Medicom Real Action Heroes Skyward Sword Link

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool figure! I'll probably pass since I've steered away from animated/comic looking figures; but this one is definitely tempting :lecture

If they don't bother making Vader tall, don't think they'll bother with making Link slightly shorter either. :lol

Link is supposed to be fairly short though right? Like he's theoretically under 6ft anyways. The figma samus towers above figma link.

Link is supposed to be fairly short though right? Like he's theoretically under 6ft anyways. The figma samus towers above figma link.

That's because Samus is a giant. She's something like seven feet tall without her armor on though I don't know if Nintendo still follows those old school specs on her. She isn't a normal human.

I think Link is only short in some games. I can't remember how tall he is in Skyward Sword though. The way heights work in Zelda games can be a bit nonsensical because of how exaggerated they are. Ganondorf appears something like 10 feet tall or more depending on the game and regular NPC look like giants randomly too.

There's no real consistency between Zelda games it would seem, even the official Hyrule Historia states that the timeline and continuity flux with every new release.

Adult Link's height should be around five and a half feet or so, as I've gathered from online sources like Wiki entries and whatnot. If he's a little under 12 inches, I would be happy.

That's because Samus is a giant. She's something like seven feet tall without her armor on though I don't know if Nintendo still follows those old school specs on her. She isn't a normal human.

I thought her old school stats were normal human but infused with Chozo blood giving her extra abilities?

I thought the suit she wears makes her look a lot bigger.

This figure is stunning, wish they would revisit Bebop.

My favorite anime of all time. I hope they revisit it, too. I would love to have a full line of the Bebop crew. Spike, Ed, Jet, Faye, even Ein. Viscious, too. :drool.

I thought her old school stats were normal human but infused with Chozo blood giving her extra abilities?

I thought the suit she wears makes her look a lot bigger.

Her suit is barely bigger than her. It's more like an exoskeleton.

EDIT: It's not considered canon anymore, but this magazine ad said she was six foot three without the suit on. She's a super human who is also tall. Even without the suit Samus is a beast. It's part of her appeal, but unfortunately they lost that recently when Japan realized they would only care about Samus if she looked like an anime super model.

Samus_PD.jpg

Oh, I think I'm going to be broke, but this is a must-buy!

These guys also made the amazing Chun-li figure, didn't they?

There's no real consistency between Zelda games it would seem, even the official Hyrule Historia states that the timeline and continuity flux with every new release.

Adult Link's height should be around five and a half feet or so, as I've gathered from online sources like Wiki entries and whatnot. If he's a little under 12 inches, I would be happy.

I think I can live without the shorter height. The overall it looks excellent and makes up for that inaccuracy.

Her suit is barely bigger than her. It's more like an exoskeleton.

EDIT: It's not considered canon anymore, but this magazine ad said she was six foot three without the suit on. She's a super human who is also tall. Even without the suit Samus is a beast. It's part of her appeal, but unfortunately they lost that recently when Japan realized they would only care about Samus if she looked like an anime super model.

Samus_PD.jpg

If they ever made a live action film, there's NO way in hell that would translate well. And I know it's a video game character and belief needs to be suspended, but even in the game world, how the hell can samus be comfortable or even move in that thing??

If they ever made a live action film, there's NO way in hell that would translate well. And I know it's a video game character and belief needs to be suspended, but even in the game world, how the hell can samus be comfortable or even move in that thing??

Well the way she operates isn't quite normal. For example when she goes into morph ball mode if I recall she becomes a sphere of energy. I think people used to assume she actually just curled up and was that flexible or something, but that isn't the case. Considering the size of the morphball too I think the suit really is more like an exoskeleton so maybe it just feels normal to her, like an extension of the body rather than some kind of armor.

Well the way she operates isn't quite normal. For example when she goes into morph ball mode if I recall she becomes a sphere of energy. I think people used to assume she actually just curled up and was that flexible or something, but that isn't the case. Considering the size of the morphball too I think the suit really is more like an exoskeleton so maybe it just feels normal to her, like an extension of the body rather than some kind of armor.

I get what you mean, but judging by the picture, there's too much bulk for her to do basic movements. I mean if you look at her chest, she wouldn't be able to stretch her arms in front to do...sayyyy, a hadoken.

I know I'm putting way too much thought into this, but it just bugs me at times.

actually, it would work since there have been insane cosplays of her in her suit and while it was somewhat uncomfortable for the cosplayer, it did look good...

will see if I can find those pictures

edit: found them:

metroidgravity003.jpg

metroidvaria04.jpg

metroid18.jpg

I get what you mean, but judging by the picture, there's too much bulk for her to do basic movements. I mean if you look at her chest, she wouldn't be able to stretch her arms in front to do...sayyyy, a hadoken.

I know I'm putting way too much thought into this, but it just bugs me at times.

My figma figure can do a Hadoken pose easily.

actually, it would work since there have been insane cosplays of her in her suit and while it was somewhat uncomfortable for the cosplayer, it did look good...

will see if I can find those pictures

edit: found them:

metroidgravity003.jpg

metroidvaria04.jpg

metroid18.jpg

Nice outfit, but Samus has taller legs, guess her bodytype isn't suited for her. Great job nonetheless.

Back