Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to someone who's guiding the weird make-overs. It needs to stop. At least Shinkawa is staying true to his artwork in his own drawings of the characters.

Ain't that the truth. Shinkawa is the only one keeping things consistent. Sure Snake has aged over the years, but he always still looked like the source material from MGS1 but older.

As a publicist myself I really love the fact of the book being marketing related, but I agree on it's size. Although I read some sites that refer to it as a "bookLET" so probably, is going to be small. Another ruined oportunity of having something cool to collect. Still gonna get it tho. And what is it about the covers version? does the JP release of the collection have diferences?

EDIT: NVM I looked for it and the US version looks like dumbed down design of it, for what I can see is only 1 box instead of 2 boxes for the JP version + book. US version looks cheap. Maybe de EU version going to be cooler!

Last edited:
JP version (2 boxes)
252442-368723.jpg

US version 1 box
253922-h1.jpg

EDIT: NVM I looked for it and the US version looks like dumbed down design of it, for what I can see is only 1 box instead of 2 boxes for the JP version + book. US version looks cheap. Maybe de EU version going to be cooler!

I hope there is an EU version in the works but no mention of it so far has me a little worried about where I would import it from!

No detailed info on that so far. :mad:

However, we did saw a preview of it, all indication goes that it probably will be different than the HD collection artbook.

Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Art-Book.jpg

Excellent thanks.

JP version (2 boxes)
252442-368723.jpg

US version 1 box
253922-h1.jpg

I really hope the art book is bigger than that! If its the size of an game cartrage Im gonna be a little angry and sad:(

Yeah I feel the same, the book actually contains pretty sweet material to be scaled to that minimum expression. But then again, is worth USD$50 so I expect cheapness on this one, remember that the HD Colletion book was part of the Limited Edition, not the retail one.

BTW guys: Do you know if the Obitsu Body Multi Stands works with PAKs???

Working on a Snake sketch, eh not so great so far. But I still need to go finish the build of it and redo all the line work. I think he may be too muscular.

SolidSnake.jpg

I think it looks excellent. I don't think the musculature is too big either you just have to finish up the body and it'll look better good job.

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

Thanks J. I try to map out all the details first just to get it on paper as a marker of positioning and then go over it again and redo everything. His face will probably be completely different in the final sketch. I'm wondering if I should color it or just color it with black and gray.

PAK Black Raiden is official in the UK now. Shame im on hard times and i cant afford one :'(

Well theres loads on ebay, and amazon uk and such

its looking like £70ish posted at the moment

when i get the funds ill shop around for the best deal though. Or maybe wait for a buyers remorse 2nd hand one

I've got mine pre-ordered with stupid Forbidden Planet because it was cheaper than everywhere else

I honestly don't know how they stay in business. They still don't even have anything to tell me and when i ask about what the supplier said, they have no idea. I don't know how an item can get pushed back but the supplier not give any indication as to when the're supposedly arriving

Well theres loads on ebay, and amazon uk and such

its looking like £70ish posted at the moment

when i get the funds ill shop around for the best deal though. Or maybe wait for a buyers remorse 2nd hand one

I feel like entertainment earth is the same. I've preordered lots of things through them and only actually bought 1 thing. I always cancel and buy elsewhere cause they are last to get everything. I've been waiting for my mgrr sword letter opener and reissue PW fatigues for I don't know how long. I bought the mgrr USB sword from them cause it was in stock. Waiting for it to arrive.

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

I've said this before, I got the black Raiden for an unfortunate $129, (should arrive tomorrow) but the seller also gave me a box of the Limited Edition White Raiden for free. I guess I should be happy.

Back