Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're the only person on the Internet who actually believes that :rotfl

I highly doubt it.

All things considered, it's a rape, the mitigating factors of having a rape in this videogame is that
1) It's only sound.
2) The actual sounds of what could be considered the rape last about 3 or 5 seconds.
3) There's no violent language.
4) And could be the most important, it's optional, they don't force you to hear it.

Paz was raped by Skull face, gang raped by XOF soldiers, raped by Chico. Then she came onto Chico, and they possibly had consensual sex after all of the raping. Then her vag exploded in mid-air because she needed to pay the price for her sins and everyone else's. The end.

I don't need to verify the order of this. I don't want to verify it. It's sickening. I don't care.

Best explanation ever.

I highly doubt it.

All things considered, it's a rape, the mitigating factors of having a rape in this videogame is that
1) It's only sound.
2) The actual sounds of what could be considered the rape last about 3 or 5 seconds.
3) There's no violent language.
4) And could be the most important, it's optional, they don't force you to hear it.

Well, I haven't seen anyone else defend the rape as being "tactful" before :lol. You are teh pioneer!! :lecture

As for the things you listed...

1. It had to be sound alone, or else the Japanese censors would block the game from ever being released.
2. The unzipping of pants, panting, and squishy f*p sounds were extremely graphic. The duration is a moot point.
3. There's rape language :dunno
4. Inadvertently, you'd want to listen to the back-story of what happened to Paz (regardless if you knew about the rape scenes or not). Playing GZ is like opening Pandora's Box in that regard.

Paz was raped by Skull face, gang raped by XOF soldiers, raped by Chico. Then she came onto Chico, and they possibly had consensual sex after all of the raping. Then her vag exploded in mid-air because she needed to pay the price for her sins and everyone else's. The end.

I don't need to verify the order of this. I don't want to verify it. It's sickening. I don't care.
:clap:lecture:mwaha

Suddenly I'm very aware of Quiet :lol

I' bet BB will have some sexy time with her on the rooftop of Outer Heaven :lol

Since she can't talk I can see her going like this:
535.gif

Ok I think I might go play GZ again, see what else I can find.

Well, I haven't seen anyone else defend the rape as being "tactful" before :lol. You are teh pioneer!! :lecture As for the things you listed... 1. It had to be sound alone, or else the Japanese censors would block the game from ever being released. 2. The unzipping of pants, panting, and squishy f*p sounds were extremely graphic. The duration is a moot point. 3. There's rape language :dunno 4. Inadvertently, you'd want to listen to the back-story of what happened to Paz (regardless if you knew about the rape scenes or not). Playing GZ is like opening Pandora's Box in that regard.

I wonder how that felt for people that didn't play PW, GZ just isn't a game for newcomers

Last edited:
Can we stop talking about ****ing rape now? :gah: Ughhhhhhhhh...

Ssuddenly I'm very aware of Quiet :lol

I' bet BB will have some sexy time with her on the rooftop of Outer Heaven :lol

Since she can't talk I can see her going like this:
535.gif

Ok I think I might go play GZ again, see what else I can find.

I wonder how that felt for people that didn't play PW, GZ just isn't a game for newcomers

But, yeah, I don't see anything wrong with "Quiet". It's such an innocent name with no sexual-innuendo's whatsoever to the character.

Yeah, right :lol.

Can we stop talking about ****ing rape now? :gah: Ughhhhhhhhh...

I tried to lighten the mood talking about Quiet... :monkey3 wow bad idea :lol

But, yeah, I don't see anything wrong with "Quiet". It's such an innocent name with no sexual-innuendo's whatsoever to the character.

Yeah, right :lol.

such pervertion :lol

Well, I haven't seen anyone else defend the rape as being "tactful" before :lol. You are teh pioneer!! :lecture
Compared to rape scenes in other media, it wasn't gratuitous.

Could have been a lot worse if Kojima continued the path of PW side-ops.

As for the things you listed...

1. It had to be sound alone, or else the Japanese censors would block the game from ever being released.
Doesn't matter then, all we got was sound.
2. The unzipping of pants, panting, and squishy f*p sounds were extremely graphic. The duration is a moot point.
No it's not, it would have been even more criticized if it ran longer, it's already uncomfortable as it is.
3. There's rape language :dunno
Wat.
4. Inadvertently, you'd want to listen to the back-story of what happened to Paz (regardless if you knew about the rape scenes or not). Playing GZ is like opening Pandora's Box in that regard.
If you weren't aware of the news, it is, but you're not forced to experience to the tape.

Key word on my post, mitigating .

Compared to rape scenes in other media, it wasn't gratuitous.

Could have been a lot worse if Kojima continued the path of PW side-ops.

Doesn't matter then, all we got was sound.
No it's not, it would have been even more criticized if it ran longer, it's already uncomfortable as it is.
Wat.
If you weren't aware of the news, it is, but you're not forced to experience to the tape.

Key word on my post, mitigating .

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window_medium.gif

YES ! the Boss the best female character in any video game ever :clap :love :drool

Would it be a stretch for me to say that Kojima likes his women "Quiet", and very, very beaten and humiliated? :dunno

maybe not ....

Sara_Armstrong_Ok.gif

:lol jk

Ok lets see if I understand this, some Japansese people censored GZ but at the same time a dude might be doing a 13 year old in Tokio and thats perfectly legal ? :dunno dafuq?

I get where you are coming from Gaspar and it is true that you dont have to experience the audio tapes (i didnt) but at the same time that makes it feel like youre searching for a rape easter egg which is kind of jacked up.

YES ! the Boss the best female character in any video game ever :clap :love :drool

maybe not ....

Sara_Armstrong_Ok.gif

:lol jk

Ok lets see if I understand this, some Japansese people censored GZ but at the same time a dude might be doing a 13 year old in Tokio and thats perfectly legal ? :dunno dafuq?

Yup, seems some people forgot he created the most badass female character ever in a video game.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl so true! I was shocked when I heard it got censored.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I finally listened to the tapes closely again (earphones and all). Honestly from the sounds of it, this seems like the closest to what actually happened from what I can hear. Spoiler-tagging the rest if you're not comfortable talking about the mature content (which is perfectly understandable):
Spoiler Spoiler:

That said, Solidus I'll admit, I've actually seen some folks defending the implementation of this on various sites, most of which outright claim that the use of an audio-tape is a smart move on Kojima's part (showing sexual violence without actually "showing" it) so it's not like Gaspar is the only one making any defensive claims about it (at least outside of SSF forums that is). While I honestly have little opinion on the matter (I'm still waiting for Phantom Pain to judge MGSV as a collective whole), I just thought I'd point that out at least.

Regarding The Boss though, I'd say she was a very lucky character in terms of execution. Kojima was under the mindset of creating a mentor-like figure that was similar to Solid Snake and that alone speaks volumes of the difference between Big Boss and Snake. I should mention that The Boss was actually supposed to wear a similar Sneaking suit to MGS1 Snake while the bossfight was set on a field of sunflowers to contrast her dark design. That said that design decision was scrapped in favor of giving her a silver/white outfit (representing "purity" perhaps?). But yeah, even with PW, what I like about The Boss is that even though she led a tortured life, it was a huge conscious decision on her part that really showed the strength of her conviction.

I finally listened to the tapes closely again (earphones and all). Honestly from the sounds of it, this seems like the closest to what actually happened from what I can hear.

Spoiler-tagging the rest if you're not comfortable talking about the mature content (which is perfectly understandable):
Spoiler Spoiler:

That said, Solidus I'll admit, I've actually seen some folks defending the implementation of this on various sites, most of which outright claim that the use of an audio-tape is a smart move on Kojima's part (showing sexual violence without actually "showing" it) so it's not like Gaspar is the only one making any defensive claims about it (at least outside of SSF forums that is). While I honestly have little opinion on the matter (I'm still waiting for Phantom Pain to judge MGSV as a collective whole), I just thought I'd point that out at least.

You’re 100% percent correct my friend. This pretty much sums everything up pretty nicely for people who want to know what actually happens.

The way Kojima handled the situation is genius, this hasn’t made any big news, you would think something like this would have been on every gaming website, with a poll, countless articles from gaming journalists giving their opinion it.

Hell, giving the player the option to make Commander Shepard gay or straight made far more headlines than this :lol

That pretty much proves what Gasp said is true.

Last edited:
Back