Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See I've got a second Indy coming and I'm conflicted on what I want to do with it exactly. I'm leaning towards having Josh just beat it up a bit but I may go something like this. I'm just not sure. I may also take the non hat head and make a Dr. Jones figure out of it.

I've got a second (regular) Indy coming from my Canadian supplier and I'd love to make both a Prof Indy with one of the non-hat heads and a ToD white tux Indy with the other one.

See I've got a second Indy coming and I'm conflicted on what I want to do with it exactly. I'm leaning towards having Josh just beat it up a bit but I may go something like this. I'm just not sure. I may also take the non hat head and make a Dr. Jones figure out of it.

I think you could beat him up, but you can't really take a clean Indy, remove his jacket and one sleeve and get the same result. It would take more work than that... and kind of my feeling about the Medicom. Just one figure (especially at $150ish a pop) won't do it.

Connery looks great and I think that'll be the only one I'll pick up of the two. The Harrison sculpt is off in the straight-on photo, from the angle it looks better.

Both the SS and Medicom Ford sculpts aren't great, but damn it if Harrison's likeness isn't elusive.

I've got a second (regular) Indy coming from my Canadian supplier and I'd love to make both a Prof Indy with one of the non-hat heads and a ToD white tux Indy with the other one.

The problem is how the head will fit on the old buck body. This is why I'd like to see SS start selling the new body and then I could just buy a Giles figure and make a rough custom.

The problem is how the head will fit on the old buck body. This is why I'd like to see SS start selling the new body and then I could just buy a Giles figure and make a rough custom.

It'll be hard to do but nothing's impossible-- especially if the Freaks here put their combined might into solving the problem.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you could beat him up, but you can't really take a clean Indy, remove his jacket and one sleeve and get the same result. It would take more work than that... and kind of my feeling about the Medicom. Just one figure (especially at $150ish a pop) won't do it.

That's why I'm leaning towards just having Josh beat it up a bit and making a adventure beaten Indy. Then wait for SS to do a TOD Indy like the one in your pciture.

Right and while it saves money I guess. I'd rather spend a bit more and get a perfect Indy for each movie.

It'll be hrd t do but nothing's impossible-- especially if the Freaks here put their combined might into solving the problem.:D

Which is why I would be leaning on all you that do this more often than I.

Yeah, that is nice but it kind of limits not making any more Indy's. While I would like to have all those I know SS will make the others and make the changes to Indy that he does go through.

That's the problem for me. Indy's TOD and TLC looks just aren't different enough for me to want to drop another $200 for them just to get the accessories.

I'm still kinda leary about buying human Medicom figures after I got burned on Jack Sparrow though. :monkey4

That's why I'm leaning towards just having Josh beat it up a bit and making a adventure beaten Indy. Then wait for SS to do a TOD Indy like the one in your pciture.

Right and while it saves money I guess. I'd rather spend a bit more and get a perfect Indy for each movie.

I'm going to get some of that fake Halloween cobweb stuff and with the Exclusive torch and dart Indy's going to be making his way through the ancient temple as in the beginning of RAIDERS.

That's the problem for me. Indy's TOD and TLC looks just aren't different enough for me to want to drop another $200 for them just to get the accessories.

I'm still kinda leary about buying human Medicom figures after I got burned on Jack Sparrow though. :monkey4

See 4 me the looks are different enough to get both. Enough stuff happens during the course of both movies to come up with it anyways. The likeness of the Jones Sr. seems pretty good really I like it a lot but the paint already doesn't look as nice as I'd like. It appears to have the same look as the Jango paint and that lost a lot of skin texture from proto to product. Indy isn't as bad as Jedi Luke but its not much above it IMO.

I'm going to get some of that fake Halloween cobweb stuff and with the Exclusive torch and dart Indy's going to be making his way through the ancient temple as in the beginning of RAIDERS.

That sounds cool. I have no idea exactly what I'll be doing with the second customized Indy. Other than having it beat up a little and maybe making a Dr. Jones out of it.

I like it! It isn't dead on Ford, but mine is far from dead on.

Hot Toys, if they're doing Indy, will melt us all. :) I can't WAIT to see what they cook up in the likeness department.

I would kill to have another shot at 1/6 scale Harrison Ford though. I really need to try it at least one more time.

Now, Henry Sr. looks awesome! love the headsculpt and the glasses!

Trev

Medicom's version looks like a poorly made custom. Medicom's fleshpaints just look like toy flesh-plastic like Hasblow uses. Very disapointing and no where near worth the asking price. I'd pay $20 tops.

Sean looks a little better, but not much. I'd compaire him to Hasblow's Dooku.

Frankly, I don't know why Medicom even bothered when Sideshow had the license too. Medicom can do armored characters, but they suck at everything else.

Medicom's version looks like a poorly made custom. Medicom's fleshpaints just look like toy flesh-plastic like Hasblow uses. Very disapointing and no where near worth the asking price. I'd pay $20 tops.

Sean looks a little better, but not much. I'd compaire him to Hasblow's Dooku.

Frankly, I don't know why Medicom even bothered when Sideshow had the license too. Medicom can do armored characters, but they suck at everything else.

That's about how I feel about them. They just don't have the dynamic feel and realistic likeness that SSC has. As for Hot Toys "melting them all," Trev, don't count on it. With your sculpt and the new Prometheus body, they don't have anything on you guys anymore! The playing field has been leveled!

That's about how I feel about them. They just don't have the dynamic feel and realistic likeness that SSC has. As for Hot Toys "melting them all," Trev, don't count on it. With your sculpt and the new Prometheus body, they don't have anything on you guys anymore! The playing field has been leveled!

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I like it! It isn't dead on Ford, but mine is far from dead on.

Hot Toys, if they're doing Indy, will melt us all. :) I can't WAIT to see what they cook up in the likeness department.

I would kill to have another shot at 1/6 scale Harrison Ford though. I really need to try it at least one more time.

Now, Henry Sr. looks awesome! love the headsculpt and the glasses!

Trev

Hey Trev, or who ever might know the answer, is the sculpt the same for both Sideshow heads (hat versus no hat), or are they completely different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back