Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I might repaint the face of Medicom Cold War Snake, but does the head come off without any problems. It seemed a bit tight and since those are prone to break, I left it be for now.

BTW: does anyone knows where I could find this picture of repainted Medicom Croc Cap Snake head (I beleiev it was that one). I remember it was in this topic but this is 531 pages long. Yesterday I went through more or less randomly about 50 pages, but couldn't find it. I don't remember who has it or who painted it, and the search isn't helping.

pull the earpiece out and grasp his head and body close together and give small tight twists while you pull it. should come off pretty easily actually.

I thought I might repaint the face of Medicom Cold War Snake, but does the head come off without any problems. It seemed a bit tight and since those are prone to break, I left it be for now.

BTW: does anyone knows where I could find this picture of repainted Medicom Croc Cap Snake head (I beleiev it was that one). I remember it was in this topic but this is 531 pages long. Yesterday I went through more or less randomly about 50 pages, but couldn't find it. I don't remember who has it or who painted it, and the search isn't helping.

Well ain't that a coincy dinc, I just got off repainting my Medicom Croc Cap Snake few minutes ago. I didn't took off the head and I cheated by using concealer and a paint brush.

25734204.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the warning Ryan I was completely unaware the PAK market had started to get hit by bootlegs. I'll definitely have to be careful with where I buy from.

I feel like PAK is going to be a hard lineup to identity bootlegs for early on because the final product tends to look drastically different from the promotional shots.

Wow this was news from so long ago at this point.

Things to look for:

The sticker that says MGS 25th anniversary should be glossy, if it's just matte it's a fake.

The Ninja will have wrong text on his forehead, it should read TOKUGAWA HEAVY INDUSTRY

Wow this was news from so long ago at this point.

Things to look for:

The sticker that says MGS 25th anniversary should be glossy, if it's just matte it's a fake.

The Ninja will have wrong text on his forehead, it should read TOKUGAWA HEAVY INDUSTRY

actually plis, if its matte it real and if its glossy its not. the glossy one was larger too. although i will tell you my meryls is shiny. not really sure. ninjas head was also a crappy white instead of that pearly grey/white. i know all mine are legit.

Ryan, that looks great. I have a repainted medicom head, and one I cut the hair off and transplanted the Metal Boss wig on, which looks great. I'll post pics later.

actually plis, if its matte it real and if its glossy its not. the glossy one was larger too. although i will tell you my meryls is shiny. not really sure. ninjas head was also a crappy white instead of that pearly grey/white. i know all mine are legit.

It's been so long I guess I got it mixed up. I would have to look at the boxes I have stored to see what they are.

I really hope the White Raiden is sold seperately from the UK Ex version.

Ryan, that looks great. I have a repainted medicom head, and one I cut the hair off and transplanted the Metal Boss wig on, which looks great. I'll post pics later.

Thanks. Yeah please do post that hair transplant! Might inspire me to do it myself.

It's been so long I guess I got it mixed up. I would have to look at the boxes I have stored to see what they are.

I really hope the White Raiden is sold seperately from the UK Ex version.

Yo Plissken, are your PAK all on one shelf or something? Got pics? :)

Yo Plissken, are your PAK all on one shelf or something? Got pics? :)

I have one shelf deticated to the whole line (except Miller which my girlfriend will probably be a Christmas present) I'm actually out of room at this point since I have 9 of them and Solidus is coming soon :thud:

If I get time I will take newer pics, I haven't taken any since I got Meryl and the Red Ninja.

A couple quick pics I had on my phone. Keep in mind this is very rough at this stage, and the fitting needs to be refined, the hair shortened, the headband sculpted around the sides and back of head, and the whole thing repainted.

A couple quick pics I had on my phone. Keep in mind this is very rough at this stage, and the fitting needs to be refined, the hair shortened, the headband sculpted around the sides and back of head, and the whole thing repainted.

That looks pretty good, but yeah the MB version mullet is slightly too low on the head.

Wow. That's great! Honestly it looks very promising. I can imagine how cool the final work will look like. Do keep us updated, once you're done with the HT Snake that is.

Thanks. I was actually surprised with how good it looks. I have numerous MGS customs I'm working on, my goal is to make figures of each main character throughout the series, and soon I will be starting a thread for that project to display the completed figures.

Got the figures!

I'm at work, so I can't mess with them too much, but I had a quick minute to snap some phone pics to share. Didn't mess with the posing too much, but it seems solid. The arms stay where you place them and don't creep back down.

I'll do a full review later tonight and post my thoughts on the good and bad. Initial impression is extremely positive though, it looks great in hand.

Ok, so here's a WIP of mine, pardon the crappy cell phone pics, but just wanted to share.

Naked Snake. Nowhere near done; everything is just thrown on and not really fitted to the body. Body is a Kaustik Heroik upper body, HT Noland lower body with lower legs from "ashkanls" of this forum.

Here's another WIP.

MGS2 Snake. Head sculpted by my friend Amnur of the forum, chopped up and fitted with the Metal Boss hairpiece.

Proper shooting stance...awww yeah...

Kaustik body is great, highly recommended!

Last edited:
Back