Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to get him soon. I really like the look without snake arms and with the FNP90s and ammo pouch on chest.

Yeah the ammo pouch is a nice look, it's a shame it didn't make it into the game and didn't make it and farther than Shinkawa sketches.

Yet another reason why I often think the artwork is better than what actually appears in the games.

I must say again elvis our custom MGS2 Snake is amazing. before that i didn't think HotToys could reproduce his suit well. Now i want them to at least match yours!

KojiPo are releasing an MGS 2013 calender. It features the art Play Arts used to base the figure off of i don't see where they got the face they made ???
calendrier-metal-gear-2013-02.jpg

calendrier-metal-gear-2013-01.jpg

www.metalgearsolid.be/fetez-2013-avec-snake-et-yoji-shinkawa-calendrier-metal-gear-1088.html

I have NO clue about anything when it comes to video game design or programming, but if someone can make a game as awesome and cartoony looking as The Wind Waker back when gamecube was around, somebody should be able to make a MGS game for the PS4/XBOX 720 that is strictly A Wood or Y Shinkawa! Imagine gameplay, environments and characters, that look like that!

I have NO clue about anything when it comes to video game design or programming, but if someone can make a game as awesome and cartoony looking as The Wind Waker back when gamecube was around, somebody should be able to make a MGS game for the PS4/XBOX 720 that is strictly A Wood or Y Shinkawa! Imagine gameplay, environments and characters, that look like that!

no Wood. it would have to be Shinkawa all the way. if it was even possible.

Ashley Wood just officially confirmed to take over Shinkawa and Kojima's positions at Konami! Get excited everyone!

They actually tried to do that in MGS2 but it looked too ****ty. They could tottaly do that now though. Check out this CG movie by the Yo****aka Amano(final fantasy)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLu5VSdYAg

Ashley Wood just officially confirmed to take over Shinkawa and Kojima's positions at Konami! Get excited everyone!

i hope your trolling

They actually tried to do that in MGS2 but it looked too ****ty. They could tottaly do that now though. Check out this CG movie by the Yo****aka Amano(final fantasy)!

i hope your trolling

He is.

No way Kojima or Shinkawa would ever trust some semi-hack Aus artist with their stuff.

Oh wait they did, with REX :slap and we all know how well that's been going

Yah like that; that's badass! Possibly even a little more abstract woiuld be neat, although I could see how that would ruin gameplay if nothing is realistic enough to tell what's going on hahaha.

Hey guys, I'm putting together a 1/6 MGS2 version of Solid Snake, and want some opinions as far as the sneaking suit goes.

It seems to be hard to figure out the actual color of Snake's suit. I know that "officially" it's supposed to be the same exact sneaking suit from MGS1, just without the thermal vest and knee/elbow caps, but it seems to vary in color from a light grey to a light blue/grey color based on in-game lighting and pictures.

Looking at the official Shinkawa artwork for the character, the suit is colored light blue with grey webgear and knee/elbow pads. So based on that, this is the color scheme I'm leaning towards.

What do you guys think? Seb (elvis1976) and I are trying to pin down the right type of fabric to construct the suits out of, and obviously getting the right color will play a big part in what is appropriate.

I say model it off of Super Smash Bros Brawl Snake since that's probably the most advanced (visually) and detailed representation of the character at that stage of his life.

Snake's_old_SSBB_artwork.jpg

Suit seems to be a shade of grey that basically looks light blue so going either path would be accurate enough. IMO lighting and coloring are far from consistent in the MGS franchise.

hey guys i finally broke down and got rid of my POS droid incredible1! i got a new droid razr. now that im not using such crap technology i deleted my album and redid it. now you guys can actually see what i have. thanks to those who take a peek.

I would say the document of MGS2 would have the most accurate look, since nintendo made that Snake model themselves:

1345912686835.png

elvis last figure was great but i think the material could be thinner? maybe smiler to the synthetic polyfiber used for sports/running ware nowadays?

Spent a little time today working on my MGS2 Solid Snake.
Still not finished, some final fitting of the hair to the sculpt but it's getting there.

The headsculpt is MGS1 Solid Snake V1 sculpted by Amnur of this forum. He has since refined it and I'm awaiting my V2 sculpts.

The EXCELLENT paintjob is by my buddy Seb AKA Elvis1976. He's my partner in crime when it comes to MGS :1-1: :hi5:

Originally, I dremelled off the entire top and back of the head and fitted the Metal Boss hairpiece to the sculpt. This time around, I cut the lower part of the MB hairpiece off, dremeled it and thinned it out and fitted it to Amnur's sculpt, leaving the bandanna and top of the head as is.

What do you guys think?

Spent a little time today working on my MGS2 Solid Snake.
Still not finished, some final fitting of the hair to the sculpt but it's getting there.

The headsculpt is MGS1 Solid Snake V1 sculpted by Amnur of this forum. He has since refined it and I'm awaiting my V2 sculpts.

The EXCELLENT paintjob is by my buddy Seb AKA Elvis1976. He's my partner in crime when it comes to MGS :1-1: :hi5:

Originally, I dremelled off the entire top and back of the head and fitted the Metal Boss hairpiece to the sculpt. This time around, I cut the lower part of the MB hairpiece off, dremeled it and thinned it out and fitted it to Amnur's sculpt, leaving the bandanna and top of the head as is.

What do you guys think?

Looks great but are you going to add stubble?

Back