Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havent seen these pictures before
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

I really like it!

That figure of Big Boss is just wrong :lol. Looks like it's giving a piggyback to an upper torso in the first pic.

The sculpt is fine, Snake can also hunch like that, articulation sure isn't lacking, it's the paint job that's making the figure look worse.

RevoMini-MGS-Venom-Snake.jpg

I think it's the exact same sculpt, I hope that paint is just an early paint job or something, this figure needs a better face paint and a better camo.

I was thinking of slowing down MGS collecting this year and moving on towards maybe movie collectibles. I haven't seen anything mind blowing for the past 2 years, not that the MGS collectibles are "bad"- far from it. Just nothing that screams "BUY ME!"

Except the Gecco and HT Raiden of course. :lol

Do you guys think Hot Toys will do something from MGSV or would it have been announced by now?

It's very realistically possible I'd say. As for when, it could be anytime between now and a year of the game's (TPP) release. That's what they did with Rising.

This is pure speculation, but my guess is that HT was originally planning something from the older games (based on that old poll) but saw that the newer ones are just as viable, if not easier to produce.

I was thinking of slowing down MGS collecting this year and moving on towards maybe movie collectibles. I haven't seen anything mind blowing for the past 2 years, not that the MGS collectibles are "bad"- far from it. Just nothing that screams "BUY ME!"

Except the Gecco and HT Raiden of course. :lol

I've already slowed down, to a crawl. Aside from the ThreeA figures (and Raiden), there's just a blatant lack of noteworthy, high-end collectibles from this series - it's quite pathetic. And just to think, if Hot Toys had released a Solid Snake figure, we wouldn't have had to pay a small fortune for the Sean Dabbs custom (which I'm really looking forward to) :lol.

Most of my money is spent on Terminator figures now.

Do you guys think Hot Toys will do something from MGSV or would it have been announced by now?

If I were guess, a MGS V figure is most definitely in the pipeline. The Raiden figure was announced a year after Rising was released.

Would the rifle they include with Raiden be an indicator as to what they're doing next?

Eh... not really. The Boss figure came with a Davy Crockett missile and carrying case, but I don't think Hot Toys ever planned to release Volgin :lol.

Would the rifle they include with Raiden be an indicator as to what they're doing next?

Probably not since the rifle seems like a throwaway item. Not that a MGSV BB isn't likely, seems like the most logical step for HT to capitalize on the hype. I would definitely buy a HT GZ Big Boss or any 1/6 MGS figures.

I've already slowed down, to a crawl. Aside from the ThreeA figures (and Raiden), there's just a blatant lack of noteworthy, high-end collectibles from this series - it's quite pathetic. And just to think, if Hot Toys had released a Solid Snake figure, we wouldn't have had to pay a small fortune for the Sean Dabbs custom (which I'm really looking forward to) :lol.

Most of my money is spent on Terminator figures now.

I would say the recent MGS collectibles are awesome, but unfortunately underwhelming these past few years, especially how PAK keep showing us previews of characters that we don't even have an attachment to, instead of the classics that every sane person would demand for. Sean Dabbs did what Konami Kant.. I mean can't.

And yeah, looks like 2015 is me playing catch up with Terminator figures. Maybe even score the T-1000.. :drool

It's annoying that PAK just wouldn't release a MGS 2 Solid Snake figure, when there's already Raiden and Solidus :pow.

The T-1000 must cost a fortune right now :lol. I never really cared for the character, but it would be awesome to have it posed with the DX13.

It's very realistically possible I'd say. As for when, it could be anytime between now and a year of the game's (TPP) release. That's what they did with Rising.

This is pure speculation, but my guess is that HT was originally planning something from the older games (based on that old poll) but saw that the newer ones are just as viable, if not easier to produce.

If I were guess, a MGS V figure is most definitely in the pipeline. The Raiden figure was announced a year after Rising was released.

Eh... not really. The Boss figure came with a Davy Crockett missile and carrying case, but I don't think Hot Toys ever planned to release Volgin :lol.

So I guess its still possible. Thanks dudes :duff

Back