Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of the Snakes are interchangeable as they all look different under scrutiny. The MGS3 Hot Toys figure was based off the one-shot MGS3D CG art, with creative liberties taken on his hair.

And do try to be a pal and not to triple post.

Some guy was kind enough to come up with a side by side comparison just to show they look identical and the same sculpt can be reused over different Snakes with slight modifications.

hkekdYy.jpg

____the_legendary_heroes_____solid_snake_and_big_boss_by_andyskullcandy-d58cvaw.png

I found some pictures of Figma Snake. They're from an event in November time but i missed them till now. again i think they made the neck too short, it as better before imo

25.jpg

Not sure it's the angle or what, but the face looks better last time i saw it. i would assume the neck was tilted forward & the photo angle from the top makes it look short.

The sculpt looks the same, but I'm guessing that the head is tilted down in the shot.

And as it was mentioned before, tater, quit the double/triple posting :wave.

And people said the PAK Solid Snake looked like a meth addict...

Not sure about this. Max Factory just cocked the job spectacularly with their Guyver figure compared to the prototype and their own earlier Guyver line from about a decade ago. If this Snake sees a similar drop in quality from display prototype to finished figure, it's not going to be pretty.

I think it looks worse than the proto did, already the decline is REAL :lol

The neck looks too short, the head is tilted forward so it will look shorter than it is actually is, but it's still too short. Just look at the height of the vest straps in relation to the neck

Dem shoulders too.. The HS is still better than the PAK one though, even if it does suffer from the dark wash on the eyes

Last edited:
I think it looks much worse than the proto did already the decline in REAL :lol

The neck does look too short, the head is tilted forward so it might look shorter than it is but it's still too short. Just look at the height of the vest straps in relation to the neck

Dem shoulders too.. The HS is still better than the PAK one though even if it does suffer from the dark wash on the eyes

Glad I didn't succumb to the hype and order the EX through GSC's online store. Will wait for in-hand pics, if it's good I'll start lurking the usual places and see if I can pick the EX up on the Japanese aftermarket. Don't mind paying a little extra if it turns out to be a home run.

I'm not even too bothered about the Ex to be honest. What is it the SOCOM Pistol and a funky sleeve?

I'm waiting to see if this is available anywhere in the UK for a decent price and if not i'll probably pass it up. I'm already getting dry shafted with overpriced PAK, nevermind even smaller overpriced Figma :lol

If it looks anything like this, i'll reconsider

a4ee287d2d67fbd30333f978196ff3bef440d4b3.jpg

Glad I didn't succumb to the hype and order the EX through GSC's online store. Will wait for in-hand pics, if it's good I'll start lurking the usual places and see if I can pick the EX up on the Japanese aftermarket. Don't mind paying a little extra if it turns out to be a home run.

I'm not even too bothered about the Ex to be honest. What is it the SOCOM Pistol and a funky sleeve?

I'm waiting to see if this is available anywhere in the UK for a decent price and if not i'll probably pass it up. I'm already getting dry shafted with overpriced PAK, nevermind even smaller overpriced Figma :lol

If it looks anything like this, i'll reconsider

Extra cardboard box too :lecture

I personally can't see how this supposedly looks like it's based off the Legacy render of MGS2 Snake as some people are saying

They clearly took it from SSB, they even gave him BB's beard, it's him down to a T

The legacy MGS2 render actually looks like a more realistic MGS2 Snake

I personally can't see how this supposedly looks like it's based off the Legacy render of MGS2 Snake as some people are saying

They clearly took it from SSB, they even gave him BB's beard, it's him down to a T

The legacy MGS2 render actually looks like a more realistic MGS2 Snake

Ehh I dunno, I still see more of the Legacy render than SSB but that's just me. That said, I agree about the EX. The price is too much for some measly extras so I just stuck with the regular release myself.

With regards to the recent pics though, it definitely looks like his head is tilted forward. I honestly wouldn't get worried about it.

Revolmini Cyborg Ninja just showed up. Nice figure for the size, very clean metallic paint apps except for one small blemish on the hip. Unfortunately there's a small casting defect on the head (left side is slightly concave) - Google Images told me they're all like this, but not before I tried popping the head off the joint for a closer inspection.

The joint has split in two :slap Both halves are intact, but rooted into the head and neck and there isn't enough clearance to snap them back together.

I hope Monday's delivery doesn't have any problems like this...

Amiami still has the Gecco Raiden for order, so i don't see what the fuss having difficulty preordering 1.

I'm sure they'll have more after they've shifted the initial stock. I like the Snake statue but that's at the end if my collectable priority list. I have a feeling they'll be around for quite awhile

There will be cancellations as per and if it is indeed selling well i would imagine dealers trying to order more stock after the initial pre-order amount have gone

Aren't you in the UK Zombie? where have you got yours from amiami

There will be cancellations as per and if it is indeed selling well i would imagine dealers trying to order more stock after the initial pre-order amount have gone

Aren't you in the UK Zombie? where have you got yours from amiami

I've not ordered it. I would have used amiami but it seems all my purchases from there get hit by customs automatically :-S. If your talking about the figma I preordered the exclusive

If I do get the statues ill see how my local retailers prices are. I've noticed Amazon has got great deals on things now. I got the JP ZOE HD limited edition for 60 quid

was still open with the orange add to cart when i posted.

sometimes it gets sold out then next day it shows add to cart then after you confirmed the order it becomes sold out again, happened to Silent Hill Geccos. sometimes when demand goes up they'd open up another order page for the same item. Gecco statues are mass produced, based on their history they'd probably add more production when they get good feedback. Also since they always delay, that gives them more time to do so.

only thing is whether Gecco 1/6 comes in scale with normal 1/6, and whether anyone would use the Red Sword on their standard HT Raiden. SH Heather was petite, but the pistol that came with it seems to fit 1/6, might even look slightly bigger.

Revolmini Cyborg Ninja just showed up. Nice figure for the size, very clean metallic paint apps except for one small blemish on the hip. Unfortunately there's a small casting defect on the head (left side is slightly concave) - Google Images told me they're all like this, but not before I tried popping the head off the joint for a closer inspection.

The joint has split in two :slap Both halves are intact, but rooted into the head and neck and there isn't enough clearance to snap them back together.

I hope Monday's delivery doesn't have any problems like this...

I had the same problem with the one I opened up, the joints are tough plastic and hard to break, here's how I got the neck part of the joint out.

>Grab a thin string of sewing yarn (is that correctly said? :lol)
>Put it around the joint on the lower part, the part closer to the neck, wiggle it a little so the string sinks all the way down in the neck, do it 2 or 3 times so the grip is stronger.
>Pull up slowly while wiggling.

It's sturdy plastic but try to be careful with the thin pivot that connects both parts of the joint.

Should come out easily and you can snap the joint back together, I hope you understand my instructions, ask me any doubts bro.

What defect do you mean? They're supposed to be concave on both sides.

Last edited:
Back