Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1f413599e442cfb451e3e6fa4062f9be41546cf53f1c854986b5325fd706bbac.jpg

It's KONAMI's Umbrella Corps.

It retains the best part about V's (the gameplay) and it simply adds a story that makes zero sense to the point of being stupid. And I like the fact that it never claims to be anything else more than that.

I really don't know what people were expecting. Yeah, it's got MG on the title, as it takes place within that messed up universe that never made sense anyway.

Metal Gear has long been dead. Like Dylan mentioned, they don't care about Survive so much they flock to bash it.

Such insufferable divas.

Frankly, there was nothing more to do with the series. It was a nice ride, but I think it's long run it's course. There was only so many times you can put out pretty much the same formula with really nothing innovative to offer. Sons of Liberty was the peak.

MGS4 was an awful ending.

Peace Walker and MGSV were utterly pointless and offered nothing to the lore except more Japanesy horse **** that did nothing to deepen and expand the plot aside from making you feel dumber after taking it in.

I actually liked the story to Peace Walker. In a perfect world that would have been the series' logical conclusion, definitely a more fitting send-off than 4 and V.

I'm sorry but MGS changed things up and kept it fresh every time. That's one of the best things about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually liked the end of MGS4 for the most part, it drove home the point Snake always made. He saved the world time and time again, in the end he freed everyone from the Patriots control. What thanks did he receive, he was an unsung hero who was labeled a terrorist with only a few of his closest friends ever knowing what he did. His speech in MGS2 was made possible by his actions from MG up to and including MGS4, as the Patriots no longer held control.

I love MGS4. The cutscenes are indeed way too long but the story is good for the most part.
The ending is just perfect. I used to not like it but today I apreciate it a lot.

Even the FOXDIE thing makes sense. Snake is a walking killing machine and even tho new FOXDIE is raging war against old FOXDIE to liberate his body... eventually it will become the same abomination. So Snake has freedom to live the rest of his live and see what happens... or end it to prevent potential epidemy. It's his choice now because he's no longer a soldier on a chessboard. This is his personal freedom.

I was playing Twin Snakes last night and forgot to pick up the rope to rappel down the Hind D assault, so I decided to drop down and kill myself hoping to restart the Comms Tower chase bit and to my surprise, you can drop down the bit without the rope! I never knew this! :lol

I love MGS4. The cutscenes are indeed way too long but the story is good for the most part.
The ending is just perfect. I used to not like it but today I apreciate it a lot.

Even the FOXDIE thing makes sense. Snake is a walking killing machine and even tho new FOXDIE is raging war against old FOXDIE to liberate his body... eventually it will become the same abomination. So Snake has freedom to live the rest of his live and see what happens... or end it to prevent potential epidemy. It's his choice now because he's no longer a soldier on a chessboard. This is his personal freedom.

Big Boss... dead was betta.

I appreciate the game in hindsight, but I still take a lot of issues with it. Although it's no where near as offensively bad as V was.

I hated Snake become a depressed suicidal ass. Micro **** Otacon ****s Naomi? Really? That was Brojima's way of living vicariously through a character.

Raiden was cool... but c'mon already... how many times through the series does he go to the MGS1 well for plot lines or designs?

It’s perplexing that Konami hasn’t released a PS4 version of 4. In fact, a trilogy for newer consoles or steam.

Other than PES, what games are they making? Are slot machines that profitable for them?

Back