Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (no figures /customs just games)

I think it does sometimes... those weird mech/almost metal gear things in PW were only added for gamplay but they need an explanation for it. That game is such a mess I don't even wanna think about it

Well you can't blame the hardware on that, it was all Kojima. And the whole Huey thing and looks EXACTLY like Otacon, he just keeps reusing the same plot devices over and over. And the Boss's AI ugh, him and his ridiculous weirdness that never really gets acknowledged. I don't know how you can do such a great back story with MGS3, and turn Big Boss;s story into this uninteresting mutant of his former self. MGSV is his last chance to salvage the character, and I don't think he's going to do it.

It's common ground he was bad in PW. I think that's something most MGS fans agree on

He just sounds different in PW I don't think he was bad, unless you didn't like it, I don't think thats reason enough to say "that is bad acting" his acting skills didn't change imho

I think it does sometimes... those weird mech/almost metal gear things in PW were only added for gamplay but they need an explanation for it. That game is such a mess I don't even wanna think about it

Well you can't blame the hardware on that, it was all Kojima. And the whole Huey thing and looks EXACTLY like Otacon, he just keeps reusing the same plot devices over and over. And the Boss's AI ugh, him and his ridiculous weirdness that never really gets acknowledged. I don't know how you can do such a great back story with MGS3, and turn Big Boss;s story into this uninteresting mutant of his former self. MGSV is his last chance to salvage the character, and I don't think he's going to do it.

I think Otacon is a great character, and keeping him alive in some way or form is not bad for me. That said, I'll just ignore PO and PW.

I just somehow doubt he would make such a weird thing for the home consoles, GZ and PP don't look THAT weird, for now..

I think Otacon is a great character, and keeping him alive in some way or form is not bad for me. That said, I'll just ignore PO and PW.

I just somehow doubt he would make such a weird thing for the home consoles, GZ and PP don't look THAT weird, for now..

I don't think it can get any weirder than PW, it was out right retarded.

I'm sure there will be some niche Koji weirdness in MGS V, but I just hope it doesn't end up being so distracting to the story like it was with PW. And please, nothing against Gays but I don't want another Gay scene in MGS, ever.

Don't be so sure, maybe not a Big Boss/ Kaz love scene but I'm sure there will be more Koji dull Japanese humor in it.

Otacon is indeed a good character but Huey is not, and is just an inferior clone of him. And I'm with Plissken, The Boss AI was dumb and didn't make much sense honestly. Didn't Big Boss know about what happened with her? The conclusion didn't even make much sense; I only liked how he finally accepted his codename...which doesn't matter in MGS V. Does that count as a retcon?

He is just like Otacon, but he is into nukes and stuff, he likes to build that and won't stop, thats the only difference as far as I remember :lol is like a "mean" version of him

He heard a song and thought

"Sesame street song? she betrayed me..."

Otacon is indeed a good character but Huey is not, and is just an inferior clone of him. And I'm with Plissken, The Boss AI was dumb and didn't make much sense honestly. Didn't Big Boss know about what happened with her? The conclusion didn't even make much sense; I only liked how he finally accepted his codename...which doesn't matter in MGS V. Does that count as a retcon?

He accepts his codename, but again goes back to using Snake :lol

The Boss was a great character, but goddamn am I sick of her being the underlining force in the Big Boss stories at this point. Although MGSV doesn't seem like it is that way thank god.

The only thing that makes sense about PW is that The Boss's death still affects him, I think I know how that feels in real life... thats not something you forget. Ever, but since that is mixed with a terrible story... everything sucks, its weird and barely makes sense.

Was he actually called Snake by another character in the MGSV trailers?? I don't remember...

I think he's called Snake in the GZ trailer.

I understand the Boss's death still affects him, but it shouldn't be the main focal point of the story two sequels later again.

"Excellent Snake, age hasn't slowed you down one bit."

So yeah, unfortunately :(

Totally, the whole thing of "the Boss is alive?" was dumb... I really didn't like to see one of my favourite characters ever treated like that, it was cheap

I thought the training mission with MSF was pretty neat, but when they whip out the tape with the Boss's voice it completely made me start to hate the game. And the singing robots... ugh

He just can't let go of borrowing everything from Snake's character and pasting it to Big Boss.

Not really, Big Boss kinda gives little crumbs of what went on between him and Zero without really saying much at all. I just want to know when he got plastic surgery to remove his horn and scars :lol

Damn, I'm sure my mind blocked that so I wouldn't remember ..

He is Big Boss already... c mon.. kojima

I thought the training mission with MSF was pretty neat, but when they whip out the tape with the Boss's voice it completely made me start to hate the game. And the singing robots... ugh

I pretty much liked everything related to MSF, it kind of sucks because it was made for a tiny console so the gameplay was just going through menu screens, but I hope it will be better with the power of the home consoles

Damn, I'm sure my mind blocked that so I wouldn't remember ..

He is Big Boss already... c mon.. kojima

I was actually pretty happy with PW's ending because I thought finally he would be Big Boss and not Solid Snake in the past. But nooooooooo. Using Snake's lines, Snake's name, is getting very very stale and redundant.

I guess there is only room for two Snakes and no Big Boss :huh :lol

I'd actually rather go by the name Big Boss than Solid Snake :lol

Back