Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I have a brother that's 14, and he has virtually no exposure to the MGS series. In reality, the only games he has had is MGS4 (not counted PW because it was PSP). While I mostly enjoyed that game, it is a terrible first (and probably for many, only) exposure and experience to the series.

I'm very much looking forward to this game, no doubt about that. With that said, it does seem to be taking elements from some of the recently popular western games and trying to make it relevant to the current generation of gamers who are into games like Uncharted, Assassins, RDR, etc.

Yeah, you could definitely see the influence of those games in the new trailer. When Big Boss started riding the horse, I immediately thought of RDR. It was also pretty hilarious/cool seeing him do an "Ezio" jump on to ledge. I just hope that it all blends well together.

MGS definitely needs updated gaming mechanics. I replayed MGS 2 not too long ago, and the controls felt a bit foreign - it took me several minutes to re-familiarize myself with everything. I've gotten too used to next-gen gaming :lol.

Yeah, you could definitely see the influence of those games in the new trailer. When Big Boss started riding the horse, I immediately thought of RDR. It was also pretty hilarious/cool seeing him do an "Ezio" jump on to ledge. I just hope that it all blends well together.

MGS definitely needs updated gaming mechanics. I replayed MGS 2 not too long ago, and the controls felt a bit foreign - it took me several minutes to re-familiarize myself with everything. I've gotten too used to next-gen gaming :lol.

Agree 100%. I got spoiled with MGS4, I loved the controls, so when I got the HD collection and not having played 2/3 since they were released, it took some getting used to.

Also reminded me how badass the Tanker Chapter is, and how much I loved MGS3. I fell in love with MGS1, but MGS3 really rekindled my interest in the game when I was in high school.

I hope this will be a great MGS, it's been pretty flavorless in the story department. I just hope we get a nice conclusion to Big Boss's arc and move on.

This game will be epic while playing it. But ive got a feeling after 6 months or so MGS1-3 will be the go to games to feel like you are in the Metal Gear universe

Exactly. Everything beyond MGS3 feels like it's on a different planet.

Just no more peace this, and peace that. Kojima went all out hippie with Peace Walker.

You had to be constantly reminded that you're in the hippy era, it was very irritating. Paz was the worst character I've ever encountered in the franchise aside from George.

The new Loading screen isnt going to be Solid Smoking a cig anymore its going to be Big Boss crashed out on a beanie smoking a spliff with his pants around his angles

To be honest, I don't think Kojima manages to make the characters in MGSV as emotionally moving as The Last of Us, I think The last of Us ruined me for other games D:

It did raise the bar high in matters of character development.

The new Loading screen isnt going to be Solid Smoking a cig anymore its going to be Big Boss crashed out on a beanie smoking a spliff with his pants around his angles

I'm praying for this

fp_5609467_uno_sutherland_kiefer_082110.jpg

To be honest, I don't think Kojima manages to make the characters in MGSV as emotionally moving as The Last of Us, I think The last of Us ruined me for other games D:

It did raise the bar high in matters of character development.

I find it very doubtful that he will be able to do anything close.

I hope this will be a great MGS, it's been pretty flavorless in the story department. I just hope we get a nice conclusion to Big Boss's arc and move on.

This could be the big one maybe Kojima been holding back :lol

I love the part in the trailer where Boss is carrying out Miller. It looks so damn awesome, and the way it was presented in the trailer just was beautifully done.

And speaking of Miller, he's one probably my biggest complaint of the direction it's taken since PW. In MGS1, he was McDonell Benedict Miller, the Hell Master, a guy who was a SERE expert and contracted instructor. He was actually one of my favorite character despite not having his story really fleshed out and only being seen in codec. I've always thought of him to be similar to Tommy Lee Jones' character in the movie The Hunted, except having been a military SOF soldier.

The whole revamping of the character totally went against all that for me. The way his younger self has been presented is so far off from what I envisioned him being. Disappointing to say the least.

What do you guys think about my signature now? I couldn't get the background beneath the "tear" to match up with the background on SSF. For some reason, it always appears white.

I love the part in the trailer where Boss is carrying out Miller. It looks so damn awesome, and the way it was presented in the trailer just was beautifully done.

And speaking of Miller, he's one probably my biggest complaint of the direction it's taken since PW. In MGS1, he was McDonell Benedict Miller, the Hell Master, a guy who was a SERE expert and contracted instructor. He was actually one of my favorite character despite not having his story really fleshed out and only being seen in codec. I've always thought of him to be similar to Tommy Lee Jones' character in the movie The Hunted, except having been a military SOF soldier.

The whole revamping of the character totally went against all that for me. The way his younger self has been presented is so far off from what I envisioned him being. Disappointing to say the least.

Couldn't agree more. I don't like this Japanese persona he's got now. Kazuhira really? Even though it was Liquid Snake playing him, I still think that was probably the voice and persona that he truly was.

The Hunted ruled, I need watch that again sometime.

Couldn't agree more. I don't like this Japanese persona he's got now. Kazuhira really? Even though it was Liquid Snake playing him, I still think that was probably the voice and persona that he truly was.

The Hunted ruled, I need watch that again sometime.

Agreed, I always thought of that was Miller's true persona. It had to be, Solid Snake would have seen through anything less.

My girl said I get to pick what movie we watch tonight, and The Hunted it is. Haven't seen it in awhile myself, one of my favorites. In fact, the reason I love that flick is why I tend to favor Big Boss - I find highly-trained commando types that "go bad" to be very interesting characters, both in fiction and real life. The ultimate scary villain.

Agreed, I always thought of that was Miller's true persona. It had to be, Solid Snake would have seen through anything less.

My girl said I get to pick what movie we watch tonight, and The Hunted it is. Haven't seen it in awhile myself, one of my favorites. In fact, the reason I love that flick is why I tend to favor Big Boss - I find highly-trained commando types that "go bad" to be very interesting characters, both in fiction and real life. The ultimate scary villain.

Me too

nah, i was joking with you hence the nana and the hi-five. its pretty cool. the only thing that bothers me is when theres that damned resize bar. i hate that thing on anything.

Back