Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

I thought the training mission with MSF was pretty neat, but when they whip out the tape with the Boss's voice it completely made me start to hate the game. And the singing robots... ugh
Where the **** did that come from? Oh my god it was so annoying during bossfights. Especially since they pretty much sucked except for the ones where you had to deal with guards

Where the **** did that come from? Oh my god it was so annoying during bossfights. Especially since they pretty much sucked except for the ones where you had to deal with guards

Don't get me started on the Tanks that can take 100 RPGs :rotfl

And the Helicopters? :lol wtf

The guards felt like immportal demons sometimes ... still fun though, I liked the "final mission" before Outer Heaven

Let's talk about the positives of the games here for abit.

We can always go and moan about the games in the MGSV thread :lol

:rotfl

Totally

Today I went through MGS3 for the 90th time :drool such a gem. I want a game about the Boss set in WWII soooooooo bad!!!

crying-baby.jpg

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

I always thought the boss was a bit boring

Like she was almost too good at everything and you didn't really get a feel for who she really was

That said I wouldn't mind a game for them to try and flesh her put more

The best thing about MGS3 is the environment

The best thing about MGS3 is everything :drool :lol I'm nuts about that game really, I can't think of anything I don't like. And if there is something dumb or weird its funny, camp art at its best. Its a good game all-round

I love the Boss, I don't think she is perfect at all.. I wish she was real so I could talk to her about all that "the mission is more important than everything" thing...

:rotfl

Totally

Today I went throught MGS3 for the 90th time :drool such a gem. I want a game about the Boss set in WWII soooooooo bad!!!

crying-baby.jpg

Might happen, it was the original outline for MGSV. Although it would be committing the same sin that ruined Big Boss's legend.

Yeah I meant that's what really gave the game it's feel.

Without that settings they wouldn't have thought about the survival viewer etc, at the little nuances that came from being in the jungle.

It also gave the game a new feel - took it outta urban setting

Might happen, it was the original outline for MGSV. Although it would be committing the same sin that ruined Big Boss's legend.

Its risky, thats why Kojima didn't want to leave that project for his team I think. But there is so much potential. That prequel could be for her the same that was MGS3 for Big Boss, a nice prequel showing a different side of the character, it would show a more vulnerable side of her I think, more human. There is so much potential... :drool

Its risky, thats why Kojima didn't want to leave that project for his team I think. But there is so much potential. That prequel could be for her the same that was MGS3 for Big Boss, a nice prequel showing a different side of the character, it would show a more vulnerable side of her I think, more human. There is so much potential... :drool

As long as there is no singing mechs in it I'll play it.

There still some much potential squandered on Solid Snake though to say the least.

I'd go for a Grey Fox game over The Boss (obviously)

We have a Raiden game, a Gray Fox game its just a matter of time imho :lecture

As long as there is no singing mechs in it I'll play it.

Well... it should be the most realistic MGS, just sneaking and killing Nazi colonels and stuff... snatch missions like she said

He wanted rising to be Grey Fox and not Raiden

Ryan always said MGS2 was his favorite, I don't think Solidus did.

Indeed I did! I think I put both MGS1 and 2 on equal ground due to both games striving for different things. I know lots of cats here don't view MGS2 in a favorable light and that's fine, but keep in mind at least Kojima was trying not to make a generic sequel and he didn't went full retard at that time.

Think about it. If Kojima were to make MGS2 today, just imagine how many singing robots we need to fight in the Arsenal Gear section or how many frames of animation and polygons it would need to over-sexualize the female characters like Emma, Fortune, Olga or Rose. I mean, if he were to make a sequel to MGS2, he'd probably degrade at least one the female characters by having jiggling bo..

Crap. :slap

He wanted rising to be Grey Fox and not Raiden

Well, at least we have a Gray Fox skin

Indeed I did! I think I put both MGS1 and 2 on equal ground due to both games striving for different things. I know lots of cats here don't view MGS2 in a favorable light and that's fine, but keep in mind at least Kojima was trying not to make a generic sequel and he didn't went full retard at that time.

Think about it. If Kojima were to make MGS2 today, just imagine how many singing robots we need to fight in the Arsenal Gear section or how many frames of animation and polygons it would need to over-sexualize the female characters like Emma, Fortune, Olga or Rose. I mean, if he were to make a sequel to MGS2, he'd probably degrade at least one the female characters by having jiggling bo..

...I can totally see MG Rays with bikinis :lecture

Snake definitely would of banged Otacon in a cardboard box, that's certain.

In case anybody missed my reference, I was talking about the Rose boob jiggling effect that you can do with the PS3's Sixaxis. I discovered that in front of my then-girlfriend. Now I'm wondering if that lead to our break up. :lol

Back