Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they based it on fanart or something... it might be a nice figure. But I'm not just going to take it in stride all this tech that shouldn't belong.

It looks like they based it on fanart or something... it might be a nice figure. But I'm not just going to take it in stride all this tech that shouldn't belong.

I haven't seen MGS fanart with robots walking on two legs with a massive erection before.. :monkey3

I haven't seen MGS fanart with robots walking on two legs with a massive erection before.. :monkey3

OzVOfOU.gif

I understand having Metal Gear walk, but why straight up? It's too humanized to be taken seriously. I know this is fiction and all, but I can't comprehend these extremely elaborate and high tech mechs existing before the 1990's in the MG-verse.

Even if MG1-2 were remade and the designs of TX55 and D were retconned... it still leaves REX & RAY with their thumbs up their ass, being obsolete compared to the **** in PW and V.

The other issue is TPP is trying to be really serious compared to the other games, despite all the weird, silly common **** Kojima has plastered in, and even some of the more bizarre ones in this game. So having a humanized Metal Gear like that is just...surreal in TPP.

The other issue is TPP is trying to be really serious compared to the other games, despite all the weird, silly common **** Kojima has plastered in, and even some of the more bizarre ones in this game. So having a humanized Metal Gear like that is just...surreal in TPP.

It almost seems like they're focusing too much on Big Boss's plight, instead of a larger scope like how 1-3 were built... yet he doesn't talk much? Pretty ridiculous when it's supposed to be a very Big Boss driven game.

That was definitely the worst trailer for the game so far, but still blows most other games trailers away.

I quite liked all the other trailers but this one just didn't do anything for me or the game

The intro with the other games just reminds me of one of those fan made trailers that they make and whack on youtube

For anyone that has not seen the new trailer and doesn't want spoilers, do yourselves a favor and do not watch it. It's the worst trailer that I've seen from the series, so you are not missing anything. The first half you can watch, but it just seems like a sloppily put-together fan-man tribute to the series. I do love watching AMV's from fans, but unfortunately, this wasn't a good one in my opinion. The "Nuclear" trailer is probably my favorite from the series, so I'd advise you to just watch that again if you're itching for a MGSV trailer (unless you don't like the song, of course).

It almost seems like they're focusing too much on Big Boss's plight, instead of a larger scope like how 1-3 were built... yet he doesn't talk much? Pretty ridiculous when it's supposed to be a very Big Boss driven game.
Pretty much this, I don't understand it either. Big Boss's games also always seem more personalized compared to Snake's, with MGS 3 giving some focus on a larger plot but also on his struggle with The Boss, his mentor. PW had that peace crap and then the bastardization of The Boss and Big Boss taking it too personal or something. Compare that with MGS 1, which was only personal because Snake met his brother in the second half of the game but even then, the plot was still clear in us stopping Metal Gear, and MGS 2 where it was about seeing the legend from Raiden's perspective but only personal for Raiden himself, and 4 which was just Snake as a crotchety old fart.

Pretty much this, I don't understand it either. Big Boss's games also always seem more personalized compared to Snake's, with MGS 3 giving some focus on a larger plot but also on his struggle with The Boss, his mentor. PW had that peace crap and then the bastardization of The Boss and Big Boss taking it too personal or something. Compare that with MGS 1, which was only personal because Snake met his brother in the second half of the game but even then, the plot was still clear in us stopping Metal Gear, and MGS 2 where it was about seeing the legend from Raiden's perspective but only personal for Raiden himself, and 4 which was just Snake as a crotchety old fart.

Snake was basically a bystander in MGS4...

Back