Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

Btw I went trough my book shelf just for you guys. It's from an old issue of EGM.

tobj.jpg

rrem.jpg

p3bw.jpg

ja8l.jpg

ubdic.jpg

yz3l.jpg

jh2v.jpg

There are a few easy games for Platinums in my opinion, like some of the PS2 HD Packs such as God of War and Sly Cooper. I need to Platinum Arkham City too, but they seriously went overboard with Riddler Trophies. I tried doing some the other day, it was fun but ultimately I got kinda bored. I have some other games more or less 'waiting to be platinum'd' cause of how simple the trophies and procedures are. Dead Space for instance is upgrade all weapons, use them on 30 enemies (an entire chapter usually works) and then beat the game on Very Hard and with the Plasma Cutter, both of which I did in a single run. It's just I did it on the PC and the PC versions suck. :lol

One of the more tedious platinums is the Assassin's Creed series. II is doable but the feathers are annoying as hell. The later games have you finding too many collectables and also dealing with multiplayer.

Btw I went trough my book shelf just for you guys. It's from an old issue of EGM.

Nice find, Ryan. +1 rep for you :lol.

I never exercise my hands...

There are a few easy games for Platinums in my opinion, like some of the PS2 HD Packs such as God of War and Sly Cooper. I need to Platinum Arkham City too, but they seriously went overboard with Riddler Trophies. I tried doing some the other day, it was fun but ultimately I got kinda bored. I have some other games more or less 'waiting to be platinum'd' cause of how simple the trophies and procedures are. Dead Space for instance is upgrade all weapons, use them on 30 enemies (an entire chapter usually works) and then beat the game on Very Hard and with the Plasma Cutter, both of which I did in a single run. It's just I did it on the PC and the PC versions suck. :lol

One of the more tedious platinums is the Assassin's Creed series. II is doable but the feathers are annoying as hell. The later games have you finding too many collectables and also dealing with multiplayer.

I'm very proud of my Plat for AssCreed Brotherhood :lol. The "Abstergo Employee of the Month" trophy has stumped even some of the most remarkable players in the multiplayer. But, somehow, I managed to get it while just running around one day and poisoning other players.

I've hear that it's possible to boost this trophy if you have a good team of people, and someone on the other team to help you out.

That is one thing I never bother doing, the multiplayer achievements. Brotherhood I did it all but the multiplayer

That is one thing I never bother doing, the multiplayer achievements. Brotherhood I did it all but the multiplayer

The other AC games were incredibly easy to Platinum. But, for AC Brotherhood, you had to be very fortunate - with just the perfect scenarios in a game session to get Abstergo Employee of the Month :slap. I have a few friends who hunted the trophy on and off for a few years, but just gave up on it.

Speaking in this month's issue of Game Informer, Kojima admitted that the Metal Gear franchise can be "difficult to handle", and suggested that if he were to pass on the series to somebody else it could lead to an 'Alien' movie franchise scenario, with the quality of the franchise going downhill with future releases.
I thought it already happened.

Source: https://www.videogamer.com/ps4/meta...ojima_wants_to_step_away_from_metal_gear.html

Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES)

I finally got to replaying Piss Twerker a few days ago. It shocking how all of the enemies need glasses.

*Big Boss walks up half-naked to an enemy a few yards away*
"Who goes there?!"
"I knew I saw something!"

:slap

I finally got to replaying Piss Twerker a few days ago. It shocking how all of the enemies need glasses.

*Big Boss walks up half-naked to an enemy a few yards away*
"Who goes there?!"
"I knew I saw something!"

:slap

You have a long, long, looooong way to go for the plat my friend. :lol

On the plus side, there's NOTHING in this game that is as brutal as say, Snake's Variety sniper missions or BBE Extereme Bike Chase. Still stuck at those sniper missions at the moment. :mad:

i gave up months ago on the sniping VR mission

Sometimes i go back and try it, in hopes that I'll fluke it

I just started up PW over the weekend to regain all I lost when my PS3 died. We need to set up a day when we all can play MP.

I'd be up for that and could record it too :yess:

I was playing it last night and I was playing with someone with a horrible connection. So of course they crapped out and it was just me versus one of the "it takes 200 missiles to destroy it" tanks, somehow I managed on mine own even though I didn't prepare the equipment thinking it would be a solo job.

My Internet's back to normal now. Stupid Time Warner always has some problems. I'll be home early today if any if you guys wanna play some :lol.

I can only play on Thursday or the weekend, I'm busy with classes and work and normally don't get home till 9 earliest :gah:

mgs games suck, the controls are so bad. why dont they make them like call of duty? its so much better. js'n.............

Anybody who still hasn't gotten the platinum trophy for PW you might wanna take up on that soon. It's not far fetched to think that Konami would shut down the servers in the not to distant future..

Back