Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paz and Chico's suffering meant nothing to me, as I had no emotional connection to them, whatsoever :lol. They were characters who were briefly introduced in the last game (a portable one at that, which many still haven't played), and their deaths were purely along the lines of shock value, without any sort of redeeming qualities behind it. And yes, it was shocking. But in the end, I never cared about those two; not even enough to feel some sort of animosity against Skull Face. However, I had the impression that he and Paz had a history together, and she knew what to expect from her torture.

TLOU was a far more worthwhile experience than Ground Zeroes :lol. Can't speak for everyone, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. It also had a very steep learning curve, especially on higher difficulties.

Repped.

@Solidus Wow! That's cold! I'm just kidding. I should have said "motive to take her down," rather than be angry at her. I don't care who they were, anyone who goes through torture like that, I have sympathy for. They just do a good job of absorbing me into this world, I guess. It didn't feel like it was done for pure shock value, and it didn't cross the line for me. I respect everyone's opinion though.

I'm just pretty sick of the Post Apocalyptic stuff. It's funny, but Ground Zeroes made me optimistic. Sure bad stuff will go down, but we're going to take the bad guys down, and in the end, Solid Snake saves the day, so it all works out in the end! Unfortunately, that's not how it goes in the real world, so I try to enjoy it where I can!

We don’t know if Chico is dead, in fact I think he’ll probably have a major role in TPP since he would be the perfect character to fit the theme of revenge Kojima is going for.

I agree with Bane, anyone goes through torture like that, whether I know them or not it would instantly bother me. It’s like hearing all that crap that happens to people on the news, it still has some sort of affect on us because we can relate them as human beings.

I had a few friends that bought GZ (due to the drought of games on PS4) after never playing a MGS game and even they can’t wait to kill Skull Face in TPP. Harming a woman or child is probably the worst thing a man can do, so whether most players know or even like Chico or Paz, I would hope after everything that happened to them would still have some sort of affect on players.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I have spoke with friends who aren't big time into MGS but have played a few and others who just watched or got into the series recently say the tone of the game was totally unnecessary, over the top and that it didn't really work in a game format.

Those who had played MGS before said especially not for a MGS game, and that it didn't feel right in the way it was done poorly

Chico's death and overall suffering did hit me a little, I mean, he was an annoying kid but he cared for BB and looked up to him.

As for Paz, It wasn't traumatic, but it didn't need to be, it needed to be shocking, it needed to set up exactly how twisted Skull face is, and it succeeded in that, that's it's redeeming quality imo.

Yeah, the tone is unnecessary, any change for that matter is unnecessary, making the franchise in the 1st place is unnecessary.

At least for what it's worth, GZ was a beta test for the TPP, Kojima changed the tone variations anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

On the contrary, I have spoke with friends who aren't big time into MGS but have played a few and others who just watched or got into the series recently say the tone of the game was totally unnecessary, over the top and that it didn't really work in a game format.

Those who had played MGS before said especially not for a MGS game, and that it didn't feel right in the way it was done poorly

I guess thats why the fan base is so divided on MGSV. Hopefully TPP finds a way to please everyone.

Last edited:
Chico's death and overall suffering did hit me a little, I mean, he was an annoying kid but he cared for BB and looked up to him.

As for Paz, It wasn't traumatic, but it didn't need to be, it needed to be shocking, it needed to set up exactly how twisted Skull face is, and it succeeded in that, that's it's redeeming quality imo.

Yeah, the tone is unnecessary, any change for that matter is unnecessary, making the franchise in the 1st place is unnecessary.

At least for what it's worth, GZ was a beta test for the TPP, Kojima changed the tone variations anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I don’t think Chico is dead, everyone else seems to have made it out of that helicopter crash alive. I could be wrong though.

lol they aren't even my comments! I haven't played the game yet so no need to get butt hurt

Not everyone does/will like it - I know you can't handle the game being criticised outside of your opinion of it, it upsets you

Besides the point I'm actually looking forward to BB going bad if that's what we get. Will keep it in canon to the originals which is something I care about

lol they aren't even my comments! I haven't played the game yet so no need to get butt hurt

Not everyone does/will like it - I know you can't handle the game being criticised outside of your opinion of it, it upsets you

Besides the point I'm actually looking forward to BB going bad if that's what we get. Will keep it in canon to the originals which is something I care about

Lol Where do you take I'm upset out of that? I'm not.

I was just saying I don't understand when that "it's not necessary" line is being used when change occurs, art is useless itself, as in having no practical value, so the very existence of the things we love is unnecessary.

Zen moment over :lol

I'm zen man!

not to pre-long this but you answered your own question really, you don't understand and that somehow bothers you on a level. Enough to pass comment on not getting it

Well maybe it's the condescending tone that you use just because somebody thinks differently to you, in this case that it was unnecessary, therefore surely everything else is unnecessary and therefore any point or own personal preference outside of that is invalid/wrong :dunno

It was an opinion of the tone from people who aren't on here like we are, just normal players perspectives who maybe don't know the ins and outs of the franchise who are playing on face value alone

Well maybe it's the condescending tone that you use just because somebody thinks differently to you, in this case that it was unnecessary, therefore surely everything else is unnecessary and therefore any point or own personal preference outside of that is invalid/wrong :dunno
??? :rotfl what? In what moment did I use a condescending tone? Buddy you're a little nervous, you're seeing ghosts.

It was an opinion of the tone from people who aren't on here like we are, just normal players perspectives who maybe don't know the ins and outs of the franchise who are playing on face value alone
I literally made no comment in favor or against those opinions, literally.

Geez.

Is that not in reply to my post?

Do we really need to go through this, it's in black and white above

Yes that's a reply to your post, and contrary to what you think, it's not sarcasm nor condescension, and it contains no rebuttal nor expression of disapproval to your buddies opinions.

No we don't, but you clearly want to start another argument based on nothing.

I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, I have no need to argue with you. You're the one that passed comment on what I was saying

Last edited:
Great then, but I don't see what made you think I was being an ******* :lol

Sometimes I post agreeing or disagreeing with previously established conversational points without quoting specifics, it's not uncommon.

Yeah the tone change was unnecessary, the tone change in PW was also unnecessary, making the franchise in the 1st place was unnecessary, most changes are unnecessary but the medium (and other art mediums) wouldn't evolve without said changes.

For instance, Kojima got the feedback about the tone, I myself have said that I liked the tone but if GZ was longer, the tone would have bored me, so now Kojima is changing the tone variations for TPP adding the humor that we were missing so much, hopefully it will help his new dark tonalities feel more balanced with a little humor.

I wanna go to a place where I can say
That I'm all right and I'm staying there with you
I wanna know if there could be anyway
That there's no fight, and I'm safe and sound with you

I wanna go to a place where I can say
That I'm all right and I'm staying there with you
I wanna know if there could be anyway
That there's no fight, and I'm safe and sound with you

And everytime I look, I thought you were there,
But it was just my imagination
I don't see it anymore cause I see thru you now

And everytime I look, I thought you were there,