MEGA-EXCLUSIVE Xbox 360 game?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GoldenEye was great, but Perfect Dark was better.

The story was a certain step-down but you can't really expect any less going from one of the best Bond movies ever to an original story written by video game writers.

Technically "Perfect Dark" was superior to "Goldeneye" but that's because it came out 3 years later. It's been 8 years since "Perfect DarK" and "Goldeneye" 360 will be superior to "Perfect Dark" 64, then "Perfect Dark" 360 will come out and IT will be superior, etc.

This game sucked ASS, I played it for like 5 minutes and got bored. :monkey4

Sorry, but ANYONE who gives up on a game after 5 minutes automatically gets demoted to assistant poop pot peddler alongside Mrs. Cartman in the Video Gamer Army :

https://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_5gzbxHX0sA1yujzbkF/SIG=144v95dla/EXP=1203642080/**http%3A//spazmatazz.blogs.allocine.fr/blogsdatas/mdata/9/4/3/Z20050520233527657999349/img/1161381673_bscap0008.jpg

No game, movie, book, etc. should ever be judge after 5 minutes of play (well, unless it's a five minute long game ... then that would be okay). Many of my all time favorites (X-Com on the PC and PS1 for example) took hours of play before their intricacies and brilliance shown through.

Goldeneye was a great console shooter for it's time. But, I highly doubt that this is a remake of that game. Let's be honest, MGM controls the Bond license and they want everything focused on Craig's new reboot Bond. So, I have a feeling this is going to be a Quantum of Solace video game with Goldeneye multi-player levels. It would fit in the release schedule for the movie as well.

Sorry, but ANYONE who gives up on a game after 5 minutes automatically gets demoted to assistant poop pot peddler alongside Mrs. Cartman in the Video Gamer Army...
Yeah, whatever. I watched my brother play PLENTY of this with his friends and I never liked it. Same goes for the N64, I skipped from the original NES to the Gamecube for nintendo, nothing about the Super or 64 impressed me. Also, for me that was a period of time where I was more into chasing girls then video games, so ya'll can bite me!! :D

Could it even be Goldeneye? I mean doesn't nintendo own some interest in the game since Rare was a 1st (or is it 2nd?) party developer for them?

I loved the game, believe me, many a night were spent in friends' basements playing death-matches, but I don't know if I'd be into a remake. Been there, done that, let's move on.

Yeah, whatever. I watched my brother play PLENTY of this with his friends and I never liked it. Same goes for the N64, I skipped from the original NES to the Gamecube for nintendo, nothing about the Super or 64 impressed me. Also, for me that was a period of time where I was more into chasing girls then video games, so ya'll can bite me!! :D

Yeah I didn't really like it either but I also didn't play a whole lot of games at that time. I actually spent a lot of time preparing for what I thought I was going to do for a living.

Goldeneye was a great console shooter for it's time. But, I highly doubt that this is a remake of that game. Let's be honest, MGM controls the Bond license and they want everything focused on Craig's new reboot Bond. So, I have a feeling this is going to be a Quantum of Solace video game with Goldeneye multi-player levels. It would fit in the release schedule for the movie as well.

If that was the case then all of the past Bond movies would be out-of-print but they aren't, they're all available.

Classic Bond films don't take away the excitement for new Bond films and the same should go for games.

If anything, this shows that Activision has faith and confidence in the "Quantum of Solace" game. I've never played CoD4 but it's obviously phenomenally popular and "QoS" will use its engine so that alone practically guarantees that it will be better than the mediocre EA 007 games.

I think they know that people will buy them both.

Perfect Dark Zero already came out and it was superior to neither

That's true. That game was average at best, but what else do you expect when you begin developing a game for the GameCube, then get moved over to the Xbox then end up releasing it as an Xbox 360 launch title?

It's well-known that many of the key figures at Rare have left since their Goldeneye/Perfect Dark heyday and you can really feel that on "Perfect Dark Zero" but fortunately that shouldn't apply on these 360 remakes. "Perfect Dark" is also supposedly in the works.

This can't be, for two reasons:

we know there's a "Quantum of Solace" game coming out. This Xbox magazine is touting this as the first announcement of something that's rumored (XBLA "Goldeneye" fits) AND we know for a fact that XBLA "Goldeneye" is in development because of that leaked YouTube clip that shows the updated graphics and ends with the XBLA interface.

Furthermore, those graphics are a step up for an 11-year-old game initially from the N64 but they aren't next-gen disc-based quality. These are impressive graphics for a $10, $15 or even $20 download-based game (especially one as beloved as "Goldeneye") but not a $60 DVD or Blu-Ray based game.

Could it even be Goldeneye? I mean doesn't nintendo own some interest in the game since Rare was a 1st (or is it 2nd?) party developer for them?

Nobody knows for sure but there are no obvious Nintendo-owned elements in "Goldeneye". They've released other games for Xbox that debuted on N64 like "Conker's Bad Fur Day".

Could they release something like "Donkey Kong Country" or "Diddy Kong Racing" or "Star Fox Adventures" on a Microsoft system? No, because Nintendo owns Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Star Fox.

Rare owns characters that were created by Rare like Conker and Banjo Kazooie, not Nintendo and while they don't own James Bond, neither does Nintendo.

Activision currently owns the video game rights to Bond and Microsoft/Rare should own the game engine, etc. so Nintendo really shouldn't even enter into the equation.

Activision had nothing to do with the "Goldeneye" game 11 years ago but a similar thing recently happened with the "TMNT" arcade game. Konami owns the old game but UbiSoft currently owns the TMNT rights and they managed to come to an agreement. I think it's only a matter of Activision and Microsoft making this happen, in spite of the various rumors about Nintendo putting the kibosh on the whole thing, which seems to have been resolved.

Back