Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BI0vy9oCUAA8zeB.jpg:large

Ugh... why did they have to make it so limited? :gah: How much were you able to get it for?

Wish I didn't pass on Unit-01 and 02. But I noticed pre-orders said they came with special items for the first production so I wonder if they're going to do another run later?

I really enjoy posing mine. It's a real quality toy, but I think I might sell it.

Last edited:
Ugh... why did they have to make it so limited? :gah: How much were you able to get it for?

Wish I didn't pass on Unit-01 and 02. But I noticed pre-orders said they came with special items for the first production so I wonder if they're going to do another run later?

I have the Awakened version and I paid 400 for it from BBTS (still in my pile of loot, so I haven't seen it yet).

I could have gotten it for *maybe* 100 less from some Japanese online stores but they required immediate payment and didn't trust that they would get them in stock for sure, due to it being so limited.

I love my 01!

I'll probably skip 02 unless I get a good price. It's nice that they are doing this 08, as it's something different.

Last edited:
I ordered the 08B i really dig these figures.

I actually like the arms it mimics Mari's Plug suit design

I would assume that is due to them importing it first. From AmiAmi or HLJ it will be abou the same shipped as base cost from BBTS

I would assume that is due to them importing it first. From AmiAmi or HLJ it will be abou the same shipped as base cost from BBTS

Yeah that just isn't true. I buy from Japanese sources all the time and it's usually cheaper than Ebay or BBTS, which is sad. Haha.

SAL and EMS only costs about $25-$35 bucks tops. Both have tracking. SAL takes about 2 weeks.
That's still a little over $200. Maybe $215. ($180+35).

Also, BBTS has to get a discount on shipping a large lot for sale. They probably only pay a few dollars per piece to ship a crate. Say they ship 20, and pay $300 shipping. That's $15 bucks per item.

So they charge $250 before they ship it to you? That's $265-$270 at least.

That's a $60 dollar markup for nothing.

That is just low level scalping if you ask me. I made some Masterpiece Transformers pre-orders with BBTS a few months ago, but you can find cheaper distributors in asian countries. I know, It's business and I would love to support an American store, but they have to price competitively or I'll take my money elsewhere. $50 bucks makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Well it all depends on the price they get it at and who is importing it for them. I work for an online retailer and we do not always get the same discount as a domestic dealer on imports because it is done via different distributors. Also you dont know how big of a pallet they are shipping over at the time etc. Are they marking up yes, is it for no reason maybe not.

Like say you are offered 30 percent off as wholesale then you have to ship it to the USA. You cant sell it for the same as the domestic companies who have no import costs, they are already at a profit margin advantage. So your 30 percent becomes like a 20 or 15 percent discount.

Last edited:
Could be. I'm sure their are factors I'm not taking in account. BBTS seems to cater to people who are less savy about where to get the best deal, which is fine, but I'm going to save as much money as I Can. For $50 bucks I could get a Super Robot Chogokin Toy or save up for something else.

But to your point of domestic vs international., these toys aren't MADE in japan anymore, so they have to be imported to them too for sale.

Most of them are made in Southeast Asia or China now.

Japan and Korea are really just design houses these days.

Could be. I'm sure their are factors I'm not taking in account. BBTS seems to cater to people who are less savy about where to get the best deal, which is fine, but I'm going to save as much money as I Can. For $50 bucks I could get a Super Robot Chogokin Toy or save up for something else.

But to your point of domestic vs international., these toys aren't MADE in japan anymore, so they have to be imported to them too for sale.

Most of them are made in Southeast Asia or China now.

Japan and Korea are really just design houses these days.

Yes but there is a difference, when say you order from Hasbro a US company they import the items and then distribute them. So you pay shipping around the US.

Medicom is not a US company so you pay to import it here from there and then pay for shipping around the US. It is not the same beast.

Could US companies sell it for less sure, but they would be making much less and make it harder for them to continue to bring over more product. If you dont want to pay the mark up dont no one is forcing you. They are merely offering another option to people who dont like to import or whatever. IMO it is not unjustified what they ask most of the time. Sometimes it is a huge mark up and thats due to how hard it is to get too but thats an entire other issue.

Anyone know somewhere with PO's still open for Unit 2 at a decent price with fair international shipping (I'm in Australia). Been hoping Amiami will reopen PO's...

Ordered Unit 1 from Anime Island. Hopefully it will ship in the next week.

They should have made unit 00 first. With unit 08 beta being under Eva 3.0 license, it looks like Medi won't be doing unit 00 anymore. :(

Or as exclusive for the upcoming Wonder Festival :p, they can still make the 00, 08 Beta is certainly to concur with the 3.33 Bluray release.

2 pics of my EVA01

09a83584caf834330685f5c74a6ab.jpg

8398f37f241341287eea87a2fcb41.jpg

I don't understand your point. I think they just wanted to try something different.

Nice pics Zinoa!

Last edited:
Back