Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cop out is the only way to explain the answers we got in MGS4 after waiting 7 years since MGS2. Most of us built up our own concocted theories over the years about the biggest questions that MGS2 left on us... only to get lazily written answers.

I think Kojima planning to leave after MGS2 is the most substantial reason why the series can be such a convoluted mess at times, since he wasn't foreseeing his return, so he left so much open ended. But even still, it's not really an excuse since I'm sure he could of come up with something better. It was said that his original ending got vetoed by his crew, with Otacon & Snake being executed... which to me would of been a much more riveting experience than Bigge Bawse showing up...

I think if he would have stuck with that ending a lot more people would have been upset, that doesn't make it a worse ending, but I can see a lot of Solid fanboys going crazy over that. I personally likes the ending we got, but I would have liked the other one as well, I'm not big on happy endings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that the original ending... ew

This about Mantis its just something visual its not a big problem, I'm sure we can find worst problems :lol

BTW just finished The anti-air mission in 2 minutes :rotfl

Nice! I beat it in 3. I didn't expect S ranking every mission to be so addicting.

I'm aiming for that also, my save data got corrupted twice, once while I was 65 percent ad the other at 75. I'm currently at 55.

If TPP will be like this my social life will officialy die, I might go for 100% completion this week

You'll die before you finish it, Kojima said so himself.

I'm currently at 54% got a few S ranks on Hard now, it is a truly rewarding game, but I'm too lazy to find all the tapes and patches.

I'm gonna wait until spring break to play this at full, cause damn midterms won't let me enjoy :lol

You'll die before you finish it, Kojima said so himself.

I'm currently at 54% got a few S ranks on Hard now, it is a truly rewarding game, but I'm too lazy to find all the tapes and patches.

I'm gonna wait until spring break to play this at full, cause damn midterms won't let me enjoy :lol

Finding the patches are kind of fun, I found all of them on my last play through after I lost all my corrupt data. The tapes are a bit harder since they require some specific tasks on specific missions to be accomplished.

Finding the patches are kind of fun, I found all of them on my last play through after I lost all my corrupt data. The tapes are a bit harder since they require some specific tasks on specific missions to be accomplished.

You had to start over again? Damn!

Have you downloaded the Mother Base app? It's really fun, I already built a pupa and a chrysalis.

I had to twice! I think the game has some sort of glitch on PS4, it also happened to a friend of mine. I haven't, I have an iPhone 4 with zero memory right now, it doesn't even have enough memory to download the latest update unfortunately. This Friday I'll be upgrading to that new Galaxy phone, and I will be Mother Base building along with you!

I like the app but if you switch devices your base does not follow you (ipad-iphone).
:(
Think I'm about 69% complete, leant it to a mate so will need to wait to 100% it.

Hmmmm, now it's got me thinking that Skully could be Mantis's Father and maybe Zero somehow had something to do with what Mantis did to his village/father?

Oh and I so want that Diamond Dogs Puma Jacket!!

Last edited:
The only reason why I don't think he's Mantis' father is because he seems to have been burned up a long time before Mantis was even born.

I do think Zero played a role in that fire that burned his village.

Wow. A lot of generally calm, cool dudes are foaming over GZ. I've never seen SuperBunnyHop use the F word to review anything and I thought I'd see the day the Nerd getting angry, because he's really a very cool guy, and his jokes are hilarious.

Why am I not surprised the video is only just over 3 minutes.
Ha!
:rotfl

I was just playing GZ this morning and was spotted under a truck but managed to slip away from the guard in a direction they didnt see. Well they got about four or five dudes to come over to the truck and flip it. Has anyone else had this happen? It was kinda awesome.

Back