Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well heres hoping BluePoint announce in the next few months that they are indeed working on a MGS 1 remake :D I really dont want another HD version but for the PS4.

I can't wait for June 6 because that would be the 10 year anniversary of MGS4 and I figured I'd give the game one last playtrough. I think it's been a few years since I've played it, and I've come from loving the game back in 2008 to absolutely despising it today. I still consider it a guilty pleasure though, so what better way to indulge in this sinful mess than to replay it on the 10th anniversary? Anybody have similar plans?

I think I've finally hit the point where I'm done. I have all the games in various versions and some collectibles as well but i have no urge to play the games or buy any more collectibles. The series was great even if it was extremely uneven and I will forever love 1-4 but they are old and have been far surpassed in just about every way. Still love them but I'm ready to put them to rest.

I can't wait for June 6 because that would be the 10 year anniversary of MGS4 and I figured I'd give the game one last playtrough. I think it's been a few years since I've played it, and I've come from loving the game back in 2008 to absolutely despising it today. I still consider it a guilty pleasure though, so what better way to indulge in this sinful mess than to replay it on the 10th anniversary? Anybody have similar plans?

Wow 10 years already I can't believe it.

I would love to play MGS4.... If it was on PS4. I just can't go back to ps3 at all!!

I think I've finally hit the point where I'm done. I have all the games in various versions and some collectibles as well but i have no urge to play the games or buy any more collectibles. The series was great even if it was extremely uneven and I will forever love 1-4 but they are old and have been far surpassed in just about every way. Still love them but I'm ready to put them to rest.

That's a very sad post.

I don't think the series has been surpassed necessarily.. It's too unique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I could honestly stomach MGS4 again, especially the long winded cutscenes but I'll give it one last hurrah on the anniversary. As for the series itself, I think MGS1 and 2 still holds up narratively, perhaps MGS2 even more so.

I would love to play MGS4.... If it was on PS4. I just can't go back to ps3 at all!!

What do you mean you can't go back to PS3?

I don't think I could honestly stomach MGS4 again, especially the long winded cutscenes but I'll give it one last hurrah on the anniversary. As for the series itself, I think MGS1 and 2 still holds up narratively, perhaps MGS2 even more so.

What do you mean you can't go back to PS3?

I feel the console is soo sluggish and outdated. I can't even get past the UI to play anything. Even the controller of can't really go back to lol

I don't have this feeling with PS1 or PS2. Also my ps3 is i

I feel the console is soo sluggish and outdated. I can't even get past the UI to play anything. Even the controller of can't really go back to lol

I don't have this feeling with PS1 or PS2. Also my ps3 is i

I've been playing my PS3 a lot more than my PS4 lately. If the system feels slow, use the "Rebuilt Database" feature and it should speed things up noticeably, especially if you've never cleaned up the drive before.

FB_IMG_1527886692032.jpg
(Ignore the arrow)
There's now way this is true right?.... Right?...

I kind of disagree. With no real way to play MGS1 on any next Gen consoles why would they start at MGS3? Why not at least bring Twin Snakes over in a remaster? And the biggest offense, MGS2 is more relavent now than ever. A true remake with more VR Missions and an actual Snake Tales that maybe allows you to play the real events of the tanker would stump any Big Baws game.

I see what you mean. It would be nice to have an MGS remake, they would probably use all those renderings people ***** about though. itd be cool if they brought back David Hayter.

MGS3 remake? That's ****ing pleb-tier.

I don't think there's any need whatsoever to remake anything from MGS1 onward.

Not even the MG games, but if you're gonna remake something, remake the MG games.

Back