Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they all play the same, right?
And there are only how many MGS games really?

I only ask as I quit being a completest quite a few years ago on ALL of the lines and things I collect. I'm strictly an opener now as I can't afford to spend money on stuff that'll just sit on a shelf.

Again, different strokes for different folks...

Though I do wonder how many other things one could buy with the amount of coin dropped to have all of those games...?

So they all play the same, right?
And there are only how many MGS games really?

I only ask as I quit being a completest quite a few years ago on ALL of the lines and things I collect. I'm strictly an opener now as I can't afford to spend money on stuff that'll just sit on a shelf.

Again, different strokes for different folks...

Though I do wonder how many other things one could buy with the amount of coin dropped to have all of those games...?

I can't leave stuff packaged either. Soon as it's un-boxed it's already opened and thrown on the shelf.

It ain't cheap to get all those, especially if they are already sealed. You got to think that with every release there is 3 versions of it.

NTSC

PAL

(J)AP (Stupid sensor)

Bags of money are required.

I didn't even know there were that many versions available!

It must of taken a lot of long painful hours tracking all those down and then being able to acquire then. I doubt you got them all at the time of release and had to backtrack and pick version up later on?

I'm an in the middle collector. I've chosen to taken some of the figure out of the box and i've left some in the plastic prison. I'd probably think about taking them out but i've keep them boxed for so long now, it's the principal

I didn't even know there were that many versions available!

It must of taken a lot of long painful hours tracking all those down and then being able to acquire then. I doubt you got them all at the time of release and had to backtrack and pick version up later on?

I'm an in the middle collector. I've chosen to taken some of the figure out of the box and i've left some in the plastic prison. I'd probably think about taking them out but i've keep them boxed for so long now, it's the principal

I think the only thing I have sealed is the Bandana that came with Peace Walker :lol

I think the only thing I have sealed is the Bandana that came with Peace Walker :lol

:lol If nothing you've saved yourself alot of self justification

I went through my younger teenage years collecting figures and leaving them boxed. I have all the original MGS figures aswell as all the OG Resi Evil and Final Fantasy, including all the Play Arts for the latter.

I guess i thought they were going to be worth something someday, not even worth money i mean like to me. I got into the weird state of mind about opening them and it's stuck with me ever since

This is just for the early original figures, all the play arts etc i have unboxed and have them on display and i've had no trouble taking them out of the box. Even though they alone are worth more than the originals

:lol If nothing you've saved yourself alot of self justification

I went through my younger teenage years collecting figures and leaving them boxed. I have all the original MGS figures aswell as all the OG Resi Evil and Final Fantasy, including all the Play Arts for the latter.

I guess i thought they were going to be worth something someday, not even worth money i mean like to me. I got into the weird state of mind about opening them and it's stuck with me ever since

This is just for the early original figures, all the play arts etc i have unboxed and have them on display

I was like that, when I first got the McFarlane line I felt bad opening them... nowadays it never enters my mind :peace

I was like that, when I first got the McFarlane line I felt bad opening them... nowadays it never enters my mind :peace

Weird isn't it. I have no problem opening them now, i think i just hold true to whatever reasons i didn't want to open them 10 years ago haha

When i originally bought the PAK i was going to buy 2 of each. One for display , the other boxed

Weird isn't it. I have no problem opening them now, i think i just hold true to whatever reasons i didn't want to open them 10 years ago haha

When i originally bought the PAK i was going to buy 2 of each. One for display , the other boxed

Funny you said that, I did that with the Solid Snake PAK but I ended up selling my spare.

If its in a blister I leave em jailed. If I can display them without mangling the box I do so. I prefer to see the box artworks too.

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

I have a lot of those figures loose anyway that i've saved from when i was a kid, so i can still display all the ones i'd probably want to regardless (they most likely don't have full W&A but they do for display purposes)

So, I got the three pieces of the torture table from the McFarlane Mgs figures. I have NO clue how they go together. I tried but nothing seems to fit properly. Anyone have a clue??? I don't have the directions seeing I won them on eBay. Im also not opening my figure. I dont feel like watching YouTube either. Please help a fellow freak out.

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

I think Black Raiden stocks in the EU in a few week. Really need it.

my WIP blade is heavily outnumbered by RE

dscf6229h.jpg

-_-

Give me fricking PAK Jetstream Minuano

I cant buy a figure or any merch with out opening it unless im doing it just to resell. **** even if i do leave it sealed and stored im still attached, thats how ive still got all my collectables.

another Revoltech review. Need to get paid soon!
gotta say from the images i like this better than the playarts :O

36054b71.jpg

was hoping for a cooler box like jehutys

db0e750c.jpg

0980e2bd.jpg

7b326303.jpg

OldSnake next please!

f209e00a.jpg

when they make an MGS1 Snake it'll go perfect with my 3A REX!!

https://blog.livedoor.jp/axllows/archives/25643998.html

I ordered another Solidus from Amazon and he had a broken pelvis and the box was not factory sealed as promised, I returned it and got my money back. I just got another from eBay and it's the same ****. He has scuffs ALL OVER HIM and the box was resealed from the bottom. On top of that he has this weird white residue all over his leg. I guess I need to open a case on the seller since I know he won't just accept it back.

"Returns accepted on factory sealed product."

Go **** yourself.

I just ordered my 4th from BigBadToyStore, I should of in the first place since it's only 15$ more than the POS I just got.

Last edited:
^Amazon has it for $88.99. Not the best deal compared to the $69 one a few days ago. But, it's still a fantastic price considering how expensive the figure is selling on Ebay.

Back