Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and for my two cents, Sideshow's head looks more like "Raiders" Indy to me. Much more specific to that film.

BTW, how pissed is Cinemaquette right now? They were the only Indy on the block for a while. If they had released their mega Indy a few months ago they might have sold out. Now everyone is likely to wait for these smaller, but better, Indys.

20080322942319b0835942ekf6.jpg

When it comes to Indy, it's all about the hat.

Sideshow wins -- no contest at all!

Yeah, the hat does make a huge difference. Although I think Medicom could have had a good looking removable hat, but (at least so far) it doesn't look like they got it right.

20080322942319b0835942ekf6.jpg

When it comes to Indy, it's all about the hat.

Sideshow wins -- no contest at all!

The ONLY problem/fear I have with SSC Indy is the paint job - specifically the five-o'clock shadow. Even in the proto, it looks too dark and ... well, no other way to put it ... really neat and defined for someone who hasn't shaved in awhile. Medi's paint job does the shadow better. But, I still prefer SSC version. However, I would cancel my SSC in a heart beat if HT announced one and put up some pics before SSC ships theirs.

The ONLY problem/fear I have with SSC Indy is the paint job - specifically the five-o'clock shadow. Even in the proto, it looks too dark and ... well, no other way to put it ... really neat and defined for someone who hasn't shaved in awhile. Medi's paint job does the shadow better. But, I still prefer SSC version. However, I would cancel my SSC in a heart beat if HT announced one and put up some pics before SSC ships theirs.

I see what you mean, Indy has a very neat and trim 5 o'clock shadow like George Michael after he left Wham!. Something like a trimmed beard, more style than substance.

I like both of the sculpts but looking at them you can see they were both going for different versions of Indy. To me Sideshow looks like they were going for Raiders but something about the nose says Crystal Skull to me and the hat really makes it work. Kind of like when they were making Poochie the dog on the Simpsons and they wanted him to look like he had more attitude so they colored his sunglasses black.
Medicom looks like they were going for a combination of all of the Indys, the essential Indiana Jones, not just from one movie but the ideal Indy from all of them. The Medicom one also looks like the painting they used as concept art for the look Harrison Ford was going to have in Raiders. He looks less humanized and more square jaw, confident and manly good looks like he belongs on the cover of Brawny paper towels. Not as messy and down to earth as the real Indy.
Man I wish I had the funds to buy both. I like the gloves, hat and whip of the Sideshow but I also like the face and accesories of the Medicom. Plus the artifacts are a nice touch that I can't pass up.
Why do I have to like so much stuff?

Looks like were gonna have another Darth Maul situation.
If you want the ultimate Indy you're gonna have to buy both and swap bits out and futz a lot!

I will definitely pass the 2 Medicom figures. The quality and few accessories does not justify the price tags, as far as I am concerned.

For Snr, I think HT or SS may be releasing their version soon. I remember that some time back, HT had a fairly good scuplt of Sean Connery. Therefore, for them to release an 'improved version" of a Connery head scuplt shouldn't be too much of a production issue for them.

Now I am sitting back and just waiting for SS or HT or both of them to announce their version of Snr, probably during SSDC this year? Hopefully!

I definately don't see the better sculpt in the Medicom. So the Medicom Indy fans have good news, that's one less buyer they'll have to complete against.
I have to go with the SS version myself, I don't think you can get much closer to 1981 Harrison Ford without digital scanning and a time machine.

021408_indy_01.jpg

363.jpg

Looks like were gonna have another Darth Maul situation.
If you want the ultimate Indy you're gonna have to buy both and swap bits out and futz a lot!

What exactly does the Medicom Indy have that you would need to make the "ultimate" Indy?

The accesories, Grail, Shankara stone, Headpiece to the Staff of Ra,
I'm sure SS will release those but with different Indy versions though...

Well yeah, exactly. Besides, the different accessories belong with different versions of Indy anyway.

Well yeah, exactly. Besides, the different accessories belong with different versions of Indy anyway.

Yeah and some people would like only one Indy, instead of 5 or 6 of them. So if you can bash it and have only one, I think that makes him the "Ultimate Indy". Maybe I'll do that and sell all the spare parts.

Nothing wrong with comparing them and giving opinions about which one you like better. It is wrong to belittle others because they prefer an inferior product.

:monkey3

That's true. My bad Dave. :)

The Medi head sculpt looks more like Ford imo (Jeff Goldblum? Come on!), but SS has the edge everywhere else. I'm definately keeping my SS Indy but Medi's Indy is intriging!

It does? Thats your right but its just not even close the Medicom one looks at best vaguely like Ford.

This is the only thing that "might" be considered better. As I said in another thread Indy changes enough that I'd rather have more accurate Indy's.

I ASK TWO OF MY CO-WORKERS WHO DONT KNOW SHAT ABOUT ACTION FIGURES, WICH FIGURE LOOK THE MOST LIKE INDY AND THEY BOTH SAID THE MEDICOM ONE...

I asked my folks and they both said SS version and that the Medicom one actually cost more. They said I'd be nuts to even think about buying the Indy from Medicom. They pretty much don't pay any attention to the products other than when I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back