Medicom Indiana Jones and Henry Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy looks like he has a leather bomber jacket on. Which is no place close to the actual jacket. 4 me it looks be very cheaply made at best. Jones Sr. looks quite nice.

The only thing bad about Padme's paint is the eyes being painted looking out of the corner, but that's more of a design issue than a paint issue.

For some reason i see dave attell when i look at the SS one.(when the hat is on anyway)

3905_press05-001.jpg

bio_mainimage.jpg

This one?

indyheadpsew9.jpg

That looks great! Is that a photoshop paint-job?

Now I see it, it's the eyes...something about Sideshow proto's eyes make them look small and beady....

This one looks MUCH better....if they paint the eyes like that on their production ones and give him a little bit more of a tan I would be very happy.

I think the SS sculpt is better but the Medi paint is better with more "personality". We'll see with the finished products I suppose.

I actually don't mind the Medi jacket texture, but the giant zipper and buttons and the crappy hat are very distracting.

The only negative with the SS one is the paint which can be customized fairly easily. "Fixing" everything I don't care for on the Medi would take a bunch more effort.

Thats exactly whats putting me off. The "mega" size of the zippers kept me from picking up the Medicom Ghost Rider. I just don't care for thier Q.C. on the figures clothing and accessories. If Sideshow and Medicom are offering the exact same figure, then its a no-brainer for Sideshow all the way. Not just for the price but I belive it's a better figure overall.

I think the SS sculpt is better but the Medi paint is better with more "personality". We'll see with the finished products I suppose.

If they come out looking like Jango they will be quite flat and lifeless. In one of the pics Jones Sr. already seems to have that paint look.

I just don't see Indy's face in the Medi-Indy; it seems kind of dead and fake to me, like a doll wearing a fake smile. I do, however, like the Connery figure, despite the plastic flesh "tones" (if you can call it that). The expression on his face is perfect, and I really dig the likeness. Indy, not so much; in that category I give it to Sideshow for paint apps, sculpt, expression, costume, etc.

I'm with ya on Indy. Its just not there and the flesh tones on Connery already look fake (like Jango) which means it ain't gonna get any better. The likeness though and the rest on Jones Sr. is very nice.

hey irish jedi , i don't want to contradict you,: but this is not the sculpture that is sold !! that photo that you show is fantastic , but it is not the sideshow that delivery. seems to me ......:chew

Now the question is, will SSC offer these since they're already offering an Indy of their own?

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Considering they offered the RAH Maul, I'd say it's a safe bet they'll offer these.

I don't know what to do about these. The Indy looks almost as good but I won't cancel the SSC one for it. Do I need both?

The Henry without the hat is amazing! If SSC doesn't show us a Henry soon, I'll definitely buy this one.

I think its ironic that people are getting cranky over differening opinion on which one looks better when I bet SIdeshow distributes the Medi and they'll wind up make money off both of them. :lol

If they come out looking like Jango they will be quite flat and lifeless. In one of the pics Jones Sr. already seems to have that paint look.

I'm with ya on Indy. Its just not there and the flesh tones on Connery already look fake (like Jango) which means it ain't gonna get any better. The likeness though and the rest on Jones Sr. is very nice.

I agree Josh, the paint could come out very one dimensional and flat. But going by that one photo the Indy coloring looks pretty good and I like that the scruff isn't so pronounced as the SS.

But has anyone mentioned Medi Indy's hair?? There's some wacky 'Something About Mary' stuff going on there. Can't ever recall Dr. Jones having quite so much "mousse" in his hair. :D
106046.jpg
2355478786a0f5e9c068ojc0.jpg

Just so you know... we're not going to tolerate the same ole Medi vs Sideshow foolishness that plagues the Star Wars forum in this one. If you want to contribute, by all means do. But if you're planning on drive-bys don't waste your time. Keep that crap to the SW forum, which is essentially the entire board's haven for smack-talking.

I'm obviously referring to those of you who we never saw hide nor hair of in the Indy forum at all... until Medicom's Indy is announced and like a pack of wolves here you come with the same old stuff.

We've had a pretty good forum for the past month or two with little (if any) flame wars and lots of insightful, mature discussion. And I for one would like it to stay that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey , call these three : MARTIN CANALE , PABLO VIGGIANO , ANDY BERGHOLTZ ........................NOTHING MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

Just so you know... we're not going to tolerate the same ole Medi vs Sideshow foolishness that plagues the Star Wars forum in this one. If you want to contribute, by all means do. But if you're planning on drive-bys don't waste your time. Keep that crap to the SW forum, which is essentially the entire board's haven for smack-talking.

I'm obviously referring to those of you who we never saw hide nor hair of in the Indy forum at all... until Medicom's Indy is announced and like a pack of wolves here you come with the same old stuff.

We've had a pretty good forum for the past month or two with little (if any) flame wars and lots of insightful, mature discussion. And I for one would like it to stay that way.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I agree Josh, the paint could come out very one dimensional and flat. But going by that one photo the Indy coloring looks pretty good and I like that the scruff isn't so pronounced as the SS.

Well, I would wait for more shots. Jango and Maul both looked amazing in their shots but both lost that luster on the production pieces. Like I said Jones Sr. already has the look that my production Jango has. I still like Jones Sr and will be placing an order for it most likely.

The thing is when I saw it was Medicom that would be making Indy figures instead of HT I knew it would be trouble. For the reasons we're seeing now. Hopefully we'll get past this little bump and back to the insightful Indy talk we had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back