Metal gear solid peace walker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are some quick pics of the HIDEO KOJIMA Peace walker World Tour in NEW YORK.

It was one of the coolest things I have ever done.
Stay Tuned for my Road trip adventure.

sorry for the quick pics.

DSC01200.jpg

7am in the line and we where # 71
DSC01201.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

Last edited:
my friend mike getting signed.
DSC01220.jpg

SOLIDUS01
DSC01221.jpg

MISSION COMPLETE!
DSC01222.jpg

real quick pics at Best buy.
DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

just some pics.
I just got home and I am really tierd. I wish I had tomorrow off work.
Got to wake up at 5am :(

STAY TUNED for my video adventure.

I would get this game but the PSp and the controls both suck for gaming.

The tools in which it is contained will hinder an otherwise good game.

To me, it's not that bad. The PSP controls just need some getting used to.

To me, it's not that bad. The PSP controls just need some getting used to.

Exactly. After playing the tutorial its second nature. Has anyone beaten it yet?? I'm going to get to it next weekend I swear. I have a backlog right now that puts it after Alan Wake which I'm about 3 chapters into.

It feels like a step backwards, I feel the PSP wasn't the best vehicle of choice for this game.

The whole camera issue, and the cumbersome controls are rather painful. The shooter type is a nightmare having the main buttons and character movement on one side so you can't keep moving and press the action button, and the other controls the camera!? The other type the camera doesn't follow you at all, no matter what setting you have it on.

Not being able to crawl really sucks, and move bodies, or hide in lockers. Don't take things away after I'm so use to them, crawling is an essential part of MGS. And the analog stick err, nub is also an over-sensensitive thumb cramper. Directing the camera and aiming with the face buttons? No thankyou too much work for so little payoff.

It feels like I'm playing a PS1 game again.:lecture

I'd a buy a PS3 port, but I think I'll pass on this one.

Last edited:
You're making it sound MUCH worse than it actually is :lol. But, to each their own, I guess. I will agree with you that not having the crawl feature is a bit strange, but so far, I've managed well without it.

Exactly. After playing the tutorial its second nature. Has anyone beaten it yet?? I'm going to get to it next weekend I swear. I have a backlog right now that puts it after Alan Wake which I'm about 3 chapters into.

Just started playing it! lol. Not even close to beating it. When you get your game, let's ad-hoc via the PS3.... we'll need all the help we can get for a few of the bosses (or, so I've heard).

You're making it sound MUCH worse than it actually is :lol. But, to each their own, I guess. I will agree with you that not having the crawl feature is a bit strange, but so far, I've managed well without it.

Just saying as aMGS fan I wasn't impressed with the japanese demo earlier this year, and the english one just released is the same thing except in english.

I am so jealous,im glad you had a great time.Did you say anything to Hideo or were you too excited to get out a single word? :D

A few pics from Uniqlo

4694876569_3e29b49c7c_b.jpg

4695513302_742f1711b3_b.jpg

Donate to Liquid's Charity, BROTHERRR!!!!!

4694877235_82138d22c7_b.jpg

The line at Uniqlo only got longer throughout the morning. It literally stretched to the other side of the store! I took this video at 10:00 AM, shortly after a few more of my late friends arrived.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/owoTQ1kM_Ls&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/owoTQ1kM_Ls&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

From Best Buy:

The line wasn't as long as Uniqlo's but it still stretched past the block. For some reason, two old ladies were at the front :lol. No idea... maybe they were keeping space for someone? Maybe not?

4695514576_e95e20ba2a_b.jpg

4695515034_d5d6ba0021_b.jpg

The only decent pic that I managed to take of Kojima, before being told by the KojiPro staff to put away my camera.

4695510164_59477bf4b7_b.jpg

Unfortunately, our Uniqlo group got separated, due to everyone arriving at later times at Best Buy. I wasn't able to keep space for Rey and the other peeps, because of Best Buy security, and the folks behind us acting up :( :monkey2. Here's a pic that I took with a few fellow PSN members that I met in line.

The guy to the left of me (in the MGS 4 shirt) is subzero316. We were both in the same group for the Times Square MGS 4 Launch in 2008. The guy to the right of me (in the blue shirt) is my friend, Ian from college. To the right of Ian, is Shinogu126 and his friend.

4695598374_59d8244ae7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pics by both of you,i would love to get my hands on a poster like that outside Best Buy.That and the Teaser Poster.

Nice Pics by both of you,i would love to get my hands on a poster like that outside Best Buy.That and the Teaser Poster.

I know what you mean, Rock. It would be cool if they did give out posters at these types of events :monkey2. Especially considering that less than 200 people managed to get their games signed at either event.

Congrats, Solidus!

Did Kojima sign some posters at the event? I plan of having one of mine signed.

Congrats, Solidus!

Did Kojima sign some posters at the event? I plan of having one of mine signed.

Thanks man! Congrats to everyone who managed to meet Kojima on Friday!

Kojima will sign anything, whatsoever. Getting your poster signed will not be a problem.

Just started playing it! lol. Not even close to beating it. When you get your game, let's ad-hoc via the PS3.... we'll need all the help we can get for a few of the bosses (or, so I've heard).

Sounds good to me. Just need to figure out how to set that up though. My PSP has been collecting dust since last September.:dunno

Back