Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop rambling, Ryan! Gawwd. Too many words.

But I'm brimming with ideas! Kind of.

homer-simpson-open-brain-210x287.jpg

Thanks for the list. You can go more specific if you want (or have time). I could say atmosphere, openings, music, gameplay, online, and story for pretty much all of them!

I was going to post this earlier last year, but I figured you guys probably saw it. If you haven't, or you're a new fan lurking on this thread (Yeah, I'm talking to you! Just kidding!), you might enjoy this:

I have no problems with Anime tropes. Heaven knows MGS1 was full of them. My problem is when they break the immersion. The cardboard box for instance. In MGS1 it was actually a plausible tactic. Now you have soldiers literally fooled by a cardboard cutout of a bikini clad chick on a box. Thats just ******** fan service. You can't pretend you're making a dark serious game about the nature of war and human condition one second, then have a female sniper wearing nylon stockings and a bikini the next. It's breaks the immersion. Small doses done the right way can come off as cool, even clever. I enjoyed the Psycho mantis "puzzle" with the second control port even though it broke the 4th wall. It still worked tonally with the game. This new stuff so far is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Also... that dog is wearing a friggin eye patch.

Also I got MGS:GZ for 20 and I feel like the content within is well worth that price. Should have shipped for that amount day one.

:goodpost: :clap

This basically amounts to why I wish Kojima dropped out of Metal Gear years ago like he said he was going to. Thanks to all the jerks and their "death threats", he's back and will never leave.

He's become the George Lucas of the video game world. :cuckoo:

Ryan, you left out Raiden's amazing stunts in MGS 4, surprising. Unless his emoness (justified honestly at times). For PW, I love how you listed the online twice :lol I'd say...you know what, I can't actually find a 5. PW has some annoying missions imo (locate a bird. WHAT) and...well maybe Fulton Recovery or the general hilarity of it all. MGS2 I agree with, 3 as well but I would put in Ocelot's scenes and maybe a few of The Boss's, maybe some regular boss fights (bar The Pain) and MGS1, oh totally. :hi5:

MGR, I would rep the hell out of your post for :lecture

Stop rambling, Ryan! Gawwd. Too many words.
Use nanomachines, the rambling won't be a problem.

Time paradox!
That reminds me, I'm playing MGS 3 HD for the first time and that's the first thing I'm gonna do when I meet Ocelot :lol I've been screwing around so much with the AI and ****, it's fun.

The main problem is Kojima teases us way too early! Look at the incredible P.T demo. That game isnt even in development yet..

Also this being the biggest game KojiPro ever made with this absolutely massive openworld game is another challenge in itself. I honestly though this game would be out by now, from the initial announcement

I think the biggest tease so far was GZ. It's almost a year since it was released, and there has been no word at all on TPP (except for some stupid announcement about "chicken hats" back in December).

Considering that the development of the Fox Engine started since 2010, TPP should have been released a long time ago. I was expecting it last June :lol.

Kojima is clearly delaying the game to think about some sort of insane plot twist to throw in :lol Or he's trying to find more motifs. Or more Solid Snake throw-ins to make the character less significant. or he's distracted by Quiet (Her actress at least)

I think the biggest tease so far was GZ. It's almost a year since it was released, and there has been no word at all on TPP (except for some stupid announcement about "chicken hats" back in December).

Considering that the development of the Fox Engine started since 2010, TPP should have been released a long time ago. I was expecting it last June :lol.

I'm still so glad we got Ground Zeroes. If I hadn't played any MGSV by now I would be going nuts and getting really mad. If we had more PS4 games maybe it would've have been as bad

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

This year looks like a great year for gaming. A ton of 3rd party games and Sony exclusives to hold us off, I just hope they don’t get delayed.

Batman Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, and TPP releasing in the same year is just too much greatness for this gamer :lol

Last edited:

You can't rush Nolanism, I mean Kojima's grand scheme.

This year looks like a great year for gaming. A ton of 3rd party games and song exclusives to hold us off, I just hope they don’t get delayed.

Batman Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, and TPP releasing in the same year is just too much greatness for this gamer :lol

Uncharted 4 and Batman are my two top games I just can't wait. I'll probably lock myself in the room and just play those for days. TPP looks like an AMAZING game too, but it's the bloated canon that bothers me. I really wish there's something more to it beyond what we're seeing and IMO that would be a twist in which you're just a decoy in Big Boss's/Zero's plans. Boom.

I was reading up on Hideki Kamiya, who brought us sublime games such as Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Okami, Veitiful Joe, Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101- all critically successful games but never had him being involved in any of its' sequels. The reasoning was that it would bog down his ability to do other new games and IPs with fresh ideas.

Kojima has stated many times that he would like to move on from Metal Gear but he just can't because of Konami. He's a truly brilliant man, but his skills as a storyteller has been hampered ever since MGS4 onwards. I just hope if MGSV turns out yet another bloated entry in the saga, he'll consider stepping down and have the series end for good.

I can't tell you guy how many of my friends and relatives who came over and wanting to see the power of the PS4 so I showed them Ground Zeroes, and on all occasions, they ALL responded with "wait, wasn't MGS4 the last one?". Even non fans knew the hype at the time of MGS4 being the last hurrah, the epic send off for Snake. As impressive as MGSV is visually to them, they all asked me when is MGS6. :lol

Remember, Kojima teased the FOX Engine being used for Project Ogre, a game that would be highly controversial and dealing with taboo subjects in which he insisted that would not be another MGS. He even got mad once when people started speculating the Ogre was MGS. Somewhere along the way, Konami must have forced their hands and not allow Kojima to make such a game unless it's tied to an existing successful IP, something again, Kojima has admitted recently.

Last edited:
Nah, project Ogre was MGSV the whole time, I don't trust Kojima "denying" it back then, I mean c'mon...

777807-MCDIU36.jpg

The dog in the diamond dogs logo

20121219538_1.jpg

The whole ogre=demon thing...

I bet he was just pissed back then cause people figured it out way too soon :lol

The same with the whole Moby **** thing, which people figured out like 5 minutes after the trailer came out :lol

He was going out of his way to deceive people from this game's existence, unsuccessfully.

Back