Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how the Peace Walker render actually showed an older-looking character compared to now.

Big_Boss_PW.jpg

But, I think Kiefer's motion capture has a lot to do with the recent changes in the MGS V render of Big Boss's face :lol :slap.

CKLwFKm.gif

I have to say, it's not that I prefer the Peace Walker one at all, as it looked much too "Asian" for my liking. I think both of the renders in PW and MGS V are horrible, and deviate too greatly from the one in MGS 3.

And look enough like Solid to be related, but not exactly the same so they aren't distinguishable as individual characters

That's one thing PW did right, even if I don't care for the end result

MGS 3 BB looks just like an anime character with a mullet and beard, GZ Big Boss, looks like a boss :rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
MGS 3 BB looks just like an anime character with a mullet and beard, GZ Big Boss, looks like a boss :rock

That's of how I've always felt. Every time they redo Big Boss' for modern games they just make him look more and more like a real person. Same with the hot toys BB. It confuses me whenever I hear people ***** about how modern versions don't look like MGS3 Snake.

That's of how I've always felt. Every time they redo Big Boss' for modern games they just make him look more and more like a real person. Same with the hot toys BB. It confuses me whenever I hear people ***** about how modern versions don't look like MGS3 Snake.

Usually it has to do with nostalgic reasons, their bias can’t let them see how bad ass he looks now

metal_gear_solid_5_phantom_pain_trailer_t.jpg

Hot Toys better tackle MGSV figures!

Have you seen Elvis' punished snake? It's pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yea, I think you showed me in this thread a little while ago, that thing looks amazing. I would sell my girlfriend just to hold it :lol

...I desided to pass on HT Raiden for the lack of accessories, they better give a good amout of weapons to Big Boss (I'll buy him no matter what though)

I canceled my preorder, I have a feeling I’ll find a much better deal, no way would I be dishing that kind of money for that figure, especially when they could have added so many more accessories. The figure does looks awesome though.

By the way, my grail figure would be Big Boss with the Diamond Dogs jacket, bundled with a motorcycle, he looks way too badass lighting his cigar from his robotic hand. I hope the Diamond Dogs song makes it way into TPP.

This has me excited!!!!

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/04/metal-gear-solid-uncharted-movie-update.html

Metal Gear fans can breathe a sigh of relief this morning because the movie that has been in limbo for a few years now is still happening. Or so says producer Avi Arad. In an exclusive interview with Den of Geek while promoting his latest flick The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Arad states that the ball has officially began rolling on the Metal Gear Solid movie:

“Believe it or not, after a decade, we are now literally starting to develop the script, the director. It took a long time to close this deal. It’s now done, finished, the vision is in place.”

While this is certainly a step in the right direction Arad was careful not to mention any names that may be linked with the project. He didn’t give up any writers or the director that is currently in place, so expect plenty of rumours coming our way very soon. The producer also hinted that the Uncharted movie is almost ready to get the green light:

“Uncharted has a great script, has an excellent director…And we have really high hopes. It’s fun feel, quite intelligent. So that’s going very well. To give you production dates I can’t, but we when we come back we’ll settle some of the issues

Presumably once the sizzle of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 dies down we will hear more news about these two upcoming exciting projects.

Yea, I think you showed me in this thread a little while ago, that thing looks amazing. I would sell my girlfriend just to hold it :lol

I canceled my preorder, I have a feeling I’ll find a much better deal, no way would I be dishing that kind of money for that figure, especially when they could have added so many more accessories. The figure does looks awesome though.

By the way, my grail figure would be Big Boss with the Diamond Dogs jacket, bundled with a motorcycle, he looks way too badass lighting his cigar from his robotic hand. I hope the Diamond Dogs song makes it way into TPP.

Didn't you use all your points to make it free? I know SSC doesn't refund RP.......

Didn't you use all your points to make it free? I know SSC doesn't refund RP.......

I had to beg for them back, never knew thats how it worked, they gave it back because it’s the first time I ever did anything like that, and I told them I was using my points on another figure. Ended up switching it to the Captain America/Steve Rogers bundle which is a much better deal.

Plus with the HT version you can't achieve dynamic poses :dunno

I want Big Boss with a couple of outfits, desert tiger as default, maybe a trench coat and the diamond dogs jacket aswell a few heardscupls (mullet/pony tail) a couple of cigars and the Boss's bandana.

Not sure what my Grail figure would be yet :lol

Last edited:
Plus with the HT version you can't achieve dinamic poses :dunno

I want Big Boss with a couple of outfits, desert tiger as default, maybe a trench coat and the diamond dogs jacket aswell a few heardscupls (mullet/pony tail) a couple of cigars and the Boss's bandana.

Not sure what my Grail figure would be yet :lol

That sounds like a DX Big Boss haha

The Cap bundle was just way too good of a deal, especially with my points. It's actually my first figure from the Marvel Cinematic universe. I also got the Mark 42 Iron Man paid off, but I'm not sure if I'm selling that one.

stupid HT they'll never do a DX vgm figure :pfft:

but... there is a chance, HT always surprises me

Steve and Shield cap? po'd them a few weeks ago a bit expensive imho but oh well like I care about money :lol
Where is thet MK XLII? will it ever arrive? my hype for that figure is totally dead I might end up selling it as soon as I get it... :rotfl

That's of how I've always felt. Every time they redo Big Boss' for modern games they just make him look more and more like a real person. Same with the hot toys BB.It confuses me whenever I hear people ***** about how modern versions don't look like MGS3 Snake.

Why the confusion? If you've been following the Hot Toys releases, you'd know that it's a general problem that many of their figures don't accurately represent the characters that are portrayed. It has been a huge problem with a few of their Terminator figures, their Heath Ledger figures, figures from the Avengers line, etc, etc, etc. That said, it was the same, exact issue with the Naked Snake and Boss figures, where the head-sculpts weren't accurate representations of the in-game character models. And considering that these are expensive, luxury figures that cost in upwards of over $200, is it that wrong for collectors to expect a certain degree of perfection? :dunno

I'd say that the MGS 3 facial model of Big Boss was the most original representation of him. The Peace Walker rendition looks very old (somewhat Asian) and his entire face is shaped very similarly to Old Snake's. In addition, Big Boss's facial structure from Ground Zeroes has taken nuanced cues from Kiefer Sutherland due to his work in motion capturing Big Boss's face.

That said, my preference to the MGS 3 character model has nothing to do with nostalgia, as much as staying true to a rendition of Big Boss that was original, and that was done right the first time it was implemented.

...I desided to pass on HT Raiden for the lack of accessories, they better give a good amout of weapons to Big Boss (I'll buy him no matter what though)

Hmm... well, I think if Hot Toys does tackle a MGS V Big Boss figure, he might not come with many accessories, considering that he can only carry four weapons at one time in the game :slap.

But, I have to say, as much as I hated The Boss figure, she came with a plethora of stuff, that I'd probably expect from a DX release. It would have been awesome if they had included a second figure for the Bridge scene (where she was carrying the Davy Crockett).

Last edited:
stupid HT they'll never do a DX vgm figure :pfft:

but... there is a chance, HT always surprises me

Steve and Shield cap? po'd them a few weeks ago a bit expensive imho but oh well like I care about money :lol
Where is thet MK XLII? will it ever arrive? my hype for that figure is totally dead I might end up selling it as soon as I get it... :rotfl

I think the double pack is a decent deal, you get Steve Rogers for like half the price of a normal HT. I think the Mark 42 releases in June, it looks great, but I'm not sure, I think I'll sell it as well. I wasn't a fan of Iron Man 3.

I had to beg for them back, never knew thats how it worked, they gave it back because it’s the first time I ever did anything like that, and I told them I was using my points on another figure. Ended up switching it to the Captain America/Steve Rogers bundle which is a much better deal.

Oh I see. Glad it worked out, they usually are very firm about those.

Hmm... well, I think if Hot Toys does tackle a MGS V Big Boss figure, he might not come with many accessories, considering that he can only carry four weapons at one time in the game :slap.

But, I have to say, as much as I hated The Boss figure, she came with a plethora of stuff, that I'd probably expect from a DX release. It would have been awesome if they had included a second figure for the Bridge scene (where she was carrying the Davy Crockett).

If they deside to do more characters he will likely come with a fair amout of accessories like the MGS3 figures, MGSV is a big deal if they are making those dumb RE6 figures they can't pass on MGSV... :lol

To be honest... I think I want a 1/6 Quiet :rotfl it would be the most talked about figure of the year

I think the double pack is a decent deal, you get Steve Rogers for like half the price of a normal HT. I think the Mark 42 releases in June, it looks great, but I'm not sure, I think I'll sell it as well. I wasn't a fan of Iron Man 3.

Steve is still more expensive than all the figures I got in 2011/12 :dunno but I don't care that much.. :lol
yup if its good enought I might keep it... I think I'll end up selling that thing

btw
BlAf-D3CMAAXMYx.jpg

:lol

Last edited:
Back