Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MGS4 is exactly why I'm not taking any of these early reviews seriously. MGS4 cleaned house with reviews like every other one of the series does, and MGS4 was awful.

MGS4 is exactly why I'm not taking any of these early reviews seriously. MGS4 cleaned house with reviews like every other one of the series does, and MGS4 was awful.
It really was...the only thing that game has is presentation, but even THEN, there's still problems.

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Well that was the best Metal Gear Saga trailer I've ever seen. Until it got ruined by that end. Which is spoilery so WARNING. Enter at your own risk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yea, that was image.

Everything in that trailer was great up until that second half :lol that was horrible

Well that was the best Metal Gear Saga trailer I've ever seen. Until it got ruined by that end. Which is spoilery so WARNING. Enter at your own risk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Worst thing ive seen in Metal Gear. Im normally a huge fan of everything MG and I even enjoyed peace walker with the singing mechs. But the end of that trailer was just horrible! It doesnt even look like it belongs in a metal gear game.
I'm going to hate this game, I can tell

Its going to take me until MGS6 comes out to be able to remember the Spelling for Sahren... the new Metal Gear. Why couldnt they call it Roy or something?

OMG... Inbred Gear! :slap.

Another possible spoiler from that trailer...

Spoiler Spoiler:

That was one of the worst trailers i've seen in awhile

That was definitely the worst trailer for the game so far, but still blows most other games trailers away.

Yeah, fan made is a great way to put it. Couldn't be anymore obvious Koji had nothing to do with it.

[/B]

Worst thing ive seen in Metal Gear. Im normally a huge fan of everything MG and I even enjoyed peace walker with the singing mechs. But the end of that trailer was just horrible! It doesnt even look like it belongs in a metal gear game.
I'm going to hate this game, I can tell

Do you guys remember the 20th Anniversary trailer from 2008? It had a MUCH better video montage than this one, about the history of MGS (the timeline of the canon was also rolling at the side). It also didn't have any spoilers, and it featured the instrumental version of Calling to the Night. Also, I love the slight subtlety in how the music became more "up-to-date" after each game was progressively being shown on screen.

I think that 20th anniversary trailer did a much better job at conveying what the series was about. It doesn't hurt that "Calling to the Night" is one of my favorite songs in general!

I didn't watch trailers back then, because all I only knew about games through word of mouth and friends' magazines, so I guess I can't really compare this trailer to the others. Don't you guys think that MGS3 trailer was pretty spoiler-heavy?

From what I can remember, the MGS 3 trailers (there were a few) were mostly focused on gameplay demos. I can't say I was really spoiled from the trailers. Then again, I may have missed a few (social media, YouTube, heck even the Internet were still pretty ancient back in 2004 :lol).

Y'know, when Sahrenthopus appeared a few days ago in the spoiler image a few people likened it to fitting in to Metal Gear Rising more than Solid. ( trailer talk regarding it )
Spoiler Spoiler:

Do you guys remember the 20th Anniversary trailer from 2008? It had a MUCH better video montage than this one, about the history of MGS (the timeline of the canon was also rolling at the side). It also didn't have any spoilers, and it featured the instrumental version of Calling to the Night. Also, I love the slight subtlety in how the music became more "up-to-date" after each game was progressively being shown on screen.

This trailer is great!

Y'know, when Sahrenthopus appeared a few days ago in the spoiler image a few people likened it to fitting in to Metal Gear Rising more than Solid. ( trailer talk regarding it )
Spoiler Spoiler:

It would be a pretty amazing boss for Rising. I guess that's why a lot of gamers say that the Japanese are far better at game mechanics, since they're willing to go in those crazy directions. I'm sure it will be great fun, but the reason I'm not really fond of anime is because from a story perspective, they're generally way too out there for me. Those elements were the ones that I really disliked about MGS4 and Peace Walker. Goku (Dragon Ball) and Big Boss are my two favorite fictional characters, so I don't hate Japanese culture if anyone is thinking that!

That was definitely the worst trailer for the game so far, but still blows most other games trailers away.

The worst was the one before this, the one that wasn't directed by Kojima, this one wasn't a bad trailer at all imo, just spoilery, very spoilery, but gave me many feels.

I'm quite surprised at how great Imbred Rex looks in motion, I thought it looked retardedly out of place in the 1st pic, but it doesn't look half bad in motion at all with the very mechanized walk, will wait to see the explanation behind it to pass judgment.

Also, the soundtrack seems to be fantastic, the scene where BB is facing Imbred Rex has some of the most exquisite music I've heard from a game.

OMG... Inbred Gear! :slap.

Another possible spoiler from that trailer...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw that coming a mile away, remember the Elegia trailer? There was one scene, where Skullface is behind BB, and when BB turns, SF isn't there.

I bet the big twist is that big boss isn't big boss and Ryan and the decoy theorists turned out to be right.

The trailer wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the new trailer montage was more to hype up the new Metal Gear, so I don't see any reason why it would really need to cover extensive material in the timeline aside from the other Metal Gear's.

Back