Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

Indeed I did! I think I put both MGS1 and 2 on equal ground due to both games striving for different things. I know lots of cats here don't view MGS2 in a favorable light and that's fine, but keep in mind at least Kojima was trying not to make a generic sequel and he didn't went full retard at that time.

Think about it. If Kojima were to make MGS2 today, just imagine how many singing robots we need to fight in the Arsenal Gear section or how many frames of animation and polygons it would need to over-sexualize the female characters like Emma, Fortune, Olga or Rose. I mean, if he were to make a sequel to MGS2, he'd probably degrade at least one the female characters by having jiggling bo..

Crap. :slap

The story is great, but as a game over all, I feel wasn’t executed perfectly.

In case anybody missed my reference, I was talking about the Rose boob jiggling effect that you can do with the PS3's Sixaxis. I discovered that in front of my then-girlfriend. Now I'm wondering if that lead to our break up. :lol

...the hell :rotfl

I'm pretty sure people figured that thing with Rose's thingies out by accident. Though I don't think it works as well with a Dualshock.

But at least it gave us a reason to like Rose! :lol Also I like MGS2, even with Raiden being a friggen nerd, from a gameplay standpoint but I do feel the backtracking got annoying...and the shooting was very annoying to deal with. I need to replay MGS1 though, hell the whole series on Extreme. My demand for very hard modes makes me do it.

I'm pretty sure people figured that thing with Rose's thingies out by accident. Though I don't think it works as well with a Dualshock.

But at least it gave us a reason to like Rose! :lol Also I like MGS2, even with Raiden being a friggen nerd, from a gameplay standpoint but I do feel the backtracking got annoying...and the shooting was very annoying to deal with. I need to replay MGS1 though, hell the whole series on Extreme. My demand for very hard modes makes me do it.

Don't try MGS1 on Extreme, you'll thank me later.

Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

That is one thing I never got into, doing the extreme modes really. I'd do hard and that was enough for me

I imagine some of you are much better at it than I am

I preferred to just know my limit and enjoy it

I'm doing MGS2 on Extreme before attempting on European Extreme and Olga was legit the only hard thing. Next to some oddities in getting the photos...how bad can it be? I remember the stipulations Plissken listed like no radar, miniscule health bar etc.

Hell is it me or is combat on MGS's extreme difficulties harder than the stealth?

Everything is harder, the overpowered russians in MGS2 are the worst. Olga is hard yeah, but MG Ray will be a bigger challenge. Its the most demanding fight in the whole game, you have to make everything perfectly for about 20 minutes I think, its a torture. Its true MGS2 is the hardest MGS

If you do that you'll have the best time ever :lol especially with MGS3
It will be painful though...

Are you kidding? MGS3 Extreme was a walk in the park compared to MGS1/2 Extreme. :lol

That is one thing I never got into, doing the extreme modes really. I'd do hard and that was enough for me

I imagine some of you are much better at it than I am

I preferred to just know my limit and enjoy it

Spare yourself the pain buddy and be grateful you lead a normal life. I still have nightmares of Revengeance VR18 and MGS2s' Stupid Snake VR Missions. Grrr..

I'm doing MGS2 on Extreme before attempting on European Extreme and Olga was legit the only hard thing. Next to some oddities in getting the photos...how bad can it be? I remember the stipulations Plissken listed like no radar, miniscule health bar etc.

Hell is it me or is combat on MGS's extreme difficulties harder than the stealth?

SnakeEaterSalute.jpg

Are you kidding? MGS3 Extreme was a walk in the park compared to MGS1/2 Extreme. :lol

Yeah I was talking about the experience of playing every MGS on european extreme not just MGS3

I still have nightmares of Revengeance VR18 and MGS2s' Stupid Snake VR Missions. Grrr..

VR18 is the Wolf thing right?

Yeah I was talking about the experience of playing every MGS on european extreme not just MGS3

VR18 is the Wolf thing right?

VR18 was the stupid "everything but the kitchen sink" one. Plissken was the only one man enough to beat it.

Spare yourself the pain buddy and be grateful you lead a normal life. I still have nightmares of Revengeance VR18 and MGS2s' Stupid Snake VR Missions. Grrr..

SnakeEaterSalute.jpg

Oh I still tried to 100% as much of it as I could and the VR missions are very painful. I spent a whole weekend trying to do the sniper one protecting Meryl

Oh I still tried to 100% as much of it as I could and the VR missions are very painful. I spent a whole weekend trying to do the sniper one protecting Meryl

Did you manage to beat it? I think it took me 6 hours to get past that one, it was pure torture. Oh, if you're on PSN do add me it's ryan_pliskin. :hi5:

SnakeEaterSalute.jpg
MGS3 Extreme is pretty easy honestly. In fact MGS3 does feel a tad easier. Also I will make it through MGS2 Extreme somehow. I shall find a way by the good graces of Snake! The good graces of stuff helped me with other stuff in games anyway.
Everything is harder, the overpowered russians in MGS2 are the worst. Olga is hard yeah, but MG Ray will be a bigger challenge. Its the most demanding fight in the whole game, you have to make everything perfectly for about 20 minutes I think, its a torture. Its true MGS2 is the hardest MGS
The MG Ray is seriously the one thing I'm dreading. That was the worst **** I've seen in the series. Oh my god. Don't know what you mean by 20 minutes though. Overpowered Russians? What sequence do you mean, the forced alert during the Tanker? Olga is absurd though. How does her tiny-*** pistol do more than an AK?

VR18 was the stupid "everything but the kitchen sink" one. Plissken was the only one man enough to beat it.

Oh mixed things up a little, I barely know anything about that game, I played the demo today and I really liked it... it was better than I expected, I'll buy the best edition of that game :yess:

I've posted this before, but watch this guy attempting MGS3 on European Extreme with no kills and no tranquilizers. Epic.

Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

Did you manage to beat it? I think it took me 6 hours to get past that one, it was pure torture. Oh, if you're on PSN do add me it's ryan_pliskin. :hi5:

No did I ***** lol

I don't have a PS3 man somebody broke into my apartment and stole all my electronics a good while ago.

My gf bought me an xbox and mgs hs collections as a gift and I never had the spare cash to replace the PS3.

I'll be getting the PS4 sometime this year tho so I'll be sure to add you when I do man

The MG Ray is seriously the one thing I'm dreading. That was the worst **** I've seen in the series. Oh my god. Don't know what you mean by 20 minutes though. Overpowered Russians? What sequence do you mean, the forced alert during the Tanker? Olga is absurd though. How does her tiny-*** pistol do more than an AK?

What I mean by 20 minutes? you'll be fighting 25 MG Ray :lol

I recommend you this if you need it

I discovered this guy after I finished the game, I have a more erratic way of playing I don't like to use tricks... so you can imagine how my experience was :lol I finished the game in 17 hours 37 minutes

I've posted this before, but watch this guy attempting MGS3 on European Extreme with no kills and no tranquilizers. Epic.

Oh, Bunnyhop, that guys knows his ****. I've seen him suck at times though :lol anyway I guess everyone has those moments

Back