrote a warning or something in that thread :slap. Yeah, there are spoilers there DON'T GO.

Just did a sublime Tank Squad elimination. Took out all but two guard with a suppressed sniper, snuck up on the remaining two and used one as a shield while I capped the other then knifed the shield guy. Set C4 on the Tank and used a gun emplacement to take out the chopper :rock

Haven't been able to put much time this weekend, cousin came to visit and she wanted to go out and catch up and stuff like that :gah::gah::gah:

Whole week of finishing work early to play TPP down the toilet :lol

anyone else bother with all the extra stuff you get after Mission 22.All that FOB,build another Mother Base etc?
Imo it's a bit too much for me.The tutorial kinda sucks too,so i don't know exactly what to do in all those FOB sections(missions,relationships etc)

anyone else bother with all the extra stuff you get after Mission 22.All that FOB,build another Mother Base etc?
Imo it's a bit too much for me.The tutorial kinda sucks too,so i don't know exactly what to do in all those FOB sections(missions,relationships etc)

The FOB stuff is just an extra online feature. It doesn't serve any purpose for the story, and you can ignore it all together (that's what I did). You can form friendly or hostile relationships with other players. I will check it out sometime, though.

Just did a sublime Tank Squad elimination. Took out all but two guard with a suppressed sniper, snuck up on the remaining two and used one as a shield while I capped the other then knifed the shield guy. Set C4 on the Tank and used a gun emplacement to take out the chopper :rock

I feel my compulsion to sneak and Fulton EVERYONE is limiting my fun with the game

Back