Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about how I feel about them. They just don't have the dynamic feel and realistic likeness that SSC has. As for Hot Toys "melting them all," Trev, don't count on it. With your sculpt and the new Prometheus body, they don't have anything on you guys anymore! The playing field has been leveled!

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Medicom's version looks like a poorly made custom. Medicom's fleshpaints just look like toy flesh-plastic like Hasblow uses. Very disapointing and no where near worth the asking price. I'd pay $20 tops.

Sean looks a little better, but not much. I'd compaire him to Hasblow's Dooku.

Frankly, I don't know why Medicom even bothered when Sideshow had the license too. Medicom can do armored characters, but they suck at everything else.

Jesus Christ:pow!

That's about how I feel about them. They just don't have the dynamic feel and realistic likeness that SSC has. As for Hot Toys "melting them all," Trev, don't count on it. With your sculpt and the new Prometheus body, they don't have anything on you guys anymore! The playing field has been leveled!

1 great sculpt and a new base body hardly levels the playing field,not by a long shot.
Whilst both look very promising it won't mean a thing unless the production pieces turn out as good,something which is not guaranteed with Sideshow.
The reason HT are no 1 is because they are the most consistent as regards quality. Sideshow struggle to produce 2 or 3 consecutive figures that are decent let alone the amount that HT have over the last 18 months and until that changes Sideshow will continue to lag behind.
As for the Indy's I think the Sideshow one looks better, I just hope the headsculpt doesn't get screwed up by the production painters.

Last edited:
I'm ignore remember!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nobodys trashing nothing except a few select of you guys.

Get your mouth off the ++++ of a SS toy for a sec.

Both look good to me.

Double-negative... So you ARE trashing something.:cool:

:rotfl

1 great sculpt and a new base body hardly levels the playing field,not by a long shot.
Whilst both look very promising it won't mean a thing unless the production pieces turn out as good,something which is not guaranteed with Sideshow.
The reason HT are no 1 is because they are the most consistent as regards quality. Sideshow struggle to produce 2 or 3 consecutive figures that are decent let alone the amount that HT have over the last 18 months and until that changes Sideshow will continue to lag behind.
As for the Indy's I think the Sideshow one looks better, I just hope the headsculpt doesn't get screwed up by the production painters.

Maybe, it's all dependant on one's point of view. I never understood why people praise HT so much; their figures look just the same as Medicom's and Sideshow's to me. Frankly, I find the perceptions of "better" and "worse" to be entirely subjective. I don't think HT is any better than anybody else. But again, it's all a matter of opinion. People can disagree with me as they like. I mean, isn't that what we're here for? To opine without worrying about what other people think? :eek:

Sideshow seems to have won this round thankfully.
Too many things are "off" on the Medicom to warrant the higher price.
Im sure SS will get around to doing the accessories as well.
But bottom line: More 1/6th Indy Jones = a good thing.

Not to stoke yet another Medi/SS/HT debate but the HT offerings are almost always more intricate and detailed than SS which is to be expected for the higher cost, not to mention the better and more consistent paint.

What I can't really see is how the Medi Indy is seen as cheap or shoddy and the Henry isn't. :confused: They both look decent to me and seem to be about the same quality construction and materials. Maybe it's because a Henry hasn't been produced before and the Henry sculpt is better than the Indy.

Medicom wins.

20080322942319b0835942ekf6.jpg
VS
3905_press01-001.jpg

There is so many difference between the prototype and the official release. At least, when Medicom screw there licence, we know it since the proto' photoshoot :D

Medicom wins.

20080322942319b0835942ekf6.jpg
VS
3905_press01-001.jpg

Sarcasm, right? If not... Are we looking at the same pictures? What exactly gives Medicom the edge over Sideshow? Is it the over-sized zipper and buttons on the jacket and shirt? Or maybe the complete lack of Ford likeness? Okay, now I see it...

I may cancel Gandalf and Clone Obi, and get both Indys. I was gonna use a Hasbro to make a Mystery of the Blues version, but I think I'll use the SSC for that and the Medi for movie Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back