Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

Nice to see everyone posting their experiences with Extreme modes. Keep em' coming! My top 5 most difficult (and rage inducing) moments in MGS are:

5 MGS1 Extreme as a whole.
4 MGS4 Bike Chase BBE run.
3 MG Ray and Harrier E. Extreme.
2 MG Rising VR Missions.
1 MGS2 VR Missions.

Nice to see everyone posting their experiences with Extreme modes. Keep em' coming! My top 5 most difficult (and rage inducing) moments in MGS are:

2 MG Rising VR Missions.
1 MGS2 VR Missions.

Wow, is MGS extreme that bad? That game gets easier with time, you get more items and a longer life bar, I suppose that doesn't matter in extreme :lol

MGS2 VR missions are pure evil, from hell itself.

Wow, is MGS extreme that bad? That game gets easier with time, you get more items and a longer life bar, I suppose that doesn't matter in extreme :lol

MGS2 VR missions are pure evil, from hell itself.

The sneaking itself in MGS1 Extreme wasn't that bad (NO RADAR THOUGH!) but the bosses are ungodly difficult, no way can I have enough time to align my scope before Sniper Wolf kills me with one shot. I think the Ninja kills you in one or two punches as well. Been awhile since I played MGS1 on Extreme but I know I won't go back to it unless there were trophies of sorts. Try it for yourself, and cry like I did. :lol

I'm having such an awesome day today. I think I'll try the European chase scene in MGS 4 again when I get home, to even it out.

wow :lol I'll give it a try

You can't kill Wolf with the Nikita on extreme?

Can't recall. I might be wrong but I don't think you'll have enough Nikita ammo for that bit, so probably not.

Also, I forgot to add, fighting Liquid on top of Rex was like playing Satan's version of Whac-A-Mole.

I'm having such an awesome day today. I think I'll try the European chase scene in MGS 4 again when I get home, to even it out.

I literally smoked two packs of cigarettes, calm the F down by washing my car, vacuuming the house and tried again and again hours later, good lord I just should have taken piano lessons for all that s@$*. Don't go there man. :lol

Last edited:

Can't recall. I might be wrong but I don't think you'll have enough Nikita ammo for that bit, so probably not.

Also, I forgot to add, fighting Liquid on top of Rex was like playing Satan's version of Whac-A-Mole.

Thats a weird boss fight imho, sometimes it can be extremely easy, sometimes is the worst. The last time I wasn't focused and he killed me a bunch of times, I was playing on normal :lol

Ok I'll give it a try soon, If I never ever reply again I probably killed myself

I haven't played too much in MGS Extreme. I did MGS3 first but stopped because I got kinda bored lol I was MGS'd out at the time (I literally played and beat the whole console series in 2013.) I'm not bothering with MGS4 for a while because despite MGS4 being action orientated, it dulled me at times. MGS 3 (3DS version) I have no real reason for but I've been playing Pokemon X and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and I'm waiting on a friend really MGS2 Olga annoyed me because I ****ed up and realized "Hey wait I never got any rations" and had stopped with MGS2 for a while. But I'm still going to try it! I kind of have some strategies to go by...maybe...kinda...I'm crazy enough to do it. MGS 1 I may relegate to doing on my PSP on the side since I really get bored at college when all my friends and I are done for the day and have to head to their dorms :lol but I LPed it on YouTube and had so many issues with it initially so I kind of stopped. Also my Kojibro of a friend nearly killing the series for me kinda may be why but w/e

2 MG Rising VR Missions.
1 MGS2 VR Missions.

Harrier was a ***** and the Rising VR mission 18 made me contemplate breaking the disc. Literally took 100s of retries to do mission 18.

The sneaking itself in MGS1 Extreme wasn't that bad (NO RADAR THOUGH!) but the bosses are ungodly difficult, no way can I have enough time to align my scope before Sniper Wolf kills me with one shot. I think the Ninja kills you in one or two punches as well. Been awhile since I played MGS1 on Extreme but I know I won't go back to it unless there were trophies of sorts. Try it for yourself, and cry like I did. :lol

MGS1 extreme is definitely the hardest of them all. The boss fights doing a Big Boss run is a ****ing *****!

I take you mean Big Boss rank. What do you need?

I did it like 10 years ago, I did use the Bandana and Stealth though :lol

You only are permitted using one ration in the entire game, and you basically need a perfect on every boss battle since you get killed easily.

We should do a PSN team and play Peace Walker (yes I know but it's the only MGS game we can play currently :lol)

Me, Solidus and Ryan talked about it for awhile but never did it :huh

LET ME JOIN LET ME JOIN LET ME JOIN LET ME JOIN plz? I have Skype and stuff.

We should do a PSN team and play Peace Walker (yes I know but it's the only MGS game we can play currently :lol)

Need a playstation would love to play.

Add me on PSN guys! Jackhepburn. I've never really spotted anyone playing PW online

I would be up for it. I still haven't beat some of the more tedious boss fights in Peace Walker.

Add me on PSN guys! Jackhepburn. I've never really spotted anyone playing PW online

Aren't I friends with you?

I would be up for it. I still haven't beat some of the more tedious boss fights in Peace Walker.

I should start my PW up since I lost save when my PS3 died.

Harrier was a ***** and the Rising VR mission 18 made me contemplate breaking the disc. Literally took 100s of retries to do mission 18.

You're the only one here who beat it. :clap

I did it like 10 years ago, I did use the Bandana and Stealth though :lol

You only are permitted using one ration in the entire game, and you basically need a perfect on every boss battle since you get killed easily.

You did? How? Gameshark cheats? I remember having started from scratch because unlockables don't carry over between difficulty levels.

I have to start over from scratch too as I'm using a different PSN account. It should make things much harder if we're going up against the Japanese players. :lol

Added!

You're the only one here who beat it. :clap

You did? How? Gameshark cheats? I remember having started from scratch because unlockables don't carry over between difficulty levels.

I have to start over from scratch too as I'm using a different PSN account. It should make things much harder if we're going up against the Japanese players. :lol

Added!

Well I previously beat Extreme and got both items. My final time for Big Boss run was 1:51. Although there are guys out there who beat it in 20 minutes or more faster than I did.

Back