Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow those look great. the clothing looks phenomenal as always. they nailed sean connery.

Never in my life have I actually stood up for Medicom...but those are amazing.

The difference between SS will be Medicom's "grinning" sculpt on Indy. An bat-s#$% crazy Indy fan like me will probably own them all. :D

well, if ssc passes on dr jones sr, it's good to know there is a sweet alternative!
but is it just me, or does their indy look like jeff golbloom?:monkey3

For years, people have wanted a great indy figures now every company is doing one...:google

Dang I still hope Hot Toys is doing one. :monkey1

It looks pretty darn good. That headsculpt is probably one of Medicom's best. I think they do some good head sculpts it's just their severe lack of paint apps that really doesn't make them shine (though some of our customizers here have shown that off).

Indy's hat looks a little awkward. Hopefully there will be more pics in the future.

Connery looks to be the better of the two to me. I really like the expression they went with for Indy but I don't think he looks that much like Ford in the head on shot. The jacket looks great too.
I'll have to see some final pics before saying I won't buy them.
I'd definitely get Jones Sr. if Medicom actually produced 1:6 scale figures but since he wouldn't look right with SS Indy I may pass.:monkey2

PassLogo.jpg

Ditto. :monkey4

20080322942319b0835942ekf6.jpg

Indy's a nice sculpt, but doesn't look like Harrison, first big mistake, the nose is perfectly shaped instead of crooked and broken looking, a defining trait.

Henry Jones Sr. looks really really good. and I'll probably order that one. Indy doesn't look like its worth getting at all. The clothing actually looks cheap really based on those pics. You Indy will be over $100 and I won't be paying that for a figure that isn't nearly as good as the SS version.

Dr. Jones Sr. looks fantastic. I have to say I'm a bit diasppointed but what the Indy pics show. I think the main problem with the sculpt on Indy is the nose. Ford's nose hooks to the right a bit about midway down and his mouth slopes down from right to left. The hat's a bit to big as well. Here's a quick overpaint. Subtle changes, but It looks a lot more like Ford to me now. Trevor? You're the guy with Harrison Ford from 1980 tied up in a closet. What do you think?

I'll probably pass on Indy, but Sr. might be hard to resist. I'm surprised Sr. doesn't come with a Grail Diary.

indynose.jpg

Not that this matters much. I had my folks compare shots of the SS Indy and the Medicom Indy. Now, they have no allegiance and honestly might not even be able to tell which is which. They both said the SS Indy looks more like Ford and that the overall better figure was the SS version especially after I told them the price. Now, they both did really like the Jones Sr figure.

indy looks meh, but dr jones sr looks freakin' awesome. ill stick to SS indy and pass on jones sr in the hope that SS will deliver.

I think they look pretty good, but an easy pass for me. I'll wait for Sideshow to do a Henry figure. Why does his left hand look smaller than his right, btw?

20080322a651bce4aefde1fry3.jpg

Henry Jones looks good but Indiana isn't quite...right. I like the SSC version much better. Either way I'm excited to see figures being made for this series!

Why does his left hand look smaller than his right, btw?

There's a punchline just waiting to be delivered to answer that question.

I think they look pretty good, but an easy pass for me. I'll wait for Sideshow to do a Henry figure. Why does his left hand look smaller than his right, btw?

20080322a651bce4aefde1fry3.jpg

it's photography.. those are the standard medicom relaxed hands.. and they're fine in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back