Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Beast Wars, I remember watching that getting ready for school in the AM. Blast from the past.

Who didn't? Even my dad cried. That's the reason I bought the boxset, it also came with a prequel comic. Dinobot is the best Transformer alongside Optimus Prime.

I did too. It was on Netflix so I watched the whole show recently with my girlfriend. She got really upset when he died too :crying

Me personally, I think he was the great of them all. I was immediately a fan with his first appearance.

I love how he took on all the Predacons on his own and beat all their asses and he wasn't even a Transmetal.

Don't know how this turned into the MGS/Beast Wars collection thread, but I like it. :lol

20130416235413.jpg

Optimus Primal was always my favorite, and Rattrap came in a close second :lol. Dinobot was just beyond cool. I liked how he his honor above anything else - even his allegiance to the Predacons. That was masterful script-writing.

I actually enjoyed Beast Wars a lot more than more than the first generation Transformers series.

By the way, great picture, Ryan! That's awesome that the box set got re-released. I have the original DVD set from years ago, but I might pick this up, since it's a very attractive piece.

Optimus Primal was always my favorite, and Rattrap came in a close second :lol. Dinobot was just beyond cool. I liked how he his honor above anything else - even his allegiance to the Predacons. That was masterful script-writing.

I actually enjoyed Beast Wars a lot more than more than the first generation Transformers series.

By the way, great picture, Ryan! That's awesome that the box set got re-released. I have the original DVD set from years ago, but I might pick this up, since it's a very attractive piece.

I did too, I would love for them to revisit or even do a game incorporating them. I hated Beast Machines, I thought it was such a terrible followup to such a amazing series.

I did too, I would love for them to revisit or even do a game incorporating them. I hated Beast Machines, I thought it was such a terrible followup to such a amazing series.

I heard that Hasbro got rid of the original script writers for Beast Wars, when they tackled Beast Machines. I hated the Zen theme; how machines were technically evil, and Cybertron had to return to an organic state. That didn't make the least bit of sense.

But, I don't think that Beast Machines is actually canon to the series anymore.

I heard that Hasbro got rid of the original script writers for Beast Wars, when they tackled Beast Machines. I hated the Zen theme; how machines were technically evil, and Cybertron had to return to an organic state. That didn't make the least bit of sense.

But, I don't think that Beast Machines is actually canon to the series anymore.

Beast Wars tied the loose ends, having Megatron somehow get off the ship and getting to Cybertron before them was retarded.

Beast Wars tied the loose ends, having Megatron somehow get off the ship and getting to Cybertron before them was retarded.

I only watched a few eps of Beast Machines, it was awkward after the sublime first two seasons of BW. So fill me in, how did Megatron arrived at Cybertron as the supreme ruler again? Did the Maximals went into stasis lock on the trip or something?

Should I watch the entire Beast Machines?

I only watched a few eps of Beast Machines, it was awkward after the sublime first two seasons of BW. So fill me in, how did Megatron arrived at Cybertron as the supreme ruler again? Did the Maximals went into stasis lock on the trip or something?

IIRC he gets off the ship they were traveling in and some how gets to Cybertron in the past and takes it over. Somehow they lose all their transmetal forms and they got to start from scratch once again.

Don't bother, it's terrible.

Basically megatron breaks his restraints while the ship is going through the transwarp wormhole. Megatron ends up falling into a time earlier than when the Maximals arrive, which gives him time to take over.

Honestly, I really liked Beast Machines. I think it's worth the watch even with its missteps. The writing is pretty good in my opinion. I like how it takes the roles of each (Optimus = Always right leader, Cheetor = dumb immature kid, rattrap = always resourceful a fighter) and then flips them on their heads to see how each characters deals with being outside those roles.

Oh, MGS stuff. Solid snake is cool.

Here's my big boss detolf. What do you think? The lighting is the crappy IKEA stuff. I already ordered the parts for my custom ones.

usuqe3u8.jpg

a6a5eset.jpg

quqabepe.jpg

yquge4et.jpg

ygameju2.jpg

ymaqahag.jpg

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

wow that looks awsome !

watched escape from NYC last nite for the first time and now watching escape from LA.

wow crazy ! the movie takes place in the year 2013.

EFLA was alright, it was a worthy sequel but it's still overshadowed by EFNY. EFLA had a lot of elements that were borrowed into MGS1.

The virus the inject into Plissken became Foxdie.

The torpedo thing he uses to get to LA became the SDV.

And the satellite EMP weapon reminds me of a Metal Gear since it can hit any target on the planet.

Man this figure's a death trap, I knew having him front and centre at the edge of my shelf was a bad idea. Just had him come crashing down behind me, bouncing off another set of draws on the way down. My heart nearly dropped looking down at the bits and pieces scattered on the floor, but luckily they were just the removable parts. With the weight of him I'm surprised he didn't snap in half/destroy everything he landed on.

Man this figure's a death trap, I knew having him front and centre at the edge of my shelf was a bad idea. Just had him come crashing down behind me, bouncing off another set of draws on the way down. My heart nearly dropped looking down at the bits and pieces scattered on the floor, but luckily they were just the removable parts. With the weight of him I'm surprised he didn't snap in half/destroy everything he landed on.

Count yourself lucky. My sneaking suit Snake fell off and landed on carpet a few weeks ago, and the elbow snapped in half.

Count yourself lucky. My sneaking suit Snake fell off and landed on carpet a few weeks ago, and the elbow snapped in half.

Holy ****. When I had the original sneaking suit version it fell a lot too. They didn't quite have those leg joints right at that time.

Solidus is a big problem without a stand, I wouldn't dare stand him up without one.

Just so you guys know, the Black Raiden figure is back up for pre-order at BBTS. Also, my figure just shipped! :yess:

Back