Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x4HODf4.png

Dat paint... I may have to put stuff on hold specifically for this.

Looks like I'll be holding off my PS4 for a while (again). Do you have the Hot Toys figure on pre-order? I got charged for my first flex payment on the 22nd of last month. I'm kind of regretting it, at the moment :lol.

That statue is pure sex but the light bleed through on the head is ridiculous! Youd think theyd have thought that one through, hopefully i can get some black paint in there to alleviate that problem.

It doesn't bleed all that much to be honest. Just a little part on the eyebags that might just be reflection off of the light intensity.

Well such QC is to be expected on some of these figures. But wow, from that decent looking prototype to this...damn. Gecco is full of revengeance. I just hope they do other MGS games, an MGS1 Solid Snake or MGS2 would be great.

Late to the party here (really late).

Anyone know the best place to buy this (Raiden 1/6 Gecco Statue)? It seems sold out in most places including AmiAmi who, with the current exchange rate would be selling it for $142!!

Gecco statues tend to drop in price. Silent Hill Robbie is now 60% it's original price.

Anyone know the best place to buy this (Raiden 1/6 Gecco Statue)? It seems sold out in most places including AmiAmi who, with the current exchange rate would be selling it for $142!!

I plan to check Ebay when it comes in stock. It was $249.99 on BBTS :lol.

Gecco statues tend to drop in price. Silent Hill Robbie is now 60% it's original price.

I don't know if that will be the case here.

Silent Hill is not the same as Metal Gear.

And as far as i know these are the first Metal Gear statues of a decent scale - so no competition/comparisons to be had.

Plus Raiden is pretty much sold out everywhere.

But you guys are the experts. Who knows....

I don't know if that will be the case here.

Silent Hill is not the same as Metal Gear.

And as far as i know these are the first Metal Gear statues of a decent scale - so no competition/comparisons to be had.

Plus Raiden is pretty much sold out everywhere.

But you guys are the experts. Who knows....
Much as I love Silent Hill, I'm not gonna lie, it's borderline niche compared to Metal Gear.

And with Raiden's growth in popularity after MGR, I wouldn't doubt that he'd sell more than the SH statues.

No doubt he will sell more than Silent Hill characters.

All depends on the production size of the Gecco statue, if they were clever they made a limited qty and the suppliers have a small allotment of allocated figures hence, being sold out.

It's no secret that Raiden figures aren't selling like hot cakes for the most part. PAK and the Revo can still be picked up most places and judging by limited suppliers of the HT ones i don't think that is flying out either, that's not gospel though.

Are you getting the Hot Toys figure, Frank?

I'm thinking of selling my PAKs :lol. It'll be weird having the same rendition of Raiden in different scales.

Yeah I'm getting the HT version

I'd get the Gecco, but i collect figures so it would look out of place with the rest of the stuff i have (to myself)

I'll be getting rid of the regular colour PAK Raiden and keeping the white most probably.

I don't need 2 in different scales either, plus having the white i can just keep him as i like the colour variation and i highly doubt HT will do a white armour version

Are you getting the Hot Toys figure, Frank?

I'm thinking of selling my PAKs :lol. It'll be weird having the same rendition of Raiden in different scales.

There's no limit to how much Jack the Ripper I can have in my collection.

I just want the biggest version of Mr. Lightning bolt that I can get, like the size of my Jewish shlong.

Yeah I'm getting the HT version

I'd get the Gecco, but i collect figures so it would look out of place with the rest of the stuff i have (to myself)

I'll be getting rid of the regular colour PAK Raiden and keeping the white most probably.

I don't need 2 in different scales either, plus having the white i can just keep him as i like the colour variation and i highly doubt HT will do a white armour version

I've got the black and white PAKs too. I had the red version last year, but I sold it, and have regretted it since. It looks so much like Raiden's "Jack the Ripper" mode.

I just wish if the Hot Toys figure had a light-up feature in the eye.

Last edited:
I've got the black and white PAKs too. I had the red version last year, but I sold it, and have regretted it since. It looks so much like Raiden's "Jack the Ripper" mode.

I just wish if the Hot Toys figure had a light-up feature in the eye.
I'd honestly suggest if you guys have Raiden variants and are thinking of selling one, I'd probably sell the Black to make room for the HT one and then keep any of the variants (which seems to be white in your cases) since I'm probably getting a White to with my Blue, and then I may have the HT as my default color of choice. Or the gecco, who knows.

I'm surprised HT never put in a light up feature, considering they've put it into a bunch of random things (such as stands and some guns) in figures and most of the Terminators have an LED eye.

I'm surprised HT never put in a light up feature, considering they've put it into a bunch of random things (such as stands and some guns) in figures and most of the Terminators have an LED eye.

I'm beginning to think Hot Toys don't actually give much of a damn about videogames because their VGM series seems to come off quite half-arsed compared to MMS. There must be a few Resident Evil fans on the team because those are the only ones that stand up as having a similar amount of effort put into them (Wesker had both eyes wired up to LEDs if I remember rightly).

On the subject of cyborg ninjas, my Revolmini Gray Fox is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Will post some pics once it does.

I'm beginning to think Hot Toys don't actually give much of a damn about videogames because their VGM series seems to come off quite half-arsed compared to MMS. There must be a few Resident Evil fans on the team because those are the only ones that stand up as having a similar amount of effort put into them (Wesker had both eyes wired up to LEDs if I remember rightly).

On the subject of cyborg ninjas, my Revolmini Gray Fox is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Will post some pics once it does.

I would disagree, at least in this case. Raiden has a custom body made specifically for him. which looks like the most detailed sculpt HT has made thus far.

I just hope the line continues after this Solid is the most important character after all. IIRC i think they said they have a bunch MetalGear fans in HTs so fingers crossed

I found some pictures of Figma Snake. They're from an event in November time but i missed them till now. again i think they made the neck too short, it as better before imo

25.jpg

miyazawa-max-factory-figma-snake.jpg

niconico039.jpg

m028s.jpg

Back